No announcement yet.

homes, everyone is wrong.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used the factory tow hooks on my Ranger all the time to pull people out of ditches and snowbanks in the winter.

Racing style tow hooks on street cars look retarded, unless the car is so modified that they'll look like they belong on it.

There's a guy with a Mk3 Jetta a block over from me and he autoX's his car all the time, and he's got a ton of stickers and stuff on the car...actually looks like a TOCA Touring car, but street legal. He has a tow hook on the front, and the car is modified enough where it looks cool, but it also serves a function because he does track the car.

Comment

or, if we go back to the original post, why not learn how to drive properly so that you dont need "parking aids" so you dont damage your car.

Comment

Originally posted by accord=inspire? View Post
        so i am researching for tow hooks.
        people says its useless and only for appearance.

i say this is not true.

it can be used as bumper guards.

i bet parallel parkers would think twice before coming close.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

deev-A flushmount has some function. However, it is also intended to be an aesthetic item. The tow hook is a purely functional, race-required item.

It's like having a fire extinguisher mounted on your A pillar, or a $1000 racing seat and harness, attached to a roll bar, on your grocery getter that has never been on a track.

I understand form over function... but I feel certain parts make the driver look like a tard if the part NEVER functions.

Please, STFU. If you have an idea to start a thread in the future, don't.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Why are you talking directly to me? Please do not use my name in vain.

Tow hooks are required on race cars. They are put on street cars because they "look cool". To me, they look stupid, if they are never used for their intended function. Just like if I see some guy walking around in camo gear and dog tags, that has never served in the military... I'd think he was a tool.

A flushmount does what it is supposed to do on a bone stock car, as well as a "race" car. It is intended to be an aesthetic item. A tow hook is not intended to be such.

Also, it is a matter of opinion. That's the beauty of opinion... it's never wrong.
        I don't think he was addressing you, (Read that part of his post, it's clearly not written by him; "aesthetic" and "extinguisher" are both spelled correctly, punctuation is accurate, grammer and context are correct. I'm sure you've said this somewhere before and he's just copied and pasted it. I've seen him do this before, I believe he's quoting you but doesn't understand how the quote button or the + button work (among other things).

fellow homes,

but i thought my idea was genius. who disagree should say i.
        Anyone with an IQ over 85?

now lets make people that dont have one look like a moron.
        do you want to rip your bumper? do you want to be scared all your life? then get a benen towhook.

it can act as a shield. it can act as a soda holder. it can also be a bouncyball hoop as well.

now everyone get a tow hook.
        limited supplies, while they last.
        Really, so EVERYONE without a tow hook looks like a moron and is scared of getting a little bumper tap? I'd guess the people you park near would be more afraid of their ride being gouged up from your tow hook than a little bump from your bumper.
        I've been driving for over 25 years without a tow hook sticking out of the front or back of my car, and haven't been afraid of a little bumper tap. I'd be more afraid that some fucking tard with a tow hook he doesn't need would tap the back or front of my ride and gouge the living fuck out of my bumper.
        If you want to rock a tow hook on your non racing, autotragic cb7, do it. Don't come on here and try to make it sound like you're a genius and we're idiots because you decided you want one. You're not a genius. I doubt that you're even on the downward sloping side of the IQ bell curve, and probably struggling on the uphill side. So have your folks strap on your helmet and fanny pack, give you enough money for lunch, put you on the short bus and

STFU!

Just seeing your threads makes my head hurt.

And I don't think any of us would count you among our holmes, homes, homies, whatever your word of the day for buddy is. If you ever called me holmes or homie or homes on the street, I'd bust you in the mouth for having the audacity to consider yourself part of my circle of peeps.

Comment

Oh yeah, you're right. I wrote that.

Ok, even worse than calling me out... don't use my posts to back up your idiotic ideas... especially when what you're suggesting completely goes against everything I say in it.

Comment

Originally posted by RagingAsian View Post
            When I saw the title "Homes"...
            Huron
            Ontario
            Michigan
            Erie
            Superior

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I hate waking up to shit like this.

Comment

Why are you talking directly to me? Please do not use my name in vain.
                i think he wants s smiting.

edit: accord=inspire reminds me of this troll on a jeep forum im on.
                Last edited by scudweiser; 07-19-2010, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by apuforyou View Post
                  Please... stop talking
                  This.
                  Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                  D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                  ┴─┴
                  ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

a=i? Did your parents have the same last name before they got married, by any chance?

Comment

a=i? Did your parents have the same last name before they got married, by any chance?
                      Most likely, judging by the demographic, his parents were never married.

But probably still likely related. Usually, marriage that close is illegal.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Assuming marriage is the only way I could subtly suggest inbreeding...

Comment

Mike, did you expect subtlety to work with a=i?? Blatancy seems to elude his grasp.

Comment

The subtlety of the actual meaning of the question was intended to go undetected... but the truthful answer to said question would make for considerable hilarity.

Comment

dude, just delete this thread. later.
                              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

He deletes half of his threads before they catch fire... others... he doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X