Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sell it, part it out, or stay the course?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you dont need a wideband for a real crazy setup, if it was turbo or forced induction then yea. otherwise id opt for a chipped p06 and have it tuned. shouldnt cost you more than 300 bucks

i parted out my project accord, got back maybe half of what i spent and got a subaru as a daily. This is only because i had too many projects though.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Well I've thought about it for a good week and I'm going to be revert it back to stock. I just came to realize that I need a reliable daily driver. If I want to work on something, I'll get a second vehicle.

I haven't decided if I want to get another CB to work on or sell the pieces and parts and go to a different format... that will come later.

So thanks for all the input guys, really appreciate it!
      Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Im still not understanding why you can't DD AND mod it at the same time!?!

If you have the time to revert it back to stock, then you obv have time to wrench?

It sounds to me, like you just need some motivation man.

Honestly, however, if you sell that cb, youd be a fool. No offense, but that ish is clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post

If you have the time to revert it back to stock, then you obv have time to wrench?

It sounds to me, like you just need some motivation man.

Honestly, however, if you sell that cb, youd be a fool. No offense, but that ish is clean.
          the best way is to have a plan of attack and mod one thing at a time while having it as a dd
          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
            It's difficult to explain.

The stuff that I need to do requires the vehicle to be down for a while and I don't have any other option of transportation. For instance, I can't take the head to the machine shop when the CB is my only source of transportation. And to have someone give me a ride on the off chance that they are going that way is just not cutting it anymore. Two vehicles or a spare engine would make this easier.

And yes I have time to convert it back to stock because it doesn't require more than a few hours of downtime.

Not planing on selling it... yet. Sure at some point I will, but not now.

Comment

you mean you cant find another cheap head to build?
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I'd keep it, but that's up to what you can afford... The wifey and I needed a car to do a LOT of daily driving to our job and we could afford another car so I put the Accord in the garage for a few. Years later after going through a few cars I have just a VW and the Accord, which has held so I'm glad I kept it, which is now my dd. It's a very reliable car that you can beat up on.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  you mean you cant find another cheap head to build?
                  No I haven't bothered to look as I was trying to do everything without having to buy another head and having that lay around. Kind of limited on space as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X