owequitit : 2009 Honda Civic Si

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
    I just dont like how there is a slight delay in throttle response, not all that noticeable, but its there.

I have yet to drive an 09 Si, probably take one out tomorrow to see how it feels.

I haven't noticed it as much on the 09. THere were definitely some quirks on the 07 coupe I spent quite a bit of time with though
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
      I remember reading that thread on TOV...rediculous.
      yeah. It really is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
        so weres teh picktars
        Right here ...

LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
          I chose the sedan. Personally, for me, it was more functional. The coupes are cool, but the rear seat headroom is really limited, and I usually have my flight bag etc, that I carry. Plus, if I want to carry a few friends, I have no problems with it. The rear spoiler is also lower profile, and the sedan chassis is just a slight bit stiffer than the coupe due to the B pillar structure.

I test drove both, and I don't think you would go wrong with either, but I personally liked the sedan better.
          I agree, the major thing that points me towards liking the sedan is the fact that 4 doors are much more convenient. When I go out with friends, my car is not a great choice when there are more that just 2 of us. I also kind of like that fact that it is like a sports sedan, as opposed to having a sporty coupe because I think it is less conventional in a way.

I read that you are planning on leaving this car completely stock which is a good idea for obvious reasons lol, but what about something not too drastic/crazy, possibly some minor suspension components or minor appearance parts? I bet it is tempting with such a nice new platform!

In regards to the '09 wheels, I like them I think they look really sharp and match the angles and lines of the car!

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

Is the CB gone?
            14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post
              Is the CB gone?
              No, of course not

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Wow.. I'm kinda suprised. Nice pick up. I wonder what kind of recession deal you got on it? Keeeping it stock is super smart. I would do the same thing.

All this time I kept thinking you would eventually pick up one of these.. and do what this guy did to it..

Comment

great choice, I've always enjoyed cracking some i-vtec in my wifes 07 SI, just ask the great pretender (dean) LOL.

Its a great car all around, not to mention the potential of the k20.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Can we at least get some cellphone pics?

Comment

I have drove an '08 4dr Si quite a few times and that car is amazing. The car is pretty quick and then when vtec kicks in, the sound and the way the car continues to pull is awesome. Imo this is the perfect DD. You get style, performance, and creature comforts.

Comment

Pics!
                        R.I.P Mulberry Red Pearl 90'ex
                        SASKCB7 Tuner

Searching for a CB7, within 1000m of me

Comment

Originally posted by vinbon63 View Post
                          I agree, the major thing that points me towards liking the sedan is the fact that 4 doors are much more convenient. When I go out with friends, my car is not a great choice when there are more that just 2 of us. I also kind of like that fact that it is like a sports sedan, as opposed to having a sporty coupe because I think it is less conventional in a way.

I read that you are planning on leaving this car completely stock which is a good idea for obvious reasons lol, but what about something not too drastic/crazy, possibly some minor suspension components or minor appearance parts? I bet it is tempting with such a nice new platform!

In regards to the '09 wheels, I like them I think they look really sharp and match the angles and lines of the car!
                          Absolutely no plans to modify. It rides fine, handles as well as I need it too, and looks fine too.

The ONLY thing I am going to do to it for sure is tint the windows. The Hondata reflash appeals to me only because it lowers the VTEC point, but honestly, it isn't a big enough deal to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post
                            Is the CB gone?
                            LOL!

No, actually the CB is parked in the garage right now, and the Si is in the driveway. I am thinking about letting my parents use it as a second car though. We will see.

Comment

Just broke 700 miles. Got it nice and broken in (at least initially). I will take it easy on it for at least the next 1,000 miles or so though. It still seems to be loosening up slightly, although it is noticeably more responsive and powerful than it was.

I took it on a highway trip this weekend, and averaged about 35MPG on the way there and then around 30-32 on the way back. That is slightly better than what the CB would have done, and considering the fact that it is still tight, I expect that to improve as well.

I like pretty much everything about this car. I only actually have a few very minor complaints. The steering wheel is not thick enough anywhere other than 2 and 10 o'clock. I wish Honda would make the rims thicker. They work fine, but it is slightly more fatiguing on long trips. That is the only one I can really think of right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Fake Thug View Post
                                Wow.. I'm kinda suprised. Nice pick up. I wonder what kind of recession deal you got on it? Keeeping it stock is super smart. I would do the same thing.

All this time I kept thinking you would eventually pick up one of these.. and do what this guy did to it..
                                I would have liked one of those, but good luck finding one on dealer lots. You can't really make a deal if they aren't in stock. Plus, honestly, the Si is a bitchin little car. Very maneuverable, responsive, and "sporty." Also, to be frank, the Si has plenty of power. I topped just over 100MPH passing 3 cars today from 60MPH.

Comment

Working...
                                X