Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
    i think people are speaking of when the important play is 10 feet from u when u are on the sideline and u cant zoom back out to 70 or whatever it may be to get the shot.... u may wanna think about getting a teleconverter for ur 70-200.....
    No one is ever going to get quality shots across the whole field, especially 10 ft in front of me.Id rather grab most of the real action that happens between the hash marks. Im going to rent the 300 and see if the f/4 will work for me.

1999 Honda Prelude
    Photography Site

Comment

i completely agree, all i was trying to stress is that a prime so long limits u a bit....

"Tucking tires and wires."
      The Chronicles.

Comment

More than anything I want opportunities to take pictures. There has been nothing for me to shoot. My car doesn't even run so I can't take lame pictures of it even.
        Click for my ride thread.

Comment

There are opportunities everywhere man! Just get out with your camera and walk around.

Originally posted by Maple50175
          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

i been had fives

峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

its true. there is always stuff to take photos of. experiment with stuff you haven't tried yet.

I have been meaning to try a shot like this. I placed one strobe behind the white background paper letting it diffuse the light and light up the bottle and one strobe camera left with a diffuser pointed at a white celling. Both strobes were triggered via Cactus triggers. Still need to work on it a bit but this looks pretty decent.

In case anyone was interested its a bottle of Lagavulin Distillers Edition Single Malt scotch. Pretty rare and one of my favorites.
              The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
              Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
              Check out my JDM F22B swap
              Watch my CB7 video

Comment

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Love that shot of the bottle!

Perhaps give a little more fill light to the front label and it'd be a winner.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                  Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

^^^ Agreed

I have also been wanting to build a light box, pretty sure I can do it for under $10...should be a fun little project.

*Click on photo for my MR thread

Comment

thanks! its a pretty rare edition of the scotch so i didnt want to make it to bright and make it a bit more "mysterious" if you will. I do however want to make a snoot for the flash and direct some more light at the cap as its pretty dark and there is some writing on it.
                      Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Originally posted by cb7wagonPL View Post
                        thanks! its a pretty rare edition of the scotch so i didnt want to make it to bright and make it a bit more "mysterious" if you will. I do however want to make a snoot for the flash and direct some more light at the cap as its pretty dark and there is some writing on it.
                        Yeah, I was going to say that the top of the bottle is pretty dark and you can easily see the flash around the bottom of the bottle.

And I have grabbed my camera and walked around. I never find anything worth taking pictures of.
                        Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Then keep walking...haha

1999 Honda Prelude
                          Photography Site

Comment

Yep there are photo opportunities everywhere including your own house. I was bored of photography for a while because I found nothing of interest but eventually if you use some creativity you find something to shoot.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Be glad you have the opportunity to shoot everyday and youre not burnt out on it. I know I am getting really tired of not getting cover images to shoot, but its just how things go. I wish I had time to just go walk with my camera and not have to worry about deadlines and contracts and advertisement...haha
                              Go to a local park or zoo. TONS of stuff to shoot.

1999 Honda Prelude
                              Photography Site

Comment

As for not finding anything to shoot, this is what I do. Go on flickr, maybe even the D200 group, since you own one, and look at photos taken with it. Take it as inspiration and maybe even try to recreate some. Its a great learning experience. Also, when shooting something show it the way YOU see it. Try different angles, lighting and push your camera to its limit. Sometimes I try to forget about settings, low iso to have little no grain and just enjoy shooting. To many times I missed a shot because I concentrated on getting the perfect setting. Then sometimes I will take time to make a picture and not take a picture, something a friend pro photog told me about. Taking a picture is just noticing something, pointing the camera and taking the shot, of course paying attention to composition, exposure and etc. But it all happens rather quickly. When I make a picture, like the one above, I actually take time to set everything up, subject lighting and etc and then finally pressing the shutter button. Just my 2 cents
                                Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Working...
                                X