No announcement yet.

Girl & Limited clothing discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a valid discussion. Unfortunately, most of it is clouded by individual perspective.

LadyG is arguing for a woman's right to choose how she displays her own body, and Raf99 is arguing that some overtly sexual displays make him feel uncomfortable. Both are arguing from their own perspective, and both have very valid points... but the two don't directly intersect as opposing arguments.

Your own perspective is valid as well. "Don't look" is a great way to think of it... but for some, the discomfort exists. Whether or not they intentionally look, it is seen... and once it is seen, there's either an uncomfortable effort required to "not look", or the uncomfortable situation where you DO look, and you feel ashamed and guilty for doing so.

I don't think it's an incredibly big deal. The discussion has remained primarily on point. I don't think this issue is anything more than that... a discussion. I don't think that Raf99 is hiding away in his home for fear that he might see boobies in the scary outside world!
    We're not starting a movement, here. Just discussing.

Comment

This is a really nice discussion. It's refreshing to see people on the internet have a decent conversation about such a sexually charged topic. Oh, to add my subjective opinion. I look, I evaluate, and I keep it moving. I don't know the girl/lady so I can't make any other judgement on her personality. She is mentally compared to my own reference for how a woman should look and then either approved or disapproved. No need to go further than that. I think I said that earlier, oh well.

Control, seems to be a big issue here. From the external control of what women wear to the internal control of men acting on their thoughts or being offended. From there, it just turns into a persuasive argument based on opinions.

So I'm going to bring another perspective into play here...the biological perspective, going back to our roots, caveman style. Let's take culture, our learned mentalities about the female/male body throw all that wonderful stuff into a Prius and chuck it off a cliff.

A man in this situation would be very picky about his mate. She would have to display the absolute best characteristics for bearing a child to continue the gene pool... mainly youthfulness and beauty(appearance). A woman would do the same as the man would have to be able to hunt, protect and care for the woman and child...typically those traits are strength and power, intelligence, appearance(as in well-built and healthy), etc.

So let's fast forward to the 21st Century. Our genetic makeup has changed 0.000x% in that time frame, essentially ain't shit changed about us...except norms, values, societal things, etc. Now the same things that held true back then, still hold true today. You can blame your ancestors for looking and instincts for those "biologically based impulse feelings" . You can blame the man-made rules your were taught/learned/conditioned for feeling uncomfortable in those situations.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

So I was looking up brake calipers and came across this

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/09...ing-women.html

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
        X