TheNextEpisode : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TheNextEpisode : 1990 Accord LX

This car's never been to a shop, other than for dyno tuning and the welding for the exhaust. Everything else was done in my garage.

Engine:
    - Stocker F22a1 back in
    - DC Sports 4-2-1 header (short review here)
    - Apex’i World Sport II, purchased from timmy0tool
    - 2.5” Carsound/Magnaflow Catalytic Converter

JUST REMOVED
    - JDM H22a, BIG thanks to cp[mike]’s guide
    - M2B4 transmission
    - Retained P/S, A/C, Cruise Control
    - Deltacams 262 grind
    - MRX-Chipped P28
    - 2.5” custom piping
    - 2.5” Flowmaster Hushpower II Resonator
    - 2.5” Borla Glasspack

Exterior:
    - Inifiti J30 dual projector retrofit
    - Sylvania Silverstar bulbs
    - Amber Corner lenses
    - Repainted bumpers
    - All panels color sanded/buffed/waxed
    - DIY grill hack, thanks to kings_blend
    - OEM Foglights, purchased from dealer
    - Garage door front lip, thanks to Chessboxer
    - DIY Angel Eyebrows
    - Repainted trim/mirrors

Interior:
    - Tan 5th gen Accord floormats
    - Alpine CDA-9857
    - Alpine MRP-F250
    - Alpine MRP-M350
    - 4 x Infinity Reference 6012
    - 2 x JL 12w1v2
    - White cold cathode florescent lights (ccfl) in trunk
    - Red LED dash lights, thanks to cp[mike]
    - Polished dashboard buttons, thanks to TypeG
    - Zenesis E502 Alarm
    - Fully functional second generation Acura Legend power seats

Suspension:
    - 17 x 7.5 Drag DR19 w/ Kumho Ecsta SP 205/50-17
    - 16 x 7.5 American Racing Vortex w/ Dunlop Direzza
    - Neuspeed Race Springs
    - KYB AGX shocks
    - Brand new OEM engine mounts
    - No-name front strut bar
    - Front Brembo slotted/cross drilled rotors
    - Ceramic brake pads, purchased from customlowz
    - SPC Ball joint Camber kit

Coming Up:

- 92-93 trunk lid (purchased and painted)
    - Legend Map light (purchased)
    - MPGuino, pointed out by AccordAffair
    - Repaint driver’s side fender
    - Repaint driver’s side quarter panel

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave comments!
    Last edited by TheNextEpisode; 04-19-2010, 02:33 PM.

Clean as fAwK! Everything going good with the H? I like that Sub box you got... Kinda matches the JL's Speakers...
    93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

I'm not a fan of the 90-91 cb's but yours looks hawttttt
      Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

nice Looks tight. i like the choice of wheels u got and how u kept it original with the 90 parts. maybe just a little bit moe drop and that thing will b bangin

Comment

im luvin those wheels you have on there!!! looks very nice! everything seems to flow together quite well!!

paint & body seem to be in excellent condition!!!

keep it up man!!

Sean
          F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
          Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

@ Charliehstle209, haha thanks, i'm trying to keep it as clean as possible. The H is going strong, but not strong enough. I pulled it out the other day with plans of mating it with a M2B4 before I put it back in. That plus Delta cams is currently doing testing on my h22 cams has gotten me pretty excited.

@ GREENCB3, I actually don't really like the 90/91 very much either. Whatever, its what I got, so I'll rep it. Oh but I do want to at least do a 92/93 trunk lid swap, possibly w/ red/clears.

@J'SR@C3R1_818, I'm torn about the drop. I really want it lower but I've scraped my exhaust pipe on so many things recently. LA streets and living on a hill side are messing up my dreams of a slammed car.

@SMseagren83, thanks, that means a lot coming from you. I fretted for 3 months about what kind of wheels to get. I was considering 17" Rota Subzeros for their low weight, but I finally cracked and got the (heavier) rims that I really wanted. I'm still desperately trying to catch up with you and your slick car tho.

Comment

Looks great! Very clean.

Hustle Hard! This is a design of some gear I've been workin on.

Comment

Car looks great man, but you really need to come out to a so cal meet.

Comment

Dude thats one clean ass cb...me likey likes.
                  accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                  ....................My New Baby
                  SOLD TO
                  ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

@ hectic702, cool, I'm glad. That's my goal in the end.

@ Blk EX Coupe, Yessir. I'm looking forward to it.

@ accordtypeR, haha cool. I'll make a post here in a second for a little tip about keeping it clean...

Comment

Aite this helped me out a ton, so I figured I might as well share it. I knew about sanding/buffing/waxing but I had never truly done it properly.

So we’ll start off with some disgusting looking panel (the whole car was like this, if not worse, and note the lack of reflections):

All kinds of nasty looking oxidation and grime soaked in the paint. I guess its what happens when, for 13 years, the previous owner gets the car hot waxed before dirt and grime has been fully removed.

Anyway, grab some rubbing compound. I used 3M Rubbing Compound. Get your orbital buffer (I used a Dewalt Electronic Variable Speed Polisher buffer) and start buffing. If you have a speed adjustable one, start out at the lowest speed. I usually applied the rubbing compound on the panel surface and smeared it around to avoid slinging it all over the place with the buffer. Also, make sure to not stay in one place too long; keep the buffer moving. The buffer will burn the paint, especially on plastics, if it is held in one place. After maybe five minutes of that buffing, go to a finer cut rubbing compound. I used 3M Finesse. Again, after maybe five minutes of buffing, grab a microfiber cloth, or a terry towel works too, and apply some wax.

Faaar better!

Now for the harder stuff. My car got covered with overspray. HVLP guns will do that. Anyway, with GENTLE pressure, use 2000 grit sand paper to sand the area of interest. After that, just buff like written before.

Here you can see the hood covered in the black overspray. The front fender, however, has been color sanded and buffed. It makes a huuge difference.

After doing this, washing the car became fun again. No more washing the bumpy, oversprayed panels. Only fresh, smoothness now!

Comment

Thats very nice work, I wish I could wetsand my car again to achieve a better finish, but the clear coat is practically gone. You better show up to the meet in my sig....

Comment

haha Good point, the color sanding should be wet sanding.

But yeah, I'm down for that meet.

Comment

wow quite the transformation! great job with the paint.

PS- ur car, in my eyes, is at the same level.

i look forward to more progress and updates!!
                            F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                            Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

WOW!!!!!!!!
                              is that my cb? ...... j/p.......
                              -very clean cb buddy!!!!!!

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X