Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ohh my...back in the days when we was strong...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stence2028 View Post
    Someone should get a poll started.And i think someone that knows alot of people from the forum should do it.Im kinda new to the forum and only been to like 4 meets so i dont realy know that many people if not i would try it out.plus i think the one in charge should have a nice clean cb7, and i dont feel like my cb is up to that level yet.
    Attitudes like that is the reason why there are no meets. Everyone thinks they're not good enough or their car isn't good enough.

Pm people, get phone numbers, and motivation is all to it. 1st SoCal meet had about 6 or 7 cars to begin with. Then you talk about how you guys can go bigger next time. Eventually it'll blow up.

Comment

Being as "old" as I am and a PITA sometimes on this site, I too love the cb7's and drive a CB9. I got myself in a few years ago with the group of CB7 tuners that drove to Monterey Bay. I was also at the meet up near Malibu. I'm the older guy sitting on the grass in one group picture.
      I think some of the things stopping the enthusiasm is a number of things; Some members did what they could do to their cars and just got tired of it. Some see it as never ending money pit. The gas prices hurt too. Priorities change. CB's are thought of as the teen car..thus you get older and want to drive something less juvenile, something more "adult"
      Meets are simple to do. Even I did one for the wagons at Balboa Park in the Valley and it turned out real good! Me...I did it! Ghost knows and said it right; all you need is to post a place and time and stick with communications. Make sure the place is accessible and available, and the time agrees with all...and do it. If you got the balls to start one ..don't wait for the next guy. Once committed, see it all the way through till the last car is gone and the trash is all cleaned up. Just because our cars are 20+ years old, doesn't mean there is no interest in them anymore. Ever see a rolling line of classics on the freeway? Wonder how they keep active? Meets! Do it, you'll be credited with keeping the CB7's alive.
      Last edited by SilverShadow; 03-03-2012, 05:24 AM.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
      New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
      My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

I love cb7's!
        The beginning of a new era............................
        165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
        184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

So after reading this entire thread page by page I've decided I'm going to make a meet some time during spring break (April 9 - 13). To shadow's statement, I believe civics & integra's are the teen cars. Accords are for the more mature crowd in my opinion. This thread has given me a lot of motivation for my cb. I just turned 16 in January, I have a lot more ahead of me and little things to worry about, my gf is the type of girl who doesn't want things always bought for her, more for the cb. I have a cheap cricket phone that I only pay $35 a month for. Unlimited talk & text (all I need). Everything done to my car (including buying it) has been achieved without me having a job. I sold every single one of my old beyblades that I guess kids are addicted to now and ended up getting $1300 when it was all gone. Got my cb7 for $1150 and did what I could to keep it alive. 6 months later, she's almost as good as new. Just a couple things left that can be fixed with a $100 bill. Whoever (I believe it was ghost) said you don't need a lot of money to have a clean ride, is right. I've yet to find even a minimum wage job and still building her slowly.

Keepinitclean is another young member who has made over 10 grand by detailing cars & selling parts he's acquired through the junkyard and trades. I don't plann on ever selling my cb7. I'll run it til it just can't go any more and motor swaps & up keep just won't do it. I think what we need now is quality over quantity. The nicer cb7's we have (which you don't need $10,000 to do), the more attention we get which will spark more people's interest.

You can get them a lot cheaper than the trending EG & EK hatches and coupes that stock go for like $3000 on craigslist. If I searched right now I could probably find 15 cb7's for sale under $1800. That's just in SD county too. These are easy to acquire so more people can get them and get a feel for them.

I'm not going to let this love & passion die, I've met a few members already from here in person, Ravens_CB7 up in LA, Junior Smurff who's in the same city, frankiefiggs who isn't as active as he could be but still looks around the site, made a new friend in SNOOZE helping me with my education and CB7 future. Im slowly starting to know more people and hope to know everyone in so cal that shares my passion. The meet in question I believe was about the C.A.M June 9th in Griffith park. Hope to see a huge section for the cb7 crowd. If anyone is willing to help set-up a meet or would actualy go give me a text with your screen name, my name's Doug 760-893-6383. Let's keep this alive guys.
          1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
          For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
            Attitudes like that is the reason why there are no meets. Everyone thinks they're not good enough or their car isn't good enough.

Pm people, get phone numbers, and motivation is all to it. 1st SoCal meet had about 6 or 7 cars to begin with. Then you talk about how you guys can go bigger next time. Eventually it'll blow up.
            This^ statement is spot on. Before AFM, we just had mini gatherings at Felipe's(jarhead293) place, or my college dorm parking lot. Our rides werent that impressive. After a few years, it just blew up to what is now a very much anticipated "End of the Year" meet, where now its Accords of all Gens meet.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Wicket ..Doug, that post is so excellent. for a young man, you know what is right. (This is the reason I asked to have you a mod on the other site...besides ..being the oldest..we needed a youngest)
              Good luck!!!!

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
              New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
              My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Originally posted by Wickit View Post
                So after reading this entire thread page by page I've decided I'm going to make a meet some time during spring break (April 9 - 13). To shadow's statement, I believe civics & integra's are the teen cars. Accords are for the more mature crowd in my opinion. This thread has given me a lot of motivation for my cb. I just turned 16 in January, I have a lot more ahead of me and little things to worry about, my gf is the type of girl who doesn't want things always bought for her, more for the cb. I have a cheap cricket phone that I only pay $35 a month for. Unlimited talk & text (all I need). Everything done to my car (including buying it) has been achieved without me having a job. I sold every single one of my old beyblades that I guess kids are addicted to now and ended up getting $1300 when it was all gone. Got my cb7 for $1150 and did what I could to keep it alive. 6 months later, she's almost as good as new. Just a couple things left that can be fixed with a $100 bill. Whoever (I believe it was ghost) said you don't need a lot of money to have a clean ride, is right. I've yet to find even a minimum wage job and still building her slowly.

Keepinitclean is another young member who has made over 10 grand by detailing cars & selling parts he's acquired through the junkyard and trades. I don't plann on ever selling my cb7. I'll run it til it just can't go any more and motor swaps & up keep just won't do it. I think what we need now is quality over quantity. The nicer cb7's we have (which you don't need $10,000 to do), the more attention we get which will spark more people's interest.

You can get them a lot cheaper than the trending EG & EK hatches and coupes that stock go for like $3000 on craigslist. If I searched right now I could probably find 15 cb7's for sale under $1800. That's just in SD county too. These are easy to acquire so more people can get them and get a feel for them.

I'm not going to let this love & passion die, I've met a few members already from here in person, Ravens_CB7 up in LA, Junior Smurff who's in the same city, frankiefiggs who isn't as active as he could be but still looks around the site, made a new friend in SNOOZE helping me with my education and CB7 future. Im slowly starting to know more people and hope to know everyone in so cal that shares my passion. The meet in question I believe was about the C.A.M June 9th in Griffith park. Hope to see a huge section for the cb7 crowd. If anyone is willing to help set-up a meet or would actualy go give me a text with your screen name, my name's Doug 760-893-6383. Let's keep this alive guys.
                The truth is being spoken here! and doug as far as us new guys to the scene, I will be honest your are probably the most dedicated I have seen. Much props to you hopefully ill be seeing you at your o side meet or me and SNOOZEs meet up here. Also up here theres a whole crew of cbs in bakersfield. i am sure you know AJ (AeJaycb7) and moises (Moes92cb7) they are both on it and moise actually runs it. I have met them and kickd it with them in person they cool people you would get along well with them and be very inspired by their cars too. I will have a word with them see if all the kern county boys wont be down to make the trip to your meet. Also ima be in touch with SNOOZE on a date for the meet up here. Keep doing what youre doing man and as mentioned before stay motivated.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Alright sounds good for the meets bro, and thanks man. Just following my passion, haha i'll see you at the meet u two host if u can't come down here and thank you Steve!
                  1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
                  For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

hooorayyy for us new cb7 enthusiasts !!!!!

MRT Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193631
                    My fs thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190359

Comment

is that me standing behind the guy were pointing at i dont remember having that shirt
                      Last edited by Davids92Accord; 04-17-2012, 03:09 PM.

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
                      "2SIIC"
                      Authentic Jerseys for sale
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

I may try to organize an Socal meet. as soon as I get me a new phone I'll see who is down to help bring us back up on point.

Give me 2 weeks
                        NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                        DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                          I may try to organize an Socal meet. as soon as I get me a new phone I'll see who is down to help bring us back up on point.

Give me 2 weeks
                          Hay whats up man im trying to start a cali weekly meet.let me know if your down to go.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189194

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post

X2 to what ghost says.........If I was to make a weekly or monthly or one meet from time.to time or to create a team, hell I would so be the leader!! Even if my car is not yet to the level s*** I know I'm working hard for it, putting all the time and effort possible in my hands, and money and parts too. All you guys here in cb7tuner inspired me to keep my baby, and to be different than the rest. It's true that for a lot of us its a little bit harder than other to keep maintaining and fixing our cars because of the economi,jobs,kids etc etc. But if you really want to with time and effort you can get where you really want to be. A few people knows I've been in the scene for just months, but everyday I've try to put some little time aside from the normal routine to dedicate it to my car, looking for parts,saving money,helping friends so they can help me too with discounts,finding parts,and fixing my car. Seriusly everything you want to be done to your car or accomplish here with the comunity its up to you, to make it come true.I'm not good at this stuff but it comes from the heart,because is something I love to do now.

MRT Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193631
                            My fs thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190359

Comment

Originally posted by stence2028 View Post
                              Hay whats up man im trying to start a cali weekly meet.let me know if your down to go.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189194
                              I meant like the huge meet where norcal and socal members met with like 20+ members

I live far from you have your meet at maybe one day
                              NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                              DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                                I meant like the huge meet where norcal and socal members met with like 20+ members

I live far from you have your meet at maybe one day
                                That's a great idea bro. I can bring my boys from Bakersfield to attend like last Santa Monica meet.
                                MY MRT
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178936

Comment

Working...
                                X