No announcement yet.

TheNextEpisode : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I not mistaken the cd5/6 stock kit fits our cb's ang it thicker than ours.
    accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
    ....................My New Baby
    SOLD TO
    ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Yeah? I'll have to look into that then.

A repaint would be kinda nice too, actually. Maybe painted moldings too...

Comment

More lame crap.

I thought last week's visit to the dyno was lame.. (they were closed)

So I had a fuel leak that I noticed the other day. Very small, but w/ gas prices the way they are, and the fact that one of the SD fires was caused by a car fire, I figured I'd better fix it.

An hour later the gas leak was fixed and the car was idling smoothly, without a drip of fuel on the floor beneath it. I figured I'd take it for a mile-long test drive.

About 3/4 of the way through the drive, I hear a TING... CLUNK... PING PING PING PING PING ping ping <fades> over the span of about 3 seconds. I immediately shut off the engine, put it in neutral, and coasted to a parking spot. After a brief inspection, I found that the front balance shaft pulley was nonexistent, nor was the plastic on the timing belt cover directly in front of the pulley.

I'm wondering if I should try and take out the engine and repair whatever I need to do and put the engine back in, all tomorrow, but we'll see.

Looks like I'm not going to get dyno tuned this week, either.
        Last edited by TheNextEpisode; 10-29-2007, 01:11 PM.

Comment

wow, that kinda reminds me of when i did my swap and ran into all the little problems! i hope you work through it. just a lil patience and im sure she will be on that dyno in no time!
          F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
          Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
            wow, that kinda reminds me of when i did my swap and ran into all the little problems! i hope you work through it. just a lil patience and im sure she will be on that dyno in no time!
            haha

that's pleasing to hear. i hope in the end, then, that my h22 runs as smoothly as (i believe) yours does now.

Comment

Nice whip man!!!
              92 Accord Coupe (MR Thread Below)

Member's Ride

Comment

thanks, dude! it always means a lot.

Comment

woot x 10! she is back up and running strong (H22 that is )

i wanna see some dyno numbers and videos!!! git-er-dun! hahha i should talk....
                  F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                  Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

woot x 10! she is back up and running strong (H22 that is )

i wanna see some dyno numbers and videos!!! git-er-dun! hahha i should talk....

haha yeap, 100% up and running again!

The last engine removal/install time total was under 8 hrs, excluding the time I spent waiting for a replacement balance shaft pulley.

Anyways, my first class tom is @ 3:30 pm. I'm in LA right now, so giving me 2 hrs to get to SD for class from my house, I should be able to squeeze in a tune @ a shop near LA tom morning!!

c'mon 400 whp!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode
                      haha yeap, 100% up and running again!

The last engine removal/install time total was under 8 hrs, excluding the time I spent waiting for a replacement balance shaft pulley.

Anyways, my first class tom is @ 3:30 pm. I'm in LA right now, so giving me 2 hrs to get to SD for class from my house, I should be able to squeeze in a tune @ a shop near LA tom morning!!

c'mon 400 whp!!!

are we gonna start a pool?? LOL

base run with the 262s/p28/2.5 exhaust or with some tuning?? im gonna just guess and throw out...

183whp.
                      Last edited by SMseagren83; 11-12-2007, 07:16 PM.

Comment

are we gonna start a pool?? LOL

base run with the 262s/p28/2.5 exhaust or with some tuning?? im gonna just guess and throw out...

183whp.
                        Yeah, I had tuning too.

You were really freaking close... I'll post up results in the h22 swap page shortly. Google video is taking a while to process the video.

Comment

nice.........i like those fog........
                          alot like mine.......

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode
                            Yeah, I had tuning too.

You were really freaking close... I'll post up results in the h22 swap page shortly. Google video is taking a while to process the video.

i dont sense any REAL excitement.... not happy with ur results?? if its close to 183...thats not bad at all. slap on a euroR mani and S2k TB.... should open a new can of whoop ass.

Comment

@ CB7_ACCORD, haha, yeah I like the look of the fogs. Good choice on yours!

@ SMseagren83, ahahaha dang u read that lack of excitement well. you're right though, i shouldn't be disappointed.

I'd love to get a euro r and s2k tb like yours, but I think I need to see a dyno sheet from someone that's running 'em. I think there's another half japanese person around here that has that set up that might be able to get a dyno result up...

Comment

Figure I might as well post a pic of the dyno sheet here too.

More dyno details on pg 4 of the h22 swap page!

Comment

Working...
                                X