Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22a6 wont go past 3000k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lining up points on the distributor to match another car is not the same as setting your timing properly. Set your timing with a timing light.

If you halfass everything, there's no way we can help you. It's much easier to diagnose a problem when there aren't a handful of other things wrong that may or may not be contributing to it. If your ignition timing is way off, it will most certainly affect the way your engine runs.

Comment

Do note the car is at home and not at a shop. I dont have all the tools to better diagnose the car and check other troubleshoots. I am doing as much as i can with what i have at home. I will be taking it to the shop on Mon morning so saying i Half-ass what i am doing is out of the question.

The VSS does not have nothing to do with the cars RPM problem i simply just stated that.

Other websites state that there cars can go over 3000k on neutral. Which on the contrary my car does not. It reaches 3100-3400k and hits a limiter within that range. But yet you can go on the freeway with out full-throttle and get up to 70mph thats the fastest i have taking it.

Comment

A timing light is $30, and can very likely be borrowed from a local autoparts store for free. If a certain tool is necessary to fix your car (a timing light should always be used whenever you remove or adjust the distributor), and you do not have that tool, then anything you do is indeed halfassing. If you don't have the correct tools, either get them, or don't mess with that part of your car. You are defending your carelessness, and ignoring potential causes for your problem. You want answers, we're doing the best we can do with what you're giving us.

The VSS tells the ECU how fast the car is moving. That actually DOES affect the way the ECU fuels the engine. Of course, you know better... so I won't argue this point any further.

For someone that has no idea what's wrong with his car, you are certainly sure about damn near everything that's "not" wrong with it.

First thing, disconnect your cat as TypeG suggested. That will tell you if the cat is clogged, and the cause of your problem. That is something that costs no money, and you should have all the tools to do.

Second, buy or borrow a timing light and properly set your ignition timing. Even if that isn't the problem, it should be done anyway.

Third, try borrowing another ECU if you can.

Comment

I understand the point your trying to get at, and even still i appreciate your responds and will not argue about that,but I have not messed with anything on the distributor. I simply just compared the timing marks on my other accord do the one that has the problem but just visually.

I have yet to check the timing with the timing light which i will be doing come Monday at the shop.

As far as the swapping out the ecu i cant since im at work 12hrs and dont get off till late. But i will be able to do that Monday as well. I do have a P13 at home that i can have someone swapped out with a pt6 just to see if its related to ecu being the problem.

Comment

3000k.... damn bruh most F22As don't rev past 6K what's the problem????? :P

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Ok so i pulled up a Code 4 Crank Position Sensor. Is that what causes the bogging at 3000k?

If so where is the location?

Comment

Originally posted by DejectedAngel View Post
                Ok so i pulled up a Code 4 Crank Position Sensor. Is that what causes the bogging at 3000k?

If so where is the location?
                the sensor is in the dizzy.The sensor is sending a weak signal causing the ecu to go into limp mode in which you will be able to drive the car but not push it to its limit because the sensor cannot dish out a strong enough signal. You need a new dizzy.

Comment

Oh ok thanks forenza.

So pretty much theres no way of replacing just that sensor?

Comment

Nope, they are very precisely calibrated. I touched them and ruined a whole distributor

Comment

Dang! Oh well looks like i will be waiting on getting another dizzy. Since the local J/K CBs are hardly complete on the dizzy side.

Should it matter if its from a auto accord? Since mine is a manual f22a6.
                      I know 92-93 f22a1 have the external coil as well.
                      Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                      Nope, they are very precisely calibrated. I touched them and ruined a whole distributor

Comment

Just a note, I had a nearly identical problem with my car not going over 3k rpm, tried many different things and in the long run it was simply the computer that had gone bad.
                        Current
                        1992 Accord EX 5-speed Sedan
                        Rosewood Brown
                        1992 Accord EX 5-Speed Sedan
                        Arcadia Green

Previous
                        1992 Accord EX 5-Speed Sedan
                        Bordeaux
                        1993 Accord LX 5-Speed Sedan
                        Bordeaux

Comment

I heard of that situation too, but if im not mistaking you can by jumping the ECU connector and if it stays solid orange that would mean the ECu is bad.

Comment

Does anyone have input on this-
                            Originally posted by DejectedAngel View Post
                            Dang! Oh well looks like i will be waiting on getting another dizzy. Since the local J/K CBs are hardly complete on the dizzy side.

Should it matter if its from a auto accord? Since mine is a manual f22a6.
                            I know 92-93 f22a1 have the external coil as well.

Comment

the only difference in them should be that one has internal coil and on had external coil. later.
                              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Thanks B,

That does open up a lot more chances on finding a dizzy at the J/Y.

Comment

Working...
                                X