This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any Muslims on the board?

Anyone who is a Muslim, I have some questions about the religion of Islam. I'd like to start a discussion about your beliefs. There is a TON of negative press in the news these days and I want to learn more about the religion itself.

Anyone interested?
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

im not muslim, but if they were allowed to drink i think id become one lol i know more about the islam than the average person but im not even close to what actual muslims know.
    They are a very disciplined and strict religion

what do u want to know? mayb i can help
    1992 Honda Accord Lx
    [/I][/I][/I]

Comment

I am, but I'll be honest, I've been falling behind on my prayers lately.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
      -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Originally posted by ibr_adam09 View Post
        I am, but I'll be honest, I've been falling behind on my prayers lately.
        isn't Blizzard muslim ?

from what I know there are 2 sects of Islam, Sunni and Shia

and that is really all I know
        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

im not, but my best friend of 15 years is. we talk all the time, obviously, and when religion comes up, everything he says makes sense. a lot of the time, itll be him answering a curiosity i have.

i am not a religious person at all. not necessarily anti, but not pro anything.

but i gotta say, if i was to ever follow a faith, the first thing i would do it pick up an english translation of the quran.

Comment

I'm a muslim, and yes blizzard is a muslim

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
              isn't Blizzard muslim ?

from what I know there are 2 sects of Islam, Sunni and Shia

and that is really all I know
              There's several splits in Islam, similar to Christianity; Catholics and Protestants. There are Sunnis, Shia's and a few more in a smaller percentage. Sunni's is most common around the world, about 80- 90ish percent of all Muslims.

The differences start at who was the successor after prophet Muhammad death; however, all Muslims have the same common beliefs.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
              -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Hey Matt, what would you like to know?

Deev knows quite a lot, too.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                Honda Accord Euro-R
                Honda Odyssey Absolute
                Honda City I-DSi
                Honda Stream

Comment

Well, honestly, I want to talk about extremists. I'd venture to say at least 80% of non-muslims in the US alone view Islam as a threat. The same 80% also don't know jack about the religion and lump all of Islam in with what they see in the news.

There's an email which was posted on another site which really went bad quickly. I'd like to post it now. I'd like to know if the mentioned Islamic views are true or not. I'm pretty sure that this email is at least 90% propaganda and/or ignorant nonsense. Mainly, I want to get an idea of why it's wrong. Here's the email:

** I don't mean to be disrespectful to the religion of Islam if this email is, in fact, disrespectful.

he Uncomfortable Definition of an Infidel....

Allah or Jesus Christ? Islam is thefastest growing religion in the UK ...

Last month I attended my annual training session formaintaining my security clearance in the prison service.
                  There was a presentation by three speakers from the Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim faiths, who explained their beliefs.

I was particularly interested in what the Islamic Imam had to say about the basics of Islam, complete with video.

After the presentations, question time. I directed my question to the Imam and asked:'Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that most Imams andclerics of Islam have declared a Holy War against theinfidels of the world and, that by killing an infidel, (which is acommand to all Muslims) they are
                  assured of a place in heaven. If that's the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?'

There was no disagreement with my statement and, without hesitation,he replied, 'Non-believers!'

I responded, 'So, let me make sure I have this straight. All followersof Allah
                  have been commanded to kill everyone who is not a follower of Allah, so they can have a place in heaven. Is that correct?'

The expression on his face changed from one of authority to that of 'a little boy who had just been caught with his hand in the biscuit tin.'

He sheepishly replied, 'Yes.'

I then stated, 'Well, I have a real problem trying to imagine PopeBenedict commanding all Catholics to kill Muslims, or the Archbishop of Canterbury ordering all Protestants to do the same in order to guarantee them aplace in heaven!'

The Imam was speechless!

I continued, 'I also have a problem with being your 'friend' when youand your brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me! Let meask you a question. Would you rather have your Allah, who tells you tokill me in order for you to go to heaven, or my Jesus who tells me to loveyou because He will take me to heaven and He wants you to be there with me?'

You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam remained speechless.

Needless to say, the organizers of the Diversification'seminar were not happy with this way of exposing the truth about the Muslims' beliefs.

Within twenty years, ie. 2029, there will be enough Muslim voters in the U.K. toelect a government of their choice, complete with Sharia law

Everyone in the U.K. should be required to read this, but withthe current political paralysis, tolerant justice system, liberal media and p.c.madness, there is no way this will be widely publicized.

Please pass this on to all your e-mail contacts.

John Harrison MBE. MIDSc
                  My Car

Comment

the bible also has many parts where it contradicts itself or makes pointless commands like "all women who have sex outside marriage should be killed"
                    the ones that stick to the religion are not secretly planning to kill everyone that isnt muslim.
                    1992 Honda Accord Lx
                    [/I][/I][/I]

Comment

I thought that the view of "kill anyone who doesn't believe" was just the extremists view and not the views of the majority of muslims?

Comment

no, like i said, only the extremists abide by that. Regular muslims dont go killing everyone who isnt muslim
                        1992 Honda Accord Lx
                        [/I][/I][/I]

Comment

born into a muslim family, never got into it though but i know good deal of knowledge about islam

First of all, the word allah means god in arabic. Arab christans say the word allah in reference to god, so it isnt a name of a god. The same god thats in Christianity and Judaism.
                          Last edited by sackingz123; 04-11-2010, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by P3dr0 View Post
                            no, like i said, only the extremists abide by that. Regular muslims dont go killing everyone who isnt muslim
                            Why? What in the Qur'an keeps that from happening?
                            My Car

Comment

because they choose to, they get obssesed and become fanatics. Those are everywhere and various religions have them. One of the most recent cases are the Hutaree (google it) which were a group of christian fanatics who had started to form their own militia in order to go to war with the united states.

There will always b there people who take things to a extreme. Trust me i know a couple of muslims and i used to work with a senior muslim and he wasnt treatening at all he was a born muslim and i got along with him really good even though i have a cross tattooed on my arm, a pagan sun on my forearm and ''God is within" in latin on my chest lol if he was after infidels, he would have killed me on the spot.
                              1992 Honda Accord Lx
                              [/I][/I][/I]

Comment

Working...
                              X