CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > 4th Gen-eral > Other Automotive > Other Automotive Members Rides

Old 02-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #1
Ralphie
Stalker

Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Ralphie : 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5s

Miles:

ENGINE:
  • QR25DE

EXTERIOR:
  • Mudflaps
  • Pinstripping
  • Fog lights

INTERIOR:
  • Stock

ICE:
  • Pioneer FH-X700BT

SECURITY:

SUSPENSION:
  • Stock

SHOES:
  • Stock 16 steelies!

Future:
Oooh this is my fav part of the list!
  • Not sure yet.....

Last edited by dj_ender; 08-28-2015 at 11:37 PM.
Ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:57 PM   #2
Ralphie
Stalker

Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Well sold the 02 Accord and picked up this. So far not disappointed. MPG is astounding. Get about 515 miles per tank on average driving, more if I conserve.

Sorry for the shit pic lol, but here in NJ it has been snowing for a month , so until it stops, that's the best I can do.

She rides good, I'm digging the smart key. Still getting used to push-to-start.

Overall, pretty solid car.

Figured I would just throw this up.

It will be a DD and hauler for my new baby girl due in March, so obv not a lot of modding. Just foglights and maybe LED's in the cabin.

Stay tuned!
Old 02-15-2014, 10:07 PM   #3
fatboy1185
Big Cat

fatboy1185 seems to have made some friends! fatboy1185 seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via MSN to fatboy1185
4 cylinder, automatic?
fatboy1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:14 AM   #4
Ralphie
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy1185 View Post
4 cylinder, automatic?
Yea, it's the x-tronic CVT, but that's just a fancy automatic haha.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:06 AM   #5
HenRoc
Black Thunder

HenRoc seems to have made some friends! HenRoc seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to HenRoc
Not bad man. My parents own a 10 model and a Frontier to boot. I'm the only one in the family that is a die hard Honda guy lol.

Just a word of advice. Those CVT transmissions don't last too long. The transmission on my mothers '08 shit the bed at 80k they got it fixed but ended up trading for an 11 model a couple years later
1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video
HenRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:27 AM   #6
Ralphie
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenRoc View Post
Not bad man. My parents own a 10 model and a Frontier to boot. I'm the only one in the family that is a die hard Honda guy lol.

Just a word of advice. Those CVT transmissions don't last too long. The transmission on my mothers '08 shit the bed at 80k they got it fixed but ended up trading for an 11 model a couple years later
Thanks man!

80k eh?

Seem's like I am attracted to vehicles that have tranny problems. I don't recall seeing anything about it as bad compared to the 6th gen accords, but ill keep it in mind.

I see that there are warnings all over the place to use only CVT fluid.

I am planning to push this car into the 6 figures for mileage, because Im hoping that by the time I need to get something new, I can afford to get something I really want that's really nice, most likely Acura.

With 18k, I have a while to go lol.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:22 PM   #7
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful
How do you find it in the snow? I know two people with Altimas and each said they were scary in the white stuff. My aunt ended up trading hers in for a Jeep and my friend invested in a set of Blizzaks. The Blizzaks were a night and day improvement though.
AccordWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:38 PM   #8
Ralphie
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordWarrior View Post
How do you find it in the snow? I know two people with Altimas and each said they were scary in the white stuff. My aunt ended up trading hers in for a Jeep and my friend invested in a set of Blizzaks. The Blizzaks were a night and day improvement though.
Actually thought it drove quite well the two times I drove it.

It isn't the Crv.

Im quite inexperienced with snow driving since most of my driving was in the South, but compared to the 02 Accord, it seems better.

I had a friend who traded in his 4th gen altima for a 2011 Maxima because he didn't like the way it handled in the snow.

All I can say, is I drove it to work the other day and nothing was plowed. Roads were a disaster, and I didn't come close to losing traction. Obv a coupe of times on acc from a stop, it did, but that is every car.

Felt solid and safe to me.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:12 PM   #9
Clean_4th gen
CB7tuner Member

Clean_4th gen is cool... so far.
Nice pickup there. I've heard those 2.5's are great on gas. I would love one if I can find it in manual.

Not to scare you but those CVTs are notorious for failing, not just the Altima. I own a Versa myself and I've heard of a few of those failing in the Versa as well. I thank God mine is manual.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:36 PM   #10
Ralphie
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
Nice pickup there. I've heard those 2.5's are great on gas. I would love one if I can find it in manual.

Not to scare you but those CVTs are notorious for failing, not just the Altima. I own a Versa myself and I've heard of a few of those failing in the Versa as well. I thank God mine is manual.
Yea man.

Im averaging about 26mpg right now.

Easily get 460 miles to a tank, as much as 515.

Well I think the warranty is like 100k or 10 years...

I thought that's what I read.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:19 AM   #11
Ralphie
Stalker

Found out the car is pre wired for foglights. Fuse is there and harness is ran all the way down to the fog mount locations.

As soon as I sell some shit on ebay, I'll be picking up some fogs.

YAY!
Old 03-17-2014, 04:50 PM   #12
Ralphie
Stalker

Foglights came in with new combo stalk.

Still can't get over how easy these will be to install.

The cars prewired, so all I have to do is install one screw for each fog and then plug them in. Then install the stalk which activates the fogs through the computer.

Done haha.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:59 PM   #13
Jking72
CB7tuner Member

Jking72 is cool... so far.
That's sick, pre-wired. I hope the civic is that easy lol.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:05 PM   #14
Clean_4th gen
CB7tuner Member

Yeah thats super easy. You were lucky, my Versa wasnt as easy(not pre-wired).
Old 03-17-2014, 11:13 PM   #15
Ralphie
Stalker

Ya I figured it wouldn't be prewired because a lot of other people online said their 2.5s were not, but sure enough, I lucked out.

Nissan wanted like $600 for the install.

Six Hundred and zero cents.

I got an OEM kit with OEM stalk with h11 bulbs for $65.

All I have to do is take a half hour and screw them in place and plug them in.

Six Hundred.

Just distasteful.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:37 PM   #16
AAPOQ
Procrastinator

AAPOQ seems to have made some friends! AAPOQ seems to have made some friends!
Nice pick up, man.
It's always nice to get a newer ride

$600 is insane btw. I'd laugh in their face if they told that much
AAPOQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:05 PM   #17
Ralphie
Stalker

Well fogs are in.

Was the easiest mod I have ever done.

Screwed the fogs in, plugged in the exisiting harness, and then installed the new stalk behind steering wheel. Preso, instafogs

LOL.

Here's some pictures-

Old 03-19-2014, 10:24 PM   #18
Clean_4th gen
CB7tuner Member

Yeah, $600 for fogs is crazy. My suspension was less than that. Lol Love how it looks after installing the fogs. Any other plans for it?
Old 03-20-2014, 12:42 AM   #19
Ralphie
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
Yeah, $600 for fogs is crazy. My suspension was less than that. Lol Love how it looks after installing the fogs. Any other plans for it?
Thanks dude. Nah, just my dd. Might do LEDs in the interior but that'd be it.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:22 PM   #20
PUMASTi
Contributing Member

PUMASTi is cool... so far.
Congrats.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: