Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Tucking tires and wires."
    The Chronicles.

Comment

Heres some from today. Not the greatest but yea. These pictures also show one thing I really hate about the A80. IN some pictures you can see the sky basically white. I hate that. It doesnt catch it. These were taken during sunset too.
      It was hot out so didnt really have the patience lol. The wide angle lens also looks funky when setting the white balance I need to fix that.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

6-2-07 photoshoot meet
        So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

Man I am gone for like a second and this place has exploded, very nice pics from everyone.

"click the picture for members thread"

Comment

NAil05 - those are some cool fish eye pics! fix your white balance next time and your pics will look a ton better and it might fix the sky being white problem
            The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
            Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
            Check out my JDM F22B swap
            Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
              These pictures also show one thing I really hate about the A80. IN some pictures you can see the sky basically white.
              try locking (half press on the shutter button) the exposer on your subject, and then moving the camera to however you want. It looks like your cameras light meter is getting confused. This can be a combination of the camera itself and where you are pointing it.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by cb7wagonPL
                NAil05 - those are some cool fish eye pics! fix your white balance next time and your pics will look a ton better and it might fix the sky being white problem
                x2 I had the same problem with my powershot and I adjusted the white balance and now the pictures look way better.

Comment

Yea that day I didnt adjust the white balance in on the fish eye. It changed it completely. I adjusted teh white balance without the lens on. As you can see in the last pic thats when I took the lens off hence the difference in the picture compared to the others.

EDIT: more from same day and R33 its kinda hard to adjust. Even reviews of people messing with the aperture (which I did also) didnt help catch the sky that well. It was one of the flaws of the a80. Mainly I guess it doesnt like brightness I guess. But then it coulda been my settings which kinda messed it up. There was another complaint about purple fringing but I havent gotten that yet in my night pics so so far its working well.

Last edited by NAiL05; 06-04-2007, 01:35 PM.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

It could be just the flaws in your camera like you said. However I really think that the white balance is off. Try to adjust it once the lens is on so that way you can tell if its the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                      s.

EDIT: more from same day and R33 its kinda hard to adjust. Even reviews of people messing with the aperture (which I did also) didnt help catch the sky that well. It was one of the flaws of the a80. Mainly I guess it doesnt like brightness I guess.
                      Yeah, if its the camera, there is nothing you can really do. If white balance doesn't help as suggested, try playing with your light metering mode.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Yea imma mess with it when i get back in town this weekend. Gotta take some pics of HIN so camera should be in tip top shape.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Cool pics guys. I don't have that much when it comes to equipment or skills for that matter. I actually only have a Nikon L3.

These first pics are really old(from '03) and were taken with Chris's old camera. I can't remember the model but it's def. a Kodak.

These few are from my camera, Nikon L3.

^^Blue Angels(obviously) on Nantucket last year,really cool close up.
                          Last edited by TekSi; 06-04-2007, 04:42 PM.

Comment

^^^ Nice sunset shots they are beautiful. Those are desktop worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by PaQ_16
                              ^^^ Nice sunset shots they are beautiful. Those are desktop worthy.
                              Thanks. My sister's mother-in-law has the first one as her desktop. There was actually a rainbow on the other side of that sunset.

Chris and I are big on sunsets....

Comment

i picked up a new lens today! i'm gon' take some pictures now! i picked up a Quantaray 70-300mm F4-5.6 autofocus zoom.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Working...
                                X