Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headlight flickers off then on when driving

What could be the cause of this?

Headlights turn on easily but out of the blue going to Point B they might turn off and come back on again.

Could be fuse , relay or short in the system.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I had this problem in my old civic hatchback. The contacts inside the combination lamp switch assembly were worn out. In my situation the assembly was actually getting hot, and had that "hot electronic" smell to it. When they randomly shut off, try jiggling the switch around a little and see if they come back on. My guess is gonna be on the switch, but check for yourself before you go buy one. Got mine off ebay for pretty cheap.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Konigstiger View Post
        Could be fuse , relay or short in the system.
        Fuse good, relay should be good if headlights are actually turning on? Maybe short? Is headlights grounded to somewhere?

Originally posted by wherm View Post
        I had this problem in my old civic hatchback. The contacts inside the combination lamp switch assembly were worn out. In my situation the assembly was actually getting hot, and had that "hot electronic" smell to it. When they randomly shut off, try jiggling the switch around a little and see if they come back on. My guess is gonna be on the switch, but check for yourself before you go buy one. Got mine off ebay for pretty cheap.
        I actually had to do that to get the headlights back on if they dont come on. I was thinkin about the switch. Looks like Im going to replace that then.

Thanks

Comment

i like to clean the plugs in the wiring harness [the white crap] then put dielectric grease in the plug

Comment

Working...
          X