Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tps removal and install on 1991 accord coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tps removal and install on 1991 accord coupe

Tommarow I will be removing my tps sensor which is rivited on the tb. Is there anyway that is fairly easy to do this job without removing tb. I don't have the gasket for the tb and need to know if job can be easly accomplished

No and it is not a rivet, it is a screw with the head removed. Easiest way I found was a fine tooth saw or dremel and put a slice so you can use a screw driver to remove it. You will then need to set the voltage correctly when you instal the new one. And you need to remove the throttle body.

Comment

Here is a quick DIY on how to remove those pesky no head screws, aka shear bolts, from your TPS.

Before removing the bolts from the TPS make sure to mark it's position with a permanent marker or scratch a line from the TPS mount to the throttle body to ensure that it will go back in the same place as it was set from the factory. May save a TPS adjustment headache in the long run

First grind of the little nipple that sticks out of the top of the "rivet" screw. This will allow you to have a flat surface to cut into.

This is the nipple that you want to get rid of.

Second with a hack saw or dremel cutting wheel you want to cut a line in the head of the rivet. Like so....

Cut the line as close to the TPS mounting surface as you can. This will allow for more contact surface for your flat head screwdriver. Also insure that you cut it wide enough to fit a decent sized flat head....

Once you have it cut deep enough insert the flathead screwdriver and turn counter clockwise.

Voila.....

It only takes a matter of minutes to do this.

Cheers and good luck
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Thanks everyone going to the shop in a few and am glad I asked about this tps before I started lol. Know when I get it in what is easier to adjust it a multi meter and which wire the signal or 5v reference

Comment

How do I set tps after installed

Looking to no which wire I use to adjust the tps after I install. The reference or signal wire thanks

Comment

What are the three wire colours?.... It's been a while since I worked on an older Accord TPS.

From what I remember they are as follows;

YEL/WHT = (+) 5v Sensor Power
            RED/BLK = Sensor Signal
            GRN/WHT = (-) Sensor Ground

To calibrate your sensor you measure the voltage between the sensor signal wire, RED/BLK (center), & chassis ground.
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
            X