Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody got any ideas on some good pioneer's? I just want something that will be able to handle some bass and will be alittle underpowered without an amp so I wont have to worry about blowing them.

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordf22a6
      He's on a budget, hence the reasoning for looking for "budget" speakers. Alpine is pretty good, but Pioneer's sound just as good IMO. I've heard a system of all Type R Alpine before, it didn't really impress me with the performance vs. price. There's just as good performing/sounding stuff to be had for less.
      TRU U R
      DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by 1990HybridCB7
        So I know that sony's stuff sucks from what your telling me. But how bout thiier HU's, are hey any good cause thats what came with the car when my brother passed it down.
        almost all the headunits that have come from sony lately,they have a decent percentage of problems with the motorized face motors,other than that IMO if sony has to make 15+ versions of a ps2 to read a disc they cant be trusted with audio either.Sony and mtx are turning into the halfstep up from stock or audiovox,lol

Comment

I got 6 1/2 Infinity's all around, love em. And about this budget, if you waited for a little more cash you would be happy in the end with better speakers.

Comment

pioneer brand mid / hi's rock. even better when you get 4 year plan at best buy. blow them and get a new pair free.

SOLD-->10-09-06

MY 2000 PROTEGE

MY OLD CB7

THE SWAP

MY COROLLA TYPE-S

Comment

Originally posted by 1990HybridCB7
              Anybody got any ideas on some good pioneer's? I just want something that will be able to handle some bass and will be alittle underpowered without an amp so I wont have to worry about blowing them.
              depends on what you are looking for...if you have a sub or subs, then you will prolly want some good 3-ways or 4-ways to try and boost the volume of your highs as much as possible. if you dont have subs, though, you might look into getting some 2-ways in the back, and some 3-ways up front. either way, you need to get a small 4ch amp to power them..something like 50wRMSx4
              then just get some like 50-70wRMS pioneer speakers. trust me, you will be completely satisfied, and they will sound great inside and out of the vehicle, and they will have the volume if you ever want to use your car a soundstage to listen to some music at like a tailgate party or something

Comment

but I can't stop staring at your sig mondojackal...

Comment

Originally posted by d2privat11
                  but I can't stop staring at your sig mondojackal...
                  ha, does it make you sick? it made me sick at first..

Comment

Really depends on your personal preference.

Comment

i have some pioneers in the front and rear and they sound awsome
                      i LOVE jdM

Comment

Man, i dont want to be hated, but some peoepl say sony xplodes are good.. i personally think sony makes some not great speakers and subs.. they might make some ok head unit sbut speakers no way.
                        If you are looking into getting speakers there is no doubt about it.. ask anyone.. you are going to want to look into component speakers. The reason being they have an external crossover and that really really helps with sound quailty. what coaxials have are just a resistor(only on the tweeters) and they dont really clean out all the frequencies that well and it doesn't sound as great.. so definately no matter what look into buying component speakers.

now as for brands of speakers, that comes to preference i guess.. but boston acoustics makes some deadly high end speaker.. someone had pro 60's all around earlier in the posts I think , and i agree they are awesome.. but definately if you got cash go to thier z series... oh my god awesome. Some other brands are Diamond Audio, Focal, really high end infinity's are decent, mb quart is awesome.. there are a few more, can't think of them all. But ya definately go for the component set, and forget coaxials. But i guess i should say this too... when your buying speakers, its not really the speakers, but more the quality of the crossovers that they come with. The reason some speakers are way more expensive and might have worse power handling and some worse numbers, its becasue they have the deadliest crossover and so they sound really really clean.(although the speakers themselves do have a factor in it too but I was trying to emphasize the importance of the crossover )..
                        Also you defiantely want to use an amp for your speakers if you can. Running the speakers off your head unit is not that great of power and sound quality. it also puts more strain on your head unit and if you want her to last a long long time.. just get an amp. the money you put into an amp will definately pay for itself in sound quality. haha to be hoenst there is so much to car audio speakers that you really need to liek read some books and info on it, and then pick speakers.. it will REALLY help you out.
                        If someone wants to correct me go ahead.. i know a bit but not everything but i think what i just said was pretty correct
                        Last edited by raththomas; 03-31-2006, 01:43 AM.

Comment

just get an ipod
                          i LOVE jdM

Comment

Originally posted by jTUNEDsedan
                            just get an ipod
                            objection relevance...

Comment

Originally posted by raththomas
                              Man, i dont want to be hated, but some peoepl say sony xplodes are good.. i personally think sony makes some not great speakers and subs.. they might make some ok head unit sbut speakers no way.
                              If you are looking into getting speakers there is no doubt about it.. ask anyone.. you are going to want to look into component speakers. The reason being they have an external crossover and that really really helps with sound quailty. what coaxials have are just a resistor(only on the tweeters) and they dont really clean out all the frequencies that well and it doesn't sound as great.. so definately no matter what look into buying component speakers.

now as for brands of speakers, that comes to preference i guess.. but boston acoustics makes some deadly high end speaker.. someone had pro 60's all around earlier in the posts I think , and i agree they are awesome.. but definately if you got cash go to thier z series... oh my god awesome. Some other brands are Diamond Audio, Focal, really high end infinity's are decent, mb quart is awesome.. there are a few more, can't think of them all. But ya definately go for the component set, and forget coaxials. But i guess i should say this too... when your buying speakers, its not really the speakers, but more the quality of the crossovers that they come with. The reason some speakers are way more expensive and might have worse power handling and some worse numbers, its becasue they have the deadliest crossover and so they sound really really clean.(although the speakers themselves do have a factor in it too but I was trying to emphasize the importance of the crossover )..
                              Also you defiantely want to use an amp for your speakers if you can. Running the speakers off your head unit is not that great of power and sound quality. it also puts more strain on your head unit and if you want her to last a long long time.. just get an amp. the money you put into an amp will definately pay for itself in sound quality. haha to be hoenst there is so much to car audio speakers that you really need to liek read some books and info on it, and then pick speakers.. it will REALLY help you out.
                              If someone wants to correct me go ahead.. i know a bit but not everything but i think what i just said was pretty correct
                              you just forget that you can XO coaxs as well as you can XO comps..what you said about the importance of XO's was valid, to a point..components have a solid cone...for the best SQ possible. the solid cone, sans obstructive tweeter, will allow cleaner sound waves to come from the cone, enhancing SQ

and fully agreed on the amp part..i would even say that a good set of amped coaxs will sound better than comps run off a HU or an underpowered amp..

Comment

You should go with Infinity, i have infinity all around my car with a small amp hooked up to them and the sound is excellent crisp clear and bass is bangin!!! my brother says it sounds better than his bose stereo system thats in his maxima!!!
                                -The New Accord, Does This Mean I Should Change My Member Name? lol

Comment

Working...
                                X