Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INT : 5th gen Lude Cluster Swap into CB7 EX-R M/T (A/T Avail.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, you dont have to shave it all off the top like I do, thats just for fun to see how close I can get it without ruining it.
    Your man for wiring solutions!
    CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
    CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

about to do this swap in a 1990 EX...So I can just use the diagram as it is written right?

Comment

What would you guys rate this on a difficulty level?
        Im going to to this mod very soon on my 92LX manual. Has anyone done it for that year and trim? If so hook me up with a diagram! LOL
        The past, is history:The future, is a mystery:The present, is a gift.
        James 4:7
        Submit yourself to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man View Post
          You didnt cut your car's harness up did you?
          Even if one did cut up the harness, can you get another one from the junkyard?

Comment

thought i would add.

i have a 1991 cb9 wagon, auto.

i have been able to make the original tiptronic gear position indicate current transmission gear position. so it starts at 1,2,3,4. i just couldnt' leave that display alone, it bothered me that i didn't even try. so out it came while i do a black dash swap.

i 'm in process of tapping into the shift solenoids and i need to go get some diodes for the relay pack.

it uses three wires in different combinations to ground. that creates the numbers
            96 Accord SiR driveline installed. CF2 donar

Comment

Originally posted by True-BlueCB7 View Post
              Even if one did cut up the harness, can you get another one from the junkyard?
              Technicaly you could but that harness is a pain to uninstall/install. I cut my harness up but then I soldered/shrinkwrapped the new setup in. I looks great and I don't know why I'd want to go back to the stock setup... ever. I love these gauges

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                Technicaly you could but that harness is a pain to uninstall/install. I cut my harness up but then I soldered/shrinkwrapped the new setup in. I looks great and I don't know why I'd want to go back to the stock setup... ever. I love these gauges
                How so?

And I love these too. Sadly I've only used these three months.

Comment

man this fucking topics has caused so many head aches. I fucking freezing out here trying to figure out this hieroglyphics of a DIY. FUCK IT! Im making my own DIY on this mod. with clear written instructions & pictures
                  Last edited by Night Wolf; 02-16-2010, 03:33 AM.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                  01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                  93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                  93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

So I just did this mod finally, like 3 weeks ago.... I love it! I have to say its not as hard as it seems, its just time consuming as its a mod only one person can do. It took 10hrs with the help of a friend for guidance. I used my dremmel to trim my dash bezel. It sits very flush... If you have any qs pm me.. ill do my best to help you out.
                    The past, is history:The future, is a mystery:The present, is a gift.
                    James 4:7
                    Submit yourself to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                      man this fucking topics has caused so many head aches. I fucking freezing out here trying to figure out this hieroglyphics of a DIY. FUCK IT! Im making my own DIY on this mod. with clear written instructions & pictures
                      Cold motivation Ill get you some more hot chocolate when I get home.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

I gave in and paid CB7Man to make my harness.

When I did it with Ben, it was a hot mess. Reverse was the low fuel light, e-brake was the door light, and a few other things I forgot about. It was just terrible.

Comment

well I got 99% of it to work. I had to use the haynes manual for the CB harness & an online diagram for the lude cluster. couldnt get much out of this >__>

I wrote down where every pin goes.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I used the diagrams from here, then diagrams I got from a tech from the Honda dealer.

Comment

well I got 99% of it to work. I had to use the haynes manual for the CB harness & an online diagram for the lude cluster. couldnt get much out of this >__>

I wrote down where every pin goes.

yeah, that looked like alot of work. Gus is the man for this....correct DIY coming soon!

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

So....no one has been able to do this, cleanly and correctly..??

It looks like alot of trouble and hassle. Hacking up the cluster and the gaps and wiring and all that jazz. Probably would be easier to just swap in a 6G Accord cluster, lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                                Originally posted by Jarrett
                                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                                X