header gasket.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

header gasket.

want to know if a stock manifold gasket on a f22a1 motor work with a DC Sport header.

yes.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

thanks alot,now i can move forward with my bolt on mods.

Comment

it might be in your best interests to just buy a new gasket. Why use an old stock one when you could spend 10 bucks on a new one and not ever have to worry about it again.

Comment

Put the header on and if the gasket leaks change it. If no leaking I wouldn’t bother. Every time Iv done a header swap I NEVER changed the gasket all the gasket is 3 thin pices of metal pined together.
          R.I.P Rex 10/10/97-08/06/09
          There aren’t enough words in this world to say how much you will be missed. love you buddy!

Comment

just got it installed today,use the old gasket it looked realy good,just put some high temp RTV on both sides of the gasket and bolted up the header,no leaks sound good.

Comment

Reading this brings up a question that I often had... with header/manifold gaskets at the block and also where the "down: pipe connect to the header/manifold is it a good or bad thing to use high temp RTV? Personally, I use generous amounts of RTV when replacing gaskets, but the more I think about it, I dont know if that is the right thing to do?

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

Originally posted by thewoahna View Post
                Reading this brings up a question that I often had... with header/manifold gaskets at the block and also where the "down: pipe connect to the header/manifold is it a good or bad thing to use high temp RTV? Personally, I use generous amounts of RTV when replacing gaskets, but the more I think about it, I dont know if that is the right thing to do?
                for exhaust is okay but for coolant and oil i would be conservative because when that shit dries and flakes off...it gets into the system and can potentially clog it.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

this just reminds me again that i need to replace the header/downpipe gasket again.

Any i was looking at one on summit racing for $10 bucks. Good one to get?

Comment

i just bought that summit header and dowm pipe gasket for $10

part # 27180 it looks to be really good. it is really thick. installs good to.
                    haven't really put and miles on it yet. so i hope it last.
                    FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
                    My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

Working...
                    X