Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Intake Manifold F22A1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake Manifold F22A1

the intake manifold is not sucking in air. i have to leave the PCV hose open so that the motor would run.

i redid the timing and its perfect.

what are the possibilities that the intake manifold is not sucking air

There has to be air going through the intake manifold in order for the car to run (air go into the cylinders+fuel=combustion blah blah blah). Taking off the PCV line from the top of the head will not get air into the combustion chamber by the way. Maybe your air filter is plugged??? Maybe that is what is causing it, the air filter is plugged and not allowing enough air to go through. There are many more possibilities like vac leaks for instance. Maybe a vid or a little more description of the problem would help us to help you.
    Originally posted by 92jdm
    if you have any mechanical inclination, it should be easier than a drunk highschool girl after prom.

Comment

engine runs with the intake taking out. but if you step on the gas its not sucking in enough air. when you step on the gas and put your hands by the throttle body you cant barely feel air being suck in.

you cant even rev pass or close to 2k on the rpm.

it will stumble and then die afterward if i step on the gas.

Comment

So if you open the throttle by hand with the intake tube off, the car will stumble and die? If so, that is not an intake or throttle issue, that sounds more like a fuel, spark or clogged exhuast issue. As for having to unplug the PCV for your engine to run. That sounds like your IACV is toast or extremely dirty.

Is your check engine light on? Did you unplug ans sensors lately, maybe the TPS & MAP sensor connections got switched???????
        Last edited by GhostAccord; 04-13-2010, 10:52 AM.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
          So if you open the throttle by hand with the intake tube off, the car will stumble and die? If so, that is not an intake or throttle issue, that sounds more like a fuel, spark or clogged exhuast issue. As for having to unplug the PCV for your engine to run. That sounds like your IACV is toast or extremely dirty.

Is your check engine light on? Did you unplug ans sensors lately, maybe the TPS & MAP sensor connections got switched???????

check engine light doesnt go on. no sensors are taking off. IACV is clean and a new one as well. i am getting fuel cause i replaced the fuel pump as well. and getting spark too.

but i think i will be taking the cat off to see if its clogged and if its the problem. i do hear a hissing sound coming from the cat.

Comment

Check your O2 sensor, and try and tighten your throttle wire that is on the throttle body.

maybe it is lose.

You can also do a seafoam job it might clear out any carbon that is obstructing the path to the engine.

Temp sig, cars almost done

Comment

Originally posted by BatmanCB7 View Post
              Check your O2 sensor, and try and tighten your throttle wire that is on the throttle body.

maybe it is lose.

You can also do a seafoam job it might clear out any carbon that is obstructing the path to the engine.
              one it would never be the throttle cable

two i dont need seafoam

three the cat was clogged and problem solved so i hollowed out the cat instead. i have no emissions over here.

Comment

Working...
              X