Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice dude. 5000 wow. Any pp or is that ooc?

Here are some from this weekend-

My buds Cbr

Honda by rjr.photography, on Flickr

Honda by rjr.photography, on Flickr

This one taken with my Canon 50 1.8, 50iso

Quiet Day by rjr.photography, on Flickr

Power Of Dreams by rjr.photography, on Flickr

and while mowing my lawn this weekend, found some baby rabbits

Bunnies! by rjr.photography, on Flickr

*****NO I did not hurt any bunnies. I did run over the nest with my mower but the mower was high and no animals were harmed lol. Only after I passed over the nest, did I see it moving and freaked lol. At first I thought it might be mice or opposum but low and behold...bunnies!

I covered them back up and was worried that mama might abandom them, but yesterday I checked and she covered them back up with new fur so Im going to leave them be!

Wanted to keep one though!

I now know why the 5dc is considered a "portrait" camera.

I shot a 30th birthday and our annual memorial day bbq.....and the pictures are remarkable. Everytime hands down, I can tell that I took it with the 5d as opposed to my 550d. There really is something special about this camera, it's crazy lol. It's as if all the pictures are "dreamy" for lack of a better word.
    Last edited by Ralphie; 05-27-2014, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
      Nice dude. 5000 wow. Any pp or is that ooc?
      Thanks, dude. I used LR to do a mild color correction and noise reduction on it and brought up the shadows a bit, but that's pretty much it.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Wow that's impressive J.

I love the low noise output from the 5d. Even though I must say the t2i is no slouch and I think the top iso was like 12k...

I shot at 3200 consistently on the t2i and it wasn't to shabby, but I guess because we're talking 12mp to 18mp, the 5d just cleans it right up.

Nice work!

Comment

me and two buddies went for a cruise sunday night. good times.

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

nice. that e21 is gorgeous.

s2k ain't too bad either..

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Nikon d5100

I shot these in Japan a few months ago. I look forward to feedback, I am not a professional..

DSC_0086 by alwaysdeployed, on Flickr

DSC_0051 by alwaysdeployed, on Flickr

DSC_0007 by alwaysdeployed, on Flickr
              Procrastination is a THIEF of time!!

MY MRT

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203992

My First CB7

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/705233/1990-honda-accord/

Comment

Originally posted by dahubby View Post
                I shot these in Japan a few months ago. I look forward to feedback, I am not a professional..

DSC_0086 by alwaysdeployed, on Flickr

DSC_0051 by alwaysdeployed, on Flickr

DSC_0007 by alwaysdeployed, on Flickr
                Nice shots.

As far as feedback, I checked your exif and your biggest improvement would come from getting away from green box mode or full auto.

For pictures 1 and 3 i'd have used AV priority and chose an aperature that was too my liking and could handle the exposure.

For image 2, id have used TV on a tripod and tried to slow it down a bit to get the water to "blur" inducing movement.

Also try using the picture modes. For instance, all those are landscapes, so you would benefit from selecting landscape as opposed to standard....it improves contrast and tightens up the greens and and blues. I usually only use landscape, portrait(smooth skin tones) and faithful when I want extra pop but it doesn't fall into one of the afoementioned categories.

Also shoot RAW. I can't tell, but I think it's showing fine in the exif which would mean JPEG. Raw carries with it way more info then the JPEG counterpart, and allows for better recovery in post processing.....

which leads into my last point- PP. Did you edit these on the computer? It can be time consuming, but most photos do require some pp afterwards. Granted, it is entirely possible to get it right in camera and if you are not interesed in PP, then shooting in JPEG would make sense, just realize you get what you get....so later on you can't really edit the jpegs too much without losing quality.

I personally use Lightroom. Once you get comfortable, the workflow can be minutes. I can import, edit, organize, and export around 100 jpegs in anywhere between 30 mins to an hour, depending on how much work I leave while shooting. Lightroom really leaves no option behind, I find myself only using Photoshop for extreme editing such as removing people or objects, or pixel editing.

Other then that, the composure was good. All those images needed was a little more detail, some recovery/sharpness/vibrance in post and done.

Keep shooting!

Comment

Nice shots.

As far as feedback, I checked your exif and your biggest improvement would come from getting away from green box mode or full auto.

For pictures 1 and 3 i'd have used AV priority and chose an aperature that was too my liking and could handle the exposure.

For image 2, id have used TV on a tripod and tried to slow it down a bit to get the water to "blur" inducing movement.

Also try using the picture modes. For instance, all those are landscapes, so you would benefit from selecting landscape as opposed to standard....it improves contrast and tightens up the greens and and blues. I usually only use landscape, portrait(smooth skin tones) and faithful when I want extra pop but it doesn't fall into one of the afoementioned categories.

Also shoot RAW. I can't tell, but I think it's showing fine in the exif which would mean JPEG. Raw carries with it way more info then the JPEG counterpart, and allows for better recovery in post processing.....

which leads into my last point- PP. Did you edit these on the computer? It can be time consuming, but most photos do require some pp afterwards. Granted, it is entirely possible to get it right in camera and if you are not interesed in PP, then shooting in JPEG would make sense, just realize you get what you get....so later on you can't really edit the jpegs too much without losing quality.

I personally use Lightroom. Once you get comfortable, the workflow can be minutes. I can import, edit, organize, and export around 100 jpegs in anywhere between 30 mins to an hour, depending on how much work I leave while shooting. Lightroom really leaves no option behind, I find myself only using Photoshop for extreme editing such as removing people or objects, or pixel editing.

Other then that, the composure was good. All those images needed was a little more detail, some recovery/sharpness/vibrance in post and done.

Keep shooting!
                  Thanks for the feedback. I did not edit them but i do have Photoshop on my computer. I will try light room and see how it works. I am going to try and use it to shoot this weekend. I truly appreciate it.
                  Procrastination is a THIEF of time!!

MY MRT

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203992

My First CB7

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/705233/1990-honda-accord/

Comment

Some from this weekend-

Liquor line by rjr.photography, on Flickr

Rock band startup by rjr.photography, on Flickr

Roosevelt Island by rjr.photography, on Flickr

Trails south by rjr.photography, on Flickr

Comment

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Testing/practice for a film competition this weekend
                        New Amsterdam Peach by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr

setup:
                        New Amsterdam shot BTS by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

Wow great shot!

Thanks for the pull back. I always love seeing how setups are done.

Only advice I actually have would be maybe to try using a pyrex baking dish instead of that tray....

Im thinking since the pyrex is glass, that you would not see that border in the background...with the bokeh and translusence.....it would blur itself out....

What you think?

Comment

Thanks man! I used the big tray so I wouldn't see the front and sides. I'm going to get back to it tonight and wrap the lip with some black gaff tape as well as lift the front of the tray so the water is more towards the back.

edit: if you like to see setup shots, you'll LOVE this thread:
                            http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=984150
                            I've gotten quite a few ideas from that thread, it's fun to just skip to a random page.
                            Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 06-18-2014, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Oh ok, cool!

Im at work now, and potn is blocked, so ill check that out later.

Another question-

How do you get the action shot?

The splash and tilt all while shooting...

Im assuming remotely ....

so then how do you set up for that?

Comment

Oh ok, cool!

Im at work now, and potn is blocked, so ill check that out later.

Another question-

How do you get the action shot?

The splash and tilt all while shooting...

Im assuming remotely ....

so then how do you set up for that?

I dropped the bottle while holding a wired remote trigger in my hand. the focus was locked so it would go off relatively immediately so I could time it. Past that, it's just trial and error. The flashes froze the water and bottle in mid air

Comment

Working...
                                X