Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22a6 wont go past 3000k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22a6 wont go past 3000k

Ok so heres the deal. Its a 93 Accord 5spd EX

Nothing has been swapped or messed with. The car looks like it hits rev limiter when you downshift a gear to raise the RPM higher or in that same gear.

Now if you shift under 3000k the car picks up its normal speed on any gear.
    Its only when your at WOT that it hits that 3000k and wont go beyond that.
    There is also no check engine light.

Prior to what i decribed is that when ever your getting up to speed around the 3000k at WOT it sounds like the CAT rattles. Not actually sure its coming from that area but it sure does sound like it. I tried and did visual check on the CAT after driving it hard and it doesnt show any glowing red looks.

The engine dosent smoke,tick,rattle or anything it runs smooth.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

whats your tach look like? does it bounce around at 3k?
      COUPE K24

Comment

although you don't have a CEL try to pull a CEL code anyways

If the light stays on solid then you have a bad ECU

If it flashes once with the key and then turns off you have another problem

Comment

Yes it just bounces like it has a rev limiter at 3000k.
          Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
          whats your tach look like? does it bounce around at 3k?

Comment

Ok i will do that.

But lets just say its not the ecu. What could it possibly be?
            Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
            although you don't have a CEL try to pull a CEL code anyways

If the light stays on solid then you have a bad ECU

If it flashes once with the key and then turns off you have another problem

Comment

Any more inputs?

Comment

7 posts, and 5 of them are you... this thread should be deleted for that reason alone. Be patient. Nobody wants to help someone who is so anxious that they CONSTANTLY bump their own thread in a single day.

It sounds to me like your cat is clogged. The higher you rev, the more exhaust you're pushing out. If the engine can't push the exhaust out, it won't rev any higher.

Comment

Deev, I do apologize if i overposted there not my attentions. I am just trying to get as much info on members who can point me in the right direction.

To be honest the CAT was my first guess but shouldnt it turn hot red after driving it for awhile?

Comment

By posting repeatedly, you're telling everyone that you're probably going to be a pain in the ass if they try to help you... so they don't bother. The only help you'll get is from people that don't know enough to help you.

Yes, the cat would usually get very hot. I don't know if that's always the case, as I have no personal experience with it.

Does your CEL work? I've dealt with many people that swear they aren't throwing a CEL, and it's because the bulb has burned out.

How about your ignition timing? Is it set properly?

Comment

Like i informed earlier i do hear a noise more like a rattling noise that almost sounds like its coming from the CAT area when you get up to the 3000k mark at WOT.

I believe the CEL works. Since it turns on when you turn the key.
                      I have yet to try and jump the connector to get a code. But the CEL light is not on.

Engine Timing should be correct since i compared all the points and marks to that of another accord f22a6 all visually checked.

I have looked around some other websites about the similarity of the problem and have come up on the TPS not working.

Comment

you could take the cat off and ride around to see if there is a difference. they can make a ball bearing type rattling (like you described) when they come apart inside. later.
                        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

How old is your exhaust system? I had a similar problem in a Dakota back in the day where the cat was clogged. Basically all the honeycomb material inside crapped out and went to pieces. The truck wouldn't rev up past a certain range, it felt slow and you could hear a rattling sound down there.

Comment

Im pretty sure its the cars age but im not 100%. The piping as well as the CAT look to be in pretty good shape no rust at any point.

The only other problem it has is a intermittent working speedo. But i doubt that is whats causing the problem.

Comment

you can't look at the cat and tell if it's bad, the problem would be on the inside. you will not get a cel for a bad cat.

you can however hit the cat with your fist and hear something inside rattle.

when you said that your speedo works intermittently, that is probably your vss going out, but that wouldn't cause the problem you are having. eventuallly you will get a cel for that. later.
                              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Working...
                              X