Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

auto seat belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My passenger side doesnt work either. It goes foward when you open the door but doesnt retract. So I just wound it back and unplugged it. I was hoping to take it to Honda to get them to replace it for free but your saying the warrenty just covers the belts and thats it. Thats dumb, wouldnt you think it would cover the most obvious thing to go bad, the motor? Ive never seen a bad seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by yaherdme View Post
      My passenger side doesnt work either. It goes foward when you open the door but doesnt retract. So I just wound it back and unplugged it. I was hoping to take it to Honda to get them to replace it for free but your saying the warrenty just covers the belts and thats it. Thats dumb, wouldnt you think it would cover the most obvious thing to go bad, the motor? Ive never seen a bad seatbelt.
      With auto seat belts there's a sensor that makes them retract as well as a motor I'm pretty sure. They replaced my sensor ( free ) and mine work again. The recall, where I live anyways, had to do with the sensor.

Comment

I had the same problem in my '91, passenger seatbelt seldom worked. I replaced the "seatbelt warning control", i.e. the computer, located under the passenger seat, and the problem was solved. Apparently the current from ther motors has a habit of frying these computers. Best to get one at your local junkyard, making sure the computer has remained dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
          The lifetime warranty on the seatbelts MIGHT work but i doubt it, its more for the belts themselves not the motor/track

Adding coupe manual seatbelts might be easier, they do not have height adjustments which require being welded on. im not 100% sure on how they are attached though as i have never removed the plastic cover around it.
          I was wondering about adding the height adjustable seatbelts to my 92 Coupe. They have the manual non adjustable now. I am going into the dealer tomorrow to see if they will replace my current seatbelts under warranty and want to ask them if they can convert them to the height adjusting kind for a fee if necessary. Is this a possible modification that can be done for these seatbelts?

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
            the warranty with the seat belts will cover your problem OP. call and make a appointment at your local Honda dealer. they will find the problem on visit 1 and fix on visit 2 .

whats this about the lifetime warranty on seat belts?

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Daniel View Post
              With auto seat belts there's a sensor that makes them retract as well as a motor I'm pretty sure. They replaced my sensor ( free ) and mine work again. The recall, where I live anyways, had to do with the sensor.
              also, where is this sensor your talkin about and how u get it for free?

Comment

Originally posted by CB7tRuNdLePuFf View Post
                whats this about the lifetime warranty on seat belts?
                If the belt doesn't retract like its supposed to, they fix it for free.

Why should they fix the motor for free? It's not a safety issue if the belt is stuck in the upright position. That's like saying they should fix your power window motor for free if it breaks.

Oh and if your belt is stuck in the down position, there is a way to crank it back up.
                Originally posted by chessboxer
                We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
                Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Originally posted by PointBlank View Post
                  If the belt doesn't retract like its supposed to, they fix it for free.

Why should they fix the motor for free? It's not a safety issue if the belt is stuck in the upright position. That's like saying they should fix your power window motor for free if it breaks.

Oh and if your belt is stuck in the down position, there is a way to crank it back up.
                  na ur right about the window motor i didnt expect them to replace that for free. just never hear of a seat belt lifetime warranty.

do you know how to crank it back up without just forcing it?

Comment

Originally posted by CB7tRuNdLePuFf View Post
                    na ur right about the window motor i didnt expect them to replace that for free. just never hear of a seat belt lifetime warranty.

do you know how to crank it back up without just forcing it?
                    anyone? need help manually cranking the auto seat belt to the back position?

Comment

just grab the latch and pull back is hard but not impossible

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
                      Originally posted by keepinitclean
                      I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

The auto belts are better, easier. I think anyway. You never have to think about putting yoy seatbelt on . The only problem is that you cant fit a center console withe the arm rest. The belt roller gets in the way.

"Good judgement comes from experience,
                        alot of that comes from bad judgment"

Comment

^ I prefer the auto seatbelt too.... becuz I'm too lazy at buckle up most of the time.
                          Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

Originally posted by degenerate1991 View Post
                            I had the same problem in my '91, passenger seatbelt seldom worked. I replaced the "seatbelt warning control", i.e. the computer, located under the passenger seat, and the problem was solved. Apparently the current from ther motors has a habit of frying these computers. Best to get one at your local junkyard, making sure the computer has remained dry.
                            i think i need to do the same thing cause im having the same problem. could you tell me where i can find the seatbelt warning control computer? i know under the seat but any more details about where under the seat?

Comment

helpfull

i almost gave up
                              and finally found this thread
                              i have my driver side seat belt not wanting to retract
                              passenger works fin but driver wont go to rear position just annoying hearing tha beeping and haveing it forward when i am driving plus had a few dirty looks from a cop other day, didnt get pulled over tho, lucky i guess but need it fixed asap,

so to sum up what ive rear so far is that honda will not warrentie the auto seat belts, and if i jump my seat motor and it works the replace my computer under the passenger seat

correct?

Comment

lots of good info as my passenger seatbelt also is acting up good thing atl pull a parts have lots of 90-93 accords

Comment

Working...
                                X