No announcement yet.

owequitit : 2009 Honda Civic Si

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does the dealership react when you bring the car in for smallish cosmetic repairs? Do they seem put out?
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Scott, I'm sure I'll be in the same boat, not wanting to "tweak" a newer car, when I get to that point in my life.

Bottomline, you still have one hell of a DD car and you have a project car. I view the Progress rear sway bar and K-pro as minor tweaks. If you commit, just really stick to your guns and be done if these are your only complaints. Your just enhancing the OEM package, as you've said. I would definitely stay out of the motor.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
        How does the dealership react when you bring the car in for smallish cosmetic repairs? Do they seem put out?
        No not at all. They were actually very receptive to helping. Of course Honda ultimately picks up the tab anyway, so they probably don't mind. I have never had problems with them be willing to help, although sometimes I am disappointed that they don't seem to troubleshoot very well. I don't know if that is just that they get weird problems, or they don't really care. Either way, this is all cosmetic and simple. A body shop will check out the door.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Finally had TSB 09-027 completed, which was the original reason I took the car to the dealer. LOL! They forgot.

I am learning that Honda is VERY serious about making sure you are happy. After service, I got a call from the service advisor, the general manager of the dealer, the corporate office, and then I also got an email survey to complete. They definitely want to make sure you were happy.

On that note, I didn't have any issues with the dealer, but I let Honda know I wasn't pleased about everything. This car has had a few minor issues since new.

The TSB was no big deal, as it was a known problem with an easy quick fix. The other issues I had were a poorly coated radio display, which had the orange film peeling off in the corners (was like that in the showroom, and it wasn't a big deal. Mainly had it fixed since it was in anyway), which required them to replace the radio unit.

The other issue I had was that the driver's door gap was so tight up front, the door strip contacted the fender one time on opening. The part I can't figure out was why it only happened the one time, and not any others. It wasn't in weather the car had never been in or anything like that, so it was most mysterious. Anyway, everything was immediately resolved by the dealer.

I did let Honda know however that I was not very happy about it, and certainly didn't expect such things from their product based on previous ownership experience. We will see how things go, because other than those few minor issues, it has been absolutely faultless. Of course, my Accord had 1 or two early build issues that were rectified within 10K also, and it has continued to run flawlessly for the next 20 years and 250K, so it isn't necessarily an indication the car is junk, but I will be keeping an eye on it...

Comment

very nice when i get a better job i def plan on getting one of these for my dd
            WHITEONWHITE

Comment

are you on 8thgencivicforum?

I've been on their for a few years..
              I don't have the si, but an lx, but the same design flaws consist in both.
              I use to love my wifes car for a true daily driver with 42-45 mpg, but i have learned to hate this year model civic. they have so many recalls and problems they are the biggest piece of junk i have ever owned with this high of a car payment.

be carefull and listen for your bearings to go out, it's a verry common problem. bad ones the wheels fall off somehow, many people at highway speeds have had this happen. anyways i hope you get lucky and don't have any issues i and thousands of others have had.

a supercharger on these engines make for some nice eye candy.

[IMG][/IMG]

here is a few tsb's to watch for i'll find the other one that is double this size.

http://www.alldatadiy.com/TSB/24/062402bb.html
              Last edited by KeeleDesign; 11-14-2009, 09:48 AM.
              "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
                are you on 8thgencivicforum?

I've been on their for a few years..
                I don't have the si, but an lx, but the same design flaws consist in both.
                I use to love my wifes car for a true daily driver with 42-45 mpg, but i have learned to hate this year model civic. they have so many recalls and problems they are the biggest piece of junk i have ever owned with this high of a car payment.

be carefull and listen for your bearings to go out, it's a verry common problem. bad ones the wheels fall off somehow, many people at highway speeds have had this happen. anyways i hope you get lucky and don't have any issues i and thousands of others have had.

a supercharger on these engines make for some nice eye candy.

[IMG][/IMG]

here is a few tsb's to watch for i'll find the other one that is double this size.

http://www.alldatadiy.com/TSB/24/062402bb.html
                The SI is apparently different, because there are no recalls, and I think the only TSB was the one I had complied with. Keep in mind too that the Si's are specifically built in Canada so that may make a difference too.

As for 8th gen, yes I am on there, but really, most of the owners don't seem to be having any problems at all. The problem with forum threads like that is that when people specifically have a problem, they go looking for a thread in a forum that explains their problem, and they usually post in it. That makes the occurrence seem a lot more common than it really is. Tranny failures, 3rd gear grinds and the like are good examples of this. If you look at those threads, it seems like EVERYONE is having the problem, but compared to the whole production run, it is actually usually less than 1%. Take the guys having the bearing issues. Even if there are 2 or 3 thousand of them from every single model year, that still represents less than 1% of the total run. This obviously applies to every make and model, not just Honda.

So far, other than a really few minor issues, I have no problems at all. Like I said, with a new car, sometimes things happen because that is just the reality of the beast. My Accord had a few issues (like the leaky cam seal) that wolud have driven people to the same type of conclusion, but it was a relatively minor problem in the grand scheme that was taken care of by the dealer and never became a problem over the rest of the life of the car. Those issues you mention seem to be more early build cars, as they usually work those problems out over the course of the production run.

http://www.alldatadiy.com/TSB/24/092454b5.html

These are the ones that apply to my car, and you can see that A) they are all minor problems, and B) they are a lot fewer than they were a few years ago.

Here is the list for the 2006 Si:

http://www.alldatadiy.com/TSB/24/062454b5.html

So they are definitely headed in the right direction.

http://www.alldatadiy.com/TSB/24/90240114.html

Conversely, here is the list for the 1990 Accord, and this has been by far the most reliable car I have seen period.

Versus the Jetta:

http://www.alldatadiy.com/TSB/62/096228b4.html

Versus the Mazda 3 and MS3:

http://www.alldatadiy.com/TSB/33/09334083.html

http://www.alldatadiy.com/TSB/33/09334090.html

http://www.alldatadiy.com/TSB/33/09334599.html

You can ultimately go through there with any vehicle and they will have a slew of TSB's.

Keep in mind too that a TSB is not necessarily a bad thing. It could be a good thing, because they offer solutions to common problems, so if there is a TSB, then there is also a fix. Still, spending some time sifting through there, the Civic isn't necessarily a car with a lot of problems.

Comment

Stock block

Stock tires @ stock pressure

Comment

Check out Scott burning it up at the track...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

wait a second.... when did you boost this baby? or am i just lost?
                      nice video
                      "Self Renewed"

Comment

That's not me.

Thats just a stock SI with an AJP turbo kit on it @ 9.5PSI. At 10.5PSI stock block, stock tires, he runs low 12's.

I just posted because mainly if I WERE to boost down the road, it would almost certainly be an AJP kit. They are simply awesome.

This car also has the new Hondata Flashpro, which is what I am considering.

Comment

Gah! Scott.... Fooling us like that, lol.

I was thinking to myself, "When did he turbo..?"

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                            Gah! Scott.... Fooling us like that, lol.

I was thinking to myself, "When did he turbo..?"
                            Nah. Mine is still 100% stock.

Just pondering on the possibility of a Flashpro. But alas, money is really tight at the moment as I am looking for a house.

Comment

Had TSB 09-028 complied with today. Feels much better. I don't think there are any other issues with this car that can be dealt with by Honda.

Still love this thing, although I am fighting the modding bug on it.

Comment

got cbp si a couple of days ago, can't believe you haven't touched the car yet! ill be posting some pics soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X