Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My Rattle Can Paint Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Rattle Can Paint Job

More than a dozen paint cans, a LOT of sanding, and patience! Took almost two weeks to get it done right (as right as it can be done using spray paint lol). I have auto body background and i know how to sand right. I don't care too much for looks, so the cheap way was right for me. I used all rust-oleum products. Also sprayed undercoating around wheel wells.

the plan

yellow done

last coat of black finished

unmasked

before final sanding

after final sanding

roof
    2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
    The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
    August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

not a bad job. not really feeling the stripes though. just my honest opinion but how many coats did you put on? also get your car a wash a wax and post up more pictures =D
    1991 Accord Sedan LX: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=173444
    1991 Accord Wagon LX: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=209652

Comment

ya it def needs to be washed. i'll probably buff it, wax it, then wash it. i put about 4 coats of yellow and 3 coats of black on top of the black primer that it already had.

as for the stripe, i love yellow and felt that it needed something yellow. something subtle, but more than say a pinstripe. its pretty thin and not as obnoxious as some of the other stuff rolling around here.
      2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
      August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

i like the shaved mouldings, but what is wrong with your hood?

x2 on not feeling really the stripes, but it's your car. have any plans for wheels and suspension?

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

needs a wash im not a fan of stripes but to each his own. if i were you id buy about 20 cans of clearcoat and do work

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
          And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
          Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

I think it looks good did you mold in the doors

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
              i like the shaved mouldings, but what is wrong with your hood?

x2 on not feeling really the stripes, but it's your car. have any plans for wheels and suspension?
              thanks, the hood is a junk yard replacement until i get a carbon fiber one. a truck backed into me

check my MR thread to see the Enkies i bought. i'm looking at the koni/nuespeed super cup kit when the money comes in lol

Originally posted by J3wman View Post
              needs a wash im not a fan of stripes but to each his own. if i were you id buy about 20 cans of clearcoat and do work
              ya i need to look into a clear coat. i tried the rattle clear, but it sux

Originally posted by Lakersfan24 View Post
              I think it looks good did you mold in the doors
              ya i did. i have some detailed body work pictures on my cardomain linked below \/
              2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
              August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Maybe the photos dont do it justice, but after you said you have autobody background I'm not that impressed with it. The black looks cheap and streaky to me. IMO, could have come out alot better.

I have no autobody background and rattle canned these two myself.

Did this one last summer

And this in '07

Comment

I do occur. looks kinda iffy.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                    Maybe the photos dont do it justice, but after you said you have autobody background I'm not that impressed with it. The black looks cheap and streaky to me. IMO, could have come out alot better.
                    True, but his car needs a good wash and some good clear on it and i think it would be ok. Plus its all black...

But i have a question for you: those two pickups paint come out really really nice, have you used base coat paint?

Comment

Originally posted by theSOB View Post

ya i need to look into a clear coat. i tried the rattle clear, but it sux

just try to keep the same brand otherwise the chemicals can react and u get flakes

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                      And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                      Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post
                        True, but his car needs a good wash and some good clear on it and i think it would be ok. Plus its all black...

But i have a question for you: those two pickups paint come out really really nice, have you used base coat paint?
                        All I used was Duplicolor Engine Enamel rattle cans.

The red truck is Duplicolor Ford Red enamel and the green is Grabber Green. The black is High Gloss Black enamel.

Only the green truck was clearcoated. Seeing how enamel paints are pretty durable, I don't see the need to clear them, as rattle can clears don't give much UV protection anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                          All I used was Duplicolor Engine Enamel rattle cans.

The red truck is Duplicolor Ford Red enamel and the green is Grabber Green. The black is High Gloss Black enamel.

Only the green truck was clearcoated. Seeing how enamel paints are pretty durable, I don't see the need to clear them, as rattle can clears don't give much UV protection anyways.
                          mmm thats strange i'd bet the red one was clearcoated!

Comment

92 Accord Cb7 ^^
                            My Ride Thread~~Click Below.
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176232

Comment

i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that green man, to the op.
                              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Working...
                              X