Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Confused about mounts for auto to manual swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused about mounts for auto to manual swap

I have all parts nessesary to do the auto to manual swap. I want to start installing it next weekend. I grabbed the trans, starter, (looks new) driver side axle and middle axle, and the trans mount yesterday off of a 90 Accord DX. I already purchased all of the other nessesary parts needed. I have a 91 Accord LX. would this mount work?? do I still have to move the mount bracket or drill holes in the trans?? I see why some people like to pull the entire engine out to do the trans. it was pretty challenging to get the trans out Im ready to tackle this project before it gets cold.

I am 90% sure you have the right transmission mount. I think there is a mounting plate on the mount that you attach to the transmission. Did you get the shifter and center console and linkage rods? I think thats the tricky part, not that I have tried this but I did read a good tutorial on here somehwere.. Looks like a lot of trouble in the console area.
    AD5OS
    FOLDING@home

Comment

yes I have everything. Down to the bolts! shifter, shifter cables, ecu, clutch master cylinder, resivoir, lines from master cyl to dampiner, dampiner assy, clutch pedal, brake pedal, etc...everything thats needed for the swap i got it! even new clutch! Im just a little worried about the trans mount. I got it off of a 90 DX. Would this work?? do I need to drill holes on the trans to make it work??? Im just want to make this swap as smooth as it can be.

Comment

Motor mount brackets on the chasis are not in the same lacation on auto's as they are on manuals. It's not as simple as just grabbing a manual tranny mount and throwing it on your auto. It won't line up.

I used ESP's auto to manual mount kit. Made it a hell of a lot easier and is well worth it.

EDIT: ESP.NET Mount link (Just in case)
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=80212
        Last edited by Father Time; 10-12-2008, 01:07 PM.
        3 CB's gone....
        1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Ok now I understand! the actual bracket that the trans mount up to is off a bit. so that info about cutting the mount bracket off and re welding it has to be done. Or drilling holes and tapping into the trans has to be done. Is drilling holes and tapping pretty simple. I have drilled and tapped many times before just not on a transmission. Are the areas where we need to drill and tap marked already?? I see the mounts from ESP. they look pretty good. $275 is a bit much but I know you get what you pay for! For those who have done this which route did you go: reweld brackets, drill and tap holes on tranny, or the ESP motor mounts?

Comment

As I have said in my previous post, I chose the ESP mounts (they make them to order) and used an H tranny (no tapping required since the holes are already lined up for the H tranny) You are spending what seems to be a bit for these mounts but you never have to worry about them again.

I also believe that the only F series (90-93 Manual tranny) that can be tapped is from an EX.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.
            3 CB's gone....
            1 WK Overland....

Comment

yeah the H2U5

Comment

hey man, how much money have you spent total so far for parts?

Comment

Originally posted by dwiz View Post
                  hey man, how much money have you spent total so far for parts?
                  Tranny, flywheel, and driver side axle $140

Shifter, shifter cables, clutch and brake pedals, master cylinder, all parts dealing with the clutch, ecu, starter, all bolts needed $40 (got a deal)

New clutch $180.

so far $360 Not bad. I thought I was done but I see I have to get those ESP mounts to make everything squared. there isnt any real solution for this tranny mount situation is there??

Comment

I have read the post about the ESP mounts. It stated if you are doing an auto to manual swap using an F22 trans, you still have to drill and tap holes into the trans cause the mount has the H22 bolt pattern. So to me that doesnt avoid any roadblocks dealing with this mounting situation. Looks like Im going to have to move the mounting bracket over. My question is what is the best way to remove this bracket?? can I use the same auto bracket or do I have to buy another one?? once I remove the auto mounting bracket, how many inches do I have to move it to get the tranny to line up with the bolts??? is there any markings?? Im just about prepared to do what I have to do because its about to get cold outside!!! For all of you guys who has done this please leave feedback and guide me in the right direction on how to solve this mounting issue.

Comment

You mentioned in one of your previous posts that you read a tutorial on this swap. If yo could point me to it i'd appreciate it. i'm in the planning stages of this swap currently. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dmod View Post
                        You mentioned in one of your previous posts that you read a tutorial on this swap. If yo could point me to it i'd appreciate it. i'm in the planning stages of this swap currently. Thanks
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=8873
                        3 CB's gone....
                        1 WK Overland....

Comment

sweet. thanks. now i got a list to go by at the pick an pull. and if neone has done this swap before, are there any overly difficult parts to it?
                          Last edited by Dmod; 10-13-2008, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmod View Post
                            sweet. thanks. now i got a list to go by at the pick an pull. and if neone has done this swap before, are there any overly difficult parts to it?

nah use this one.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=&threadid=588

imo it's more indepth.

Originally posted by plee3 View Post
                            Tranny, flywheel, and driver side axle $140

Shifter, shifter cables, clutch and brake pedals, master cylinder, all parts dealing with the clutch, ecu, starter, all bolts needed $40 (got a deal)

New clutch $180.

so far $360 Not bad. I thought I was done but I see I have to get those ESP mounts to make everything squared. there isnt any real solution for this tranny mount situation is there??

man you've got a pretty good deal there, my swap so far has almost cost me 700 dollars because i decided to get an all new clutch kit with a lighten flywheel plus i went with the ESP mounts but i'm still lacking the driver side axle/ half shaft plus the manual starter.
                            Last edited by Leung; 10-13-2008, 12:54 PM.

Comment

for the F tranny youll need the 5th gen accord/4th gen lude 5spd tranny mount I believe. I used it when I did the AT to MT swap

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                              X