aww_shiet : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aww_shiet View Post
    These were done after less then three months of having my car.

Head liner

Removing the interior.

Cleaning the interior. (Preparation work for sound dampening)

Sound dampening application.

Did the sound dampening block out a lot of road noise or did it have a minor effect?

Comment

Originally posted by JamaicaBlue View Post
      Did the sound dampening block out a lot of road noise or did it have a minor effect?
      Im willing to bet it blocked out a pretty decent amount. It particularly cut exhaust noise in half on my cb.
      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
        Im willing to bet it blocked out a pretty decent amount. It particularly cut exhaust noise in half on my cb.
        Thanks man. I think I'll put it to use then . . .

Comment

last time i talked to omar he told me it did some deadening.. but it's not close to a newer car with proper dampening
          -:¦:-
          Originally posted by wed3k
          i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by JamaicaBlue View Post
            Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
            (goes to show you how often I check this thread lol)
            The road noise was reduced enough to be noticeable, but the downside of this is that it added a lot of weight to the car. The weight alone in the trunk end is extremely significant. (If you see my trunk, it looks like it was wrapped with jiffy-pop popcorn bags lol)

...the good thing with all the added in the rear of the vehicle, it makes the car feel more stable on the turns for some reason

Originally posted by TheNextAZN View Post
            last time i talked to omar he told me it did some deadening.. but it's not close to a newer car with proper dampening
            yea, I still had sound coming from (of course) the windows. plus, I don't have the firewall sound damped as I had to remove the dashboard to do so at which I was more like, "meh screw it!" lol

====================================

Originally posted by aleks77 View Post
            I havent visited your MR page in awhile, sucks to hear about your CB getting stolen. This is one of my all time fave CB7s In for updates, cant wait to see what you have in store!
            hey Aleks! yea man, it being stolen seriously put a damper with me and everything CB related. Ever since, I've really put a lot more attention toward my AP1. I know I should get off my ass and fix the CB and put it back on the road but sometimes I seriously lack the motivation! (continued on your MR thread...)
            Last edited by aww_shiet; 03-03-2011, 07:18 PM.
            Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

glad to see you're still around man!
              1cor10:31
              - 92 LX coupe
              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Happy to see you working on the CB
                Accord Of The Month January 09
                Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Hey man , just dropping in to say what up , Hope all is well , glad your still making progress with the accord
                  93 accord Black 10th Anniversary (REBUILD)
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=125009

1992 Accord Lx Frost White - SOLD
                  1993 Accord Se Coupe - Totaled
                  1992 Accord Ex Sedan 5 speed - SOLD
                  1992 Accord Lx Coupe - SOLD
                  1990 Accord Ex Sedan 5 Speed - Daily Driver
                  1993 Accord 10th Anniversary - STOLEN (REBUILD)

Comment

any updates?

Comment

aww_shiet- hands down, you and Type G have been my Favorites on this site.(both names and CB's) I am glad you are still working on her but how has the upkeep been? I am excited how the rebuild of sorts is going?
                      3 CB's gone....
                      1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool View Post
                        glad to see you're still around man!
                        glad to still be around!

Originally posted by RICHIE*GT35R View Post
                        Happy to see you working on the CB
                        Originally posted by tonylx87 View Post
                        Hey man , just dropping in to say what up , Hope all is well , glad your still making progress with the accord
                        Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                        any updates?
                        sorry the updates are coming slow. the parts I want and/or need are rare and hard to come by, but mostly importantly they're EXPENSIVE

last time around there were some parts I short-cut on which I end up totally regretting! worked out for the best though because those are the parts that were stolen!

Originally posted by Father Time View Post
                        aww_shiet- hands down, you and Type G have been my Favorites on this site.(both names and CB's) I am glad you are still working on her but how has the upkeep been? I am excited how the rebuild of sorts is going?
                        thanks for the good words! I really do appreciate it

as stated above about the rebuild, things have been going slow... since it's just been sitting in the garage, I've been working on some maintenance* as well.

*maintenance as in erks I had prior the car getting stolen

I might go with a 5 lug swap; finding some bad-assery rims for 4x114.3 sucks nuts lol

Comment

Originally posted by aww_shiet View Post
                          update:

Aww bro, who do I need to talk to so I can get some of these on my cb? These are hot as hell bro!!!

about to get my hands dirty!

Comment

Originally posted by Need4speed View Post
                            Aww bro, who do I need to talk to so I can get some of these on my cb? These are hot as hell bro!!!
                            these retros were off Ronald's (Ronald_Type-R) retired ( ) CB

like i said earlier, it's one part of my car of a list of things that I've gotten from all the heavy hitters from this site!

it's my way of having the best of CB7tuner's "rock stars" live on in my car.. since i'm rebuilding my car from theft, i think it's only right to do so seeing that i've gotten so much from this site! it's almost like my tribute

imma rock Ronald's set while I repair/upgrade mine and swap between the two when I get bored haha

Comment

Damn Omar i just read your thread about your car im sorry to hear that it happened the best part is that you got it back...

off topic the S2k looks effin sick

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
                              "2SIIC"
                              Authentic Jerseys for sale
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

Originally posted by Davids92Accord View Post
                                Damn Omar i just read your thread about your car im sorry to hear that it happened the best part is that you got it back...

off topic the S2k looks effin sick
                                dude David! where the heck have you been? I hit up your thread a few months back and it seem idle... thought you moved on! glad to see you're back!

yea, getting the car stolen seriously sucked! finding replacements parts too is a pain in the ass! I'm going with different BRIDE seats this time around, something more bling*

Comment

Working...
                                X