Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

homes, everyone is wrong.

so i am researching for tow hooks.
    people says its useless and only for appearance.

i say this is not true.

it can be used as bumper guards.

i bet parallel parkers would think twice before coming close.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

deev-A flushmount has some function. However, it is also intended to be an aesthetic item. The tow hook is a purely functional, race-required item.

It's like having a fire extinguisher mounted on your A pillar, or a $1000 racing seat and harness, attached to a roll bar, on your grocery getter that has never been on a track.

I understand form over function... but I feel certain parts make the driver look like a tard if the part NEVER functions.
    Last edited by accord=inspire?; 07-18-2010, 11:50 PM.

No shit Sherlock.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Why are you talking directly to me? Please do not use my name in vain.

Tow hooks are required on race cars. They are put on street cars because they "look cool". To me, they look stupid, if they are never used for their intended function. Just like if I see some guy walking around in camo gear and dog tags, that has never served in the military... I'd think he was a tool.

A flushmount does what it is supposed to do on a bone stock car, as well as a "race" car. It is intended to be an aesthetic item. A tow hook is not intended to be such.

Also, it is a matter of opinion. That's the beauty of opinion... it's never wrong.

Comment

When I saw the title "Homes", I automatically knew it was you....

Comment

they dont need to do their intended purpose.

they can be shields.

Comment

Why would you put a tow hook on your car when it already has them front and back. I even have two on the front of my 6th gen from the factory. Why would I want three.

My 6th gen accord thread
            99 Miata

Comment

Please... stop talking

Comment

Originally posted by accord=inspire? View Post
                they dont need to do their intended purpose.

they can be shields.
                So can you! Wanna take a trip to Iraq with me?

Comment

fellow homes,

but i thought my idea was genius. who disagree should say i.

Comment

Originally posted by av6g6 View Post
                    Why would you put a tow hook on your car when it already has them front and back. I even have two on the front of my 6th gen from the factory. Why would I want three.
                    The tow hooks on our cars as they come from the factory are for securing the car to a tow truck (a flatbed, mainly). The tow hooks that all the ricers and racers use are for towing a disabled vehicle off of the track, or out of a ditch. If you try to use a stock hook for that, you'll damage the bumper.

Newer cars come with little holes in the bumpers, covered by a piece of plastic. You can pop the plastic off, and screw in an eye hook that's in with the lug wrench and jack. This is a tow hook. NOBODY is dumb enough to simply drive around with it in. Wonder why? Because they look like morons with it.

Comment

fellow homes,

but i thought my idea was genius. who disagree should say i.
                      You funny dude. lol

Comment

hey homes, people that already dont give a shit about thier cars while parallel parking wont give two shits about your purple tow hook. at least it wont affect my bed linered bumper muhahahahahhahahahahahaha
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          The tow hooks on our cars as they come from the factory are for securing the car to a tow truck (a flatbed, mainly). The tow hooks that all the ricers and racers use are for towing a disabled vehicle off of the track, or out of a ditch. If you try to use a stock hook for that, you'll damage the bumper.

Newer cars come with little holes in the bumpers, covered by a piece of plastic. You can pop the plastic off, and screw in an eye hook that's in with the lug wrench and jack. This is a tow hook. NOBODY is dumb enough to simply drive around with it in. Wonder why? Because they look like morons with it.
                          now lets make people that dont have one look like a moron.
                          do you want to rip your bumper? do you want to be scared all your life? then get a benen towhook.

it can act as a shield. it can act as a soda holder. it can also be a bouncyball hoop as well.

now everyone get a tow hook.
                          limited supplies, while they last.

Comment

If I call right now can I get another one absolutely free?

Comment

now lets make people that dont have one look like a moron.
                              do you want to rip your bumper? do you want to be scared all your life? then get a benen towhook.

it can act as a shield. it can act as a soda holder. it can also be a bouncyball hoop as well.

now everyone get a tow hook.
                              limited supplies, while they last.

God bless you sir !

I believe you have a bright future in the special olympics, Try out for boxing I'll provide you with a helmet .
                              WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Working...
                              X