Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My Rattle Can Paint Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theSOB View Post
    thanks, the hood is a junk yard replacement until i get a carbon fiber one. a truck backed into me

You're going to drop $600 on a CF hood but won't spring to have paint done? Or maybe atleast buy/rent a compressor and a gun to paint with?

Comment

Originally posted by theSOB View Post
      Took almost two weeks to get it done right (as right as it can be done using spray paint lol). I have auto body background and i know how to sand right.
      Even with the sanding, the can streaks are very obvious
      Would have been better to hire a spray booth and gun, and spend a day there.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

yo

yellow lines look wack

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
          Even with the sanding, the can streaks are very obvious
          Would have been better to hire a spray booth and gun, and spend a day there.
          most of the pics were taken as the paint was drying. before the sanding. only the last two had final sanding done. i'll take more today
          2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
          VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
          VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
          The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
          August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

roller paintjob.

Rip It Up
            Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

wow...

uhm doesn't look great imo...maybe if you put a clear coat on it might look...better...talking about quality not on your "choice of paint scheme"

Also...i see a lot of signs you're doing mods that do not serve a purpose...just ones that you've seen done...again...just by looking at the car...and the 600 cf hood comment
              ____

Comment

Not tryin to clown but that looks like hell. Them minitrucks look pretty decent tho I gotta admit.

Comment

not bad. Didnt you use the rattle cans with "wide" spray? i did my 99 mirage white and it had the same streaks...check my threads this summer ill be doing roller paint job on my cb

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                  When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
                    not bad. Didnt you use the rattle cans with "wide" spray? i did my 99 mirage white and it had the same streaks...check my threads this summer ill be doing roller paint job on my cb
                    i didnt know they made those. that would have been a LOT easier lol
                    2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                    August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Not a big fan of the stripes either, but like everyone else said, to each their own...

The lines or "tiger stripes" is very typical with rattlecan paint jobs. Ive sprayed a few of my cars satin black before, and the only way I was able to rid it of the stripes was to paint one section at a time(for instance, removed fenders, hood, trunk, bumpers, etc, and sprayed them individually), very, very slowly and carefully. Its very difficult to lay down black rattlecan paint even enough to avoid them, so dont feel bad.

And, the hood's GOT to go mane...lol. What is the square section rivetted on there from/for?
                      '92 h22 CBMRT-->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158641

UNICORNS=donkeys with plungers stuck to their faces...

Comment

Originally posted by h22cb719 View Post
                        And, the hood's GOT to go mane...lol. What is the square section rivetted on there from/for?
                        ha ya, that's kind of a funny story. so when this f350 decided to back into me and fack up my whole front end i replaced the bumper and lights but the hood i just ran over to the junkyard. this one was in the best condition, just a few big dents here and there. since it was just a crappy junkyard hood, i didnt treat it as anything special. so when i had this awesome ides to put a paint can around my filter and a hose that connected to a cone on the from bumper, my clearance issue was fixed with a saw. i cut a hole in my hood to fit the can over the filter. then i hammed a piece of sheet metal to fit over it like an eclipse bulge lol. at the time, the welder was in use and i needed it done so i just riveted it on there
                        2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                        August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

wow that is a funny story....LOL

Sucks man, Ive had trucks back into me before too. At least you had it happen to an accord, with parts available all over junkyards. Mine happened in my 85 nr2....not too many of those around junkyards....and sheits EXPENSIVE to replace on those....
                          '92 h22 CBMRT-->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158641

UNICORNS=donkeys with plungers stuck to their faces...

Comment

Working...
                          X