Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

6speed trans on f22??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6speed trans on f22??

hi i was wondering; i read a tread on hondaaccordforum that said a tsx or rsx 6speed trans would b able to bolt on a f22. true or false?? if its true would it give any type of gain?? shifting would be off?? itll be pretty koo 2 kave a f22 6speed uniqueness
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=138029 <-mrt

diy whore riiittteeee here
    [URL="http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=2208455"]
    http://www.b20vtec.com/forums/members/pr3pg4lyfe.html

they're probably speaking of mating the k-series 6speed to an f22c or f20c in a fwd configuration. not an f22a which has nothing in common with an f22c

My Members Ride Thread
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

I don't know about a K-series transmission on a H22. (There are no H2K transmission kits....)

If you have the $$$ and were on a special race team, you could do something similar to the Japanese Touring accords. The famous Jaccs accord utilizes a H22a engine with a reverse head. This special engine is also mated to a 6-speed tiptronic transmission. I imagine since it's a H-motor... it may be possible that with enough work to the F22,if it's possible the head can be reversed the same way, it may fit the special 6-speed transmission. But besides reversing the head to fit that particular tiptronic transmission, a regular plate adapter may be possible to utilize a k transmission or possibly another cars transmission for instance a "corolla" etc. It's been done where cross platforms use different transmissions to create a different kind of beast too.

There was a project IS300 with a GS400 engine swapped into it that had a special transmission adapter built just for the transplant. Also look at the homemade skyline with the M45 V8 engine swap. If you have the $$$ you can build wonders and have a special transmission and or car tailored to your liking.
      Last edited by Kurobei; 05-29-2009, 04:38 PM.
      I need a custom turbo manifold built....
      707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
      "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
      '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei View Post
        I don't know about a K-series transmission on a H22. (There are no H2K transmission kits....)

If you have the $$$ and were on a special race team, you could do something similar to the Japanese Touring accords. The famous Jaccs accord utilizes a H22a engine with a reverse head. This special engine is also mated to a 6-speed tiptronic transmission. I imagine since it's a H-motor... it may be possible that with enough work to the F22,if it's possible the head can be reversed the same way, it may fit the special 6-speed transmission. But besides reversing the head to fit that particular tiptronic transmission, a regular plate adapter may be possible to utilize a k transmission or possibly another cars transmission for instance a "corolla" etc. It's been done where cross platforms use different transmissions to create a different kind of beast too.

There was a project IS300 with a GS400 engine swapped into it that had a special transmission adapter built just for the transplant. Also look at the homemade skyline with the M45 V8 engine swap. If you have the $$$ you can build wonders and have a special transmission and or car tailored to your liking.

So that being said....

Is it feasable with an H swap?

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
        Traded with: Cb7xChun
        Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
        Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
        My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by darkfusion42 View Post
          So that being said....

H-swap and hookups to touring racing teams yes. Not alot of people reverse their H22 heads on otherwise stock blocks.... The Japanese touring teams created a 6-speed tiptronic transmission just for racing. I mean shit, that would be kick ass to have a racing tiptronic transmission with 6 quick shifting gears. Imagine how fun that would be on the street? Here is a video of the Accord Monster.

There is alot to modify if a regular person wanted to "reverse their head" on their block......it's not as easy as flipping the valve cover the other way.

I just wanted to point out that a 6-speed is possible on a H22 motor and since stockwise transmissions can be interchanged between F and H motors, I imagine a 6-speed will be highly possible on a F22 motor... i mean comon' why not?

I just think that $$$ wise it won't be worth it unless your someone like Bisimoto and have the funds or will power to even fuck with a F22 motor in that territory. Thats why i mentioned the possibility of a adapter plate similar to the H2B (probably cheaper than reversing the head), but then again finding a oem 6-speed that will adapt to a older engine might be quite a challenge. If a H2K adapter is possible, there would be a kit most likely for civics and integras before accords and preludes.....and I don't hear talk of one so it may not be possible or it's just too much $$$ for the average import enthusiast to afford unlike the $800-$1000 H2B H2D kits.
          Last edited by Kurobei; 05-29-2009, 05:31 PM.
          707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
          '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

do they have mounts for a k swap in a cb7?

Comment

Originally posted by kantkillkeenan View Post
              do they have mounts for a k swap in a cb7?
              yes hasport
              miss my turbo cb7
              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

sick video!

Comment

koo yea anything is possible if you have the money so it probly can be done

as 4 the video i cant see it send me the link
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=138029 <-mrt

diy whore riiittteeee here
                  [URL="http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=2208455"]
                  http://www.b20vtec.com/forums/members/pr3pg4lyfe.html

Comment

why would u want 6 speeds on a f22a though?

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
                      why would u want 6 speeds on a f22a though?
                      b/c gas is like $5 a gallon and 32mpg just doesn't cut it anymore lamo

Comment

Reverse H22 pictures...

The Apexi Drag integra uses a Xtrac transmission and I believe the Jaccs accord does too or something similar to this unit.

http://www.xtrac.com/pdfs/406%20Fron...ring%20Car.pdf

I'm scared to see a price on it...but yeah if u wanna go 6-speed here yah go until someone comes up with a adapter plate to mate a different 6-speed tranny to the F-block.
                        707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                        '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by darkfusion42 View Post
                          So that being said....

no it is not, the k series spins the opposite direction and the h/f series
                          MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

I'm shocked nobody has jumped on the idea presented above...

Since the K series spins the other way, like the F20C... A K series 6 speed could presumably be adapted to run the F20C in a FWD car. 6 speeds, and a 240hp 2.0L engine. Granted, you're looking at enough money to simply buy an S2000...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                              I'm shocked nobody has jumped on the idea presented above...

Since the K series spins the other way, like the F20C... A K series 6 speed could presumably be adapted to run the F20C in a FWD car. 6 speeds, and a 240hp 2.0L engine. Granted, you're looking at enough money to simply buy an S2000...
                              it has been done.

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread...light=fwd+f20c

Thats an F20C wit an K tranny and a b series pressure plate or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X