• Time
  • Show
Clear All

watch it with the preboxed garbage crack, i got one of those

got a Dell Inspiron 660 purchased from Micro Center in Yonkers,NY

Windows 7 OS

2 internal DVD burners and an external dvd burner

cable modem with a netgear router for my stepson's Xbox 360 w/ Xbox live

looking for a good program to backup my store bought dvd's so my neices can play them to death and not worry about having to buy a new one each time they mess up the disc

no pics yet
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
      It's OK to be jealous.

Mid 90's glory!

Size and Weight - Compaq Contura Aero 4/33c 7.5 x 10.25 x 1.70 inch 4.2 lb

Processor - Contura Aero 4/33c Model 170 and Model 250 Intel 33-MHz 486SX with 8 KB cache, and power-saving features

Display/Graphics - 7.8-inch Compaq backlit, color, passive matrix VGA display

Memory - 4 MB of system memory (80ns), expandable to 20 MB1

Hard Drives and Storage - Contura Aero 4/33c Model 250 250 MB

Power Management - Standby up to 168 hours (seven days) with Instant-On, Fail Safe Hibernation, three preset and one custom level of power conservation

Preinstalled Software - MS-DOS 6, MS-Windows 3.1, WinLink Transfer Utility with cable, Lotus Organizer, TabWorks, On-Line Documentation, additional software varies according to model

Pointing Device - Integrated Compaq EasyPoint matte trackball located on lower right hand side of the unit just below the keyboard

Keyboard - Touch-typist, 76-key keyboard with isolated inverted "T" cursor controls and special feature hotkeys

Audio - Integrated speaker

Yessssssssssssssssssss
      The CB7 Collector.
      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
      92 LX Coupe F22A1
      2013 Toyota Corolla S
      92 EX Sedan F22A1
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

I upgraded my Graphics card and changed to the Corsair 540 Cube case ...

Before ...

After ...

looks so much cleaner in the new case with the hidden PSU and extra cable management. Looks like a nice wire tucked engine bay lol.

Comment

Holy Shiznit Batman ^

damn nice set up.
          MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
          1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Jking72 View Post
            Holy Shiznit Batman ^

damn nice set up.
            Thanks .... Next step will be a Corsair H110 liquid cooling system.

Comment

I'll play too

The CB7 Collector.
              92 LX Coupe F22A1
              2013 Toyota Corolla S
              92 EX Sedan F22A1
              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
                I'll play too

nice looking build

Comment

Originally posted by trickedaccord92 View Post
                  nice looking build
                  It does the job for now, I need to get an MSATA drive for mine being that it has one on the board. Like 512GB or so.

It's still not quite where I want it yet, but it's a step in the right direction. Not bad for 700$
                  The CB7 Collector.
                  92 LX Coupe F22A1
                  2013 Toyota Corolla S
                  92 EX Sedan F22A1

Comment

It does the job for now, I need to get an MSATA drive for mine being that it has one on the board. Like 512GB or so.

It's still not quite where I want it yet, but it's a step in the right direction. Not bad for 700$
                    You can tell it is a budget build by the video card and heat sink but at the same time it looks to be well thought out and executed. Your cable management also isn't bad aside from the bottom where the PSU is but that is near impossible to clean up with out a modular PSU and/or some fabrication of a mod to cover them.

It is definitely a solid platform to build on.

Comment

Originally posted by trickedaccord92 View Post
                      You can tell it is a budget build by the video card and heat sink but at the same time it looks to be well thought out and executed. Your cable management also isn't bad aside from the bottom where the PSU is but that is near impossible to clean up with out a modular PSU and/or some fabrication of a mod to cover them.

It is definitely a solid platform to build on.
                      It took me 3 weeks to figure out what I wanted. Thanks to the wife, mentioning I should look around Tiger Direct, I ended up spending less money actually. And the cables that was pretty easy to overcome, the bottom was just plain impossible to get clean at least without zip ties lol. Strangely this build is far off from what I had originally. Not only that I get what I need and then upgrade later as it is nicer to the wallet in the long run!
                      The CB7 Collector.
                      92 LX Coupe F22A1
                      2013 Toyota Corolla S
                      92 EX Sedan F22A1

Comment

It took me 3 weeks to figure out what I wanted. Thanks to the wife, mentioning I should look around Tiger Direct, I ended up spending less money actually. And the cables that was pretty easy to overcome, the bottom was just plain impossible to get clean at least without zip ties lol. Strangely this build is far off from what I had originally. Not only that I get what I need and then upgrade later as it is nicer to the wallet in the long run!
                        That is what I have been doing also. I started with a nice build but not exactly what I wanted. Then over the past couple of years I have slowly been adding to it.

Newegg and Tiger are great places to shop and build a nice PC for less than what others sell for.

Comment

I need to take a picture of my overall setup when my desk isn't buried under a stack of papers and other misc stuff. I'll do that later, but anyways here is my rig (just over 2 years old now):

Act 1 -Initial Case Build Out
                          Act 2 - Installing of Internals
                          Act 3 - Air Cooled Beast

Some videos I captured while playing the games on the same machine, as this thing is beastly!

Case: Thermaltake Armor A60 w/ 7x Aerocool Shark's High Air Pressure (70+ CFM at 28db; 4x intake, 3x exhaust)
                          Motherboard: Gigabyte X58-UD7 ver 2.0
                          CPU: i7 980x 3.3ghz Hex core (Tested up to 4.2ghz stable on air w/hyperthreading enabled)
                          RAM: 24GB (6x4GB) Kingston 1600mhz DDR3 @ 1333mhz (6 Slots is hard on the cpu's imc, just to run at 1333 mhz I had to up the imc voltage to 1.25, if I wanted to run it at 1600, I would have to bump it up to 1.40.
                          Power Supply: Antec High Current Pro 1200 watt
                          Graphics: 2x GTX 580's in SLI
                          HD: 256GB Crucial SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200rpm, 3x Seagate 2TB in RAID5; Seagate 500gb in the Quick Slot (at the moment), 750gb (laptop) by USB 2.0 as my only eSata cable is in use on my Seagate 3TB.
                          CD/DVD: CD-R/RW / DVD-+R/RW
                          Monitor: Asus 24" LED 1080P monitor & 17" 1280x1024 Hyundai LCD
                          Keyboard: Microsoft Natural Pro (circa 2001) beige, the only buttons that don't work are the volume down and mute button (thanks wifey for spilling something in it).
                          Mouse: Logitech G400

It had been 10 years since I last built a desktop, been living off a laptop since 04 ish till I built this. That was a time of beige computer cases, and no windows, led fans, cold cathodes, watercooling, etc.

My last uber rig:
                          Case: Inwin Beige Mid tower
                          ASUS CUV-4x
                          150 watt no-name power supply (this is the 3rd one its on)
                          PIII 750@ 867mhz
                          768MB of PC-100 DIMM's
                          Most notable video card was a Geforce Ti 4600($400)
                          10/100 Ethernet Card PCI
                          56k ISA Modem ($80)
                          10GB Primary Hard drive, 27.3GB storage drive (replaced with a 120GB)
                          Sound Blast Live! PCI w/ Expansion Slot add-on board (It was like $300 back then)
                          CD Burner: Plextor 12/10/32x w/ Burn Proof ($300, one of the very first, if not the first cd burners that got rid of "coasters" and "Frisbee's")
                          Last edited by cloudasc; 04-04-2014, 02:18 AM.
                          PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                            I need to take a picture of my overall setup when my desk isn't buried under a stack of papers and other misc stuff. I'll do that later, but anyways here is my rig (just over 2 years old now):

Act 1 -Initial Case Build Out
                            Act 2 - Installing of Internals
                            Act 3 - Air Cooled Beast

Some videos I captured while playing the games on the same machine, as this thing is beastly!

Case: Thermaltake Armor A60 w/ 7x Aerocool Shark's High Air Pressure (70+ CFM at 28db; 4x intake, 3x exhaust)
                            Motherboard: Gigabyte X58-UD7 ver 2.0
                            CPU: i7 980x 3.3ghz Hex core (Tested up to 4.2ghz stable on air w/hyperthreading enabled)
                            RAM: 24GB (6x4GB) Kingston 1600mhz DDR3 @ 1333mhz (6 Slots is hard on the cpu's imc, just to run at 1333 mhz I had to up the imc voltage to 1.25, if I wanted to run it at 1600, I would have to bump it up to 1.40.
                            Power Supply: Antec High Current Pro 1200 watt
                            Graphics: 2x GTX 580's in SLI
                            HD: 256GB Crucial SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200rpm, 3x Seagate 2TB in RAID5; Seagate 500gb in the Quick Slot (at the moment), 750gb (laptop) by USB 2.0 as my only eSata cable is in use on my Seagate 3TB.
                            CD/DVD: CD-R/RW / DVD-+R/RW
                            Monitor: Asus 24" LED 1080P monitor & 17" 1280x1024 Hyundai LCD
                            Keyboard: Microsoft Natural Pro (circa 2001) beige, the only buttons that don't work are the volume down and mute button (thanks wifey for spilling something in it).
                            Mouse: Logitech G400

It had been 10 years since I last built a desktop, been living off a laptop since 04 ish till I built this. That was a time of beige computer cases, and no windows, led fans, cold cathodes, watercooling, etc.

My last uber rig:
                            Case: Inwin Beige Mid tower
                            ASUS CUV-4x
                            150 watt no-name power supply (this is the 3rd one its on)
                            PIII 750@ 867mhz
                            768MB of PC-100 DIMM's
                            Most notable video card was a Geforce Ti 4600($400)
                            10/100 Ethernet Card PCI
                            56k ISA Modem ($80)
                            10GB Primary Hard drive, 27.3GB storage drive (replaced with a 120GB)
                            Sound Blast Live! PCI w/ Expansion Slot add-on board (It was like $300 back then)
                            CD Burner: Plextor 12/10/32x w/ Burn Proof ($300, one of the very first, if not the first cd burners that got rid of "coasters" and "Frisbee's")
                            Awesome build and vids!

Comment

Update to my Rig

Update to my Rig: What started as 1 ended up as 5

The Beast (Red on initially pictured)

i7 4790K @ 4.8GHz
                              MSI Z87-GD65
                              Kingston HyperX DDR3 @ 2400Mhz 16GB
                              Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD
                              6 other HDD's 1 3TB 1 2TB and 4 1TB
                              MSI GTX 970
                              MSI GTX 760

Wife's Beast

i7 4790K @ 4.7 Ghz
                              Asus Z97-AR
                              Kingston Hyper Blu DDR3 @ 1833 Mhz 16GB
                              Kingston Hyper X 120GB SSD
                              1 TB and 250 GB HDD
                              Asus GTX 770

My Baby Beast

i5 4670K @ 4.4GHz
                              MSI Z97-GD45
                              GSkill Ripjaws @ 1833 Mhz 8 GB
                              Seagate 500GB HDD
                              MSI GTX 760

AMD Build (Stream Box)

Asus Sabertooth 990FX R 2.0
                              AMD 8350 @ 4.4Ghz
                              Corsair Vengance @ 2400Mhz 8GB
                              OCZ SSD 60GB
                              2 Extra HDDs for storage
                              Asus GTX 750Ti

AMD Build 2 (Minecraft Server)

MSI 970A-G46
                              AMD 8320 @ 4.0Ghz
                              Gskill Ripjaws @ 1600MHZ 8GB
                              GeForce 8500GT (There was two GTX 460's [BIOS hacked Quadro 4000M] but PSU issues arose)
                              500 GB HDD
                              750 GB HDD
                              250 GB HDD

The CB7 Collector.
                              92 LX Coupe F22A1
                              2013 Toyota Corolla S
                              92 EX Sedan F22A1

Comment

Hows that RAM running? I'm curious because the i7's on board memory controller tops out at 1600mhz.
                                Originally posted by Mishakol129
                                Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Working...
                                X