CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > 4th Gen-eral > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 10:40 PM   #1
RyanD
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Reno "The land of sand"
Posts: 1,280
RyanD seems to have made some friends! RyanD seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via Skype™ to RyanD
lets talk about vaping

does anyone on here vape? i quit smoking yesterday and switched to my new hobby, vaping.

my current setup is:
Ego Vamo with vw/vv topped with an innokin iclear 30
Lavatube 1.0 with a clear cardo
__________________

"The Salty Old Bitch"
F22a4, Manual (Auto lasted to 368k)
My MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194341
RyanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:44 AM   #2
ThatOneAccord
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 270
ThatOneAccord is cool... so far.
Is that like the Ecig or Ehookah? I like the Ehookah. I finally learned how to French inhale with that. Kush is too harsh on my nose lol.

I haven't built my own epen for anything yet. The tobacco shop down the street from me you can build your own for $45. That's not bad but I'm not a heavy smoker and when I am smoking I'm either at a social smoke (hookah bar) or I'm smoking green with friends. Other than that I'm good.
ThatOneAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
J-specCb4
Accord of the Month - July 2006
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 5,017
J-specCb4 seems to have made some friends!
i guess i get the vaping thing for smokers but i was at a local car show and it seemed like all everyone was doing was talking about their setup/what flavors haha.i also know a bunch of people who dont even smoke who picked this up. seems fairly silly to me.
__________________

"Tucking tires and wires."
The Chronicles.
J-specCb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #4
KpoweredCB7
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oregon home of the trees and dirt.
Posts: 161
KpoweredCB7 is cool... so far.
I bought this today:



It's an Ego, Kangertech Pro Tank and apple e-juice

I like it and sprung for the kangertech tank because it holds more and is glass instead of plastic.

KpoweredCB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:36 PM   #5
RyanD
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Reno "The land of sand"
Posts: 1,280
RyanD seems to have made some friends! RyanD seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via Skype™ to RyanD
the kanger pro tank is a great thing to start out on. i just like the iclear because it wicks more juice so i can get bigger clouds.

which ego is that? the twist?
__________________

"The Salty Old Bitch"
F22a4, Manual (Auto lasted to 368k)
My MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194341
RyanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #6
koslauj
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Commerce City, Colorado
Posts: 99
koslauj is cool... so far.
I vape as a step down to completely smoking. I haven't touched a cigarette in 5 weeks. Started with a 18mg/nicotine bottle of e-juice and is currently on 12mg. I have the eGo v3 with a EVOD clearomizer. The EVOD clearomizer burns cooler but leaks a bit if you fill it past the halfway point. The Vapor shop has over 200+ flavors of e-juice, it can be frightening just trying to make a decision.
koslauj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:54 PM   #7
RyanD
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Reno "The land of sand"
Posts: 1,280
RyanD seems to have made some friends! RyanD seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via Skype™ to RyanD
Quote:
Originally Posted by koslauj View Post
I vape as a step down to completely smoking. I haven't touched a cigarette in 5 weeks. Started with a 18mg/nicotine bottle of e-juice and is currently on 12mg. I have the eGo v3 with a EVOD clearomizer. The EVOD clearomizer burns cooler but leaks a bit if you fill it past the halfway point. The Vapor shop has over 200+ flavors of e-juice, it can be frightening just trying to make a decision.
iii buy all my juice from https://www.pbdragon.com

the business is just a guy and his family. Great juices. I order all my shit from him
__________________

"The Salty Old Bitch"
F22a4, Manual (Auto lasted to 368k)
My MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194341
RyanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:10 AM   #8
KpoweredCB7
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oregon home of the trees and dirt.
Posts: 161
KpoweredCB7 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
the kanger pro tank is a great thing to start out on. i just like the iclear because it wicks more juice so i can get bigger clouds.

which ego is that? the twist?
you know, I'm not sure, I think so but there aren't any markings on it so I cant say for sure. I too am wanting to quit cigs so this is my choice.
KpoweredCB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:09 AM   #9
RyanD
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Reno "The land of sand"
Posts: 1,280
RyanD seems to have made some friends! RyanD seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via Skype™ to RyanD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KpoweredCB7 View Post
you know, I'm not sure, I think so but there aren't any markings on it so I cant say for sure. I too am wanting to quit cigs so this is my choice.
as you can see in my sig i have been off the cigs for a little while and have not looked back. i love vaping.

if you care to learn more about the world of vaping i would rec. grimgreen on youtube. there are some pretty cool things out there.

the way you can tell if that is a twist is if you can vary the voltage by a twist knob at the bottom
__________________

"The Salty Old Bitch"
F22a4, Manual (Auto lasted to 368k)
My MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194341
RyanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #10
toycar
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Old folks home
Posts: 1,161
toycar is very helpful toycar is very helpful toycar is very helpful
The thing about it for me, is I want to punch people that "vape" in situations that its just not appropriate. I was at the junkyard the other day and this fuck was "vaping" as he was cashing someone out. I mean, people don't apply the rules of smoking to vaping basically and that pisses me off.



Really? In the fucking grocery store?


Im picking out bananas, you're blowing "vapor" within a couple feet of me and my kids. WTF? WTF is wrong with people that situations like this are created and then they have to ruine it for everyone.


It would be nice if you could do shit like this in a bar setting, commonplace designated "vaping" zones or whatever.


But seriously, the fucking idiots will ruine it for you guys by "vaping" in the wrong places at the wrong times and then there will be as much of a stigma over it as there is smoking now. Personally, it fucking pisses me off already. Seriously. The wal mart cashier can "vape" between customers? No fucking way.


But I've seen it. And shit like that is absoloute fucking crap in my opinion, and it is the thing that will overshadow this hobby negatively.



Just like Shadow was saying in the gun thread about how people are publically/openly carrying assault rifles and acting stupid about their "rights" when the cops show up and want their ID-this is the same bullshit. People are exploiting the fact that there are NO LAWS around public use of this, so, they do it in the most ridiculous ways to be assholes.

For no fugging reason basically. And I hate that that attitude seems to be trending among people I see "vaping"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by wed3k View Post
im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.
toycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #11
KpoweredCB7
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oregon home of the trees and dirt.
Posts: 161
KpoweredCB7 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toycar View Post
The thing about it for me, is I want to punch people that "vape" in situations that its just not appropriate. I was at the junkyard the other day and this fuck was "vaping" as he was cashing someone out. I mean, people don't apply the rules of smoking to vaping basically and that pisses me off.



Really? In the fucking grocery store?


Im picking out bananas, you're blowing "vapor" within a couple feet of me and my kids. WTF? WTF is wrong with people that situations like this are created and then they have to ruine it for everyone.




It would be nice if you could do shit like this in a bar setting, commonplace designated "vaping" zones or whatever.


But seriously, the fucking idiots will ruine it for you guys by "vaping" in the wrong places at the wrong times and then there will be as much of a stigma over it as there is smoking now. Personally, it fucking pisses me off already. Seriously. The wal mart cashier can "vape" between customers? No fucking way.


But I've seen it. And shit like that is absoloute fucking crap in my opinion, and it is the thing that will overshadow this hobby negatively.



Just like Shadow was saying in the gun thread about how people are publically/openly carrying assault rifles and acting stupid about their "rights" when the cops show up and want their ID-this is the same bullshit. People are exploiting the fact that there are NO LAWS around public use of this, so, they do it in the most ridiculous ways to be assholes.

For no fugging reason basically. And I hate that that attitude seems to be trending among people I see "vaping"
I totally agree with your statement, even if it is prop glycol and stuff, I wouldn't want people blowing it near me, just like I wouldn't want people blowing their smelly breath on my face.

I only do it at my house, because I don't want anyone to throw a fit.
KpoweredCB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #12
Accrdwgnguy
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Weare, NH
Posts: 3,776
Accrdwgnguy seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to Accrdwgnguy
Well, thats why our government is so bloated. Because if there wasn't a law or regulation against it, assholes would do it because they can.
Accrdwgnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #13
AAPOQ
Procrastinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DSM
Posts: 1,118
AAPOQ seems to have made some friends! AAPOQ seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by toycar View Post
The thing about it for me, is I want to punch people that "vape" in situations that its just not appropriate. I was at the junkyard the other day and this fuck was "vaping" as he was cashing someone out. I mean, people don't apply the rules of smoking to vaping basically and that pisses me off.



Really? In the fucking grocery store?


Im picking out bananas, you're blowing "vapor" within a couple feet of me and my kids. WTF? WTF is wrong with people that situations like this are created and then they have to ruine it for everyone.


It would be nice if you could do shit like this in a bar setting, commonplace designated "vaping" zones or whatever.


But seriously, the fucking idiots will ruine it for you guys by "vaping" in the wrong places at the wrong times and then there will be as much of a stigma over it as there is smoking now. Personally, it fucking pisses me off already. Seriously. The wal mart cashier can "vape" between customers? No fucking way.


But I've seen it. And shit like that is absoloute fucking crap in my opinion, and it is the thing that will overshadow this hobby negatively.



Just like Shadow was saying in the gun thread about how people are publically/openly carrying assault rifles and acting stupid about their "rights" when the cops show up and want their ID-this is the same bullshit. People are exploiting the fact that there are NO LAWS around public use of this, so, they do it in the most ridiculous ways to be assholes.

For no fugging reason basically. And I hate that that attitude seems to be trending among people I see "vaping"
Eat a snickers, buddy. It's just vaping







I use the Blu e-cig, I get plenty of nicotine out of it!
AAPOQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #14
reklipz
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 681
reklipz seems to have made some friends! reklipz seems to have made some friends!
Woah woah woah. Vaporizing "tobacco juice" in public is not the same as smoking in public. We know that the second hand smoke from smoking is harmful to others, and that people are inconsiderate, and corporations are willing to accept the consequence (they push the issue of "people are smoking here and I don't want that" on to their customers), and so, the people as a whole decided we needed government regulation to deal with that issue.

So far, though, the "second hand vapor" has not been shown to affect others in any way, other than the stigma they readily associate with it. Regardless, however, if that stigma is enough that the people think there should be similar regulation, it will happen. But, that regulation is totally ill-founded! That's INSANE! Taking away freedoms just because someone has a problem with it is the wrong move; there needs to be research and some sort of foundation. Kpowered's example of "your breath smells, get out of here" is great: you seriously don't expect there to be regulation against bad breath and personal space, right? That's handled through social means, no need for regulation. How is vaping any different? Don't like that folks can vape at Hy-Vee? Don't go there! Or better yet, make a big stink about it and don't go there! If you think the problem is enough that there needs to be regulation to fix it, why not exploit that huge market and open your own grocery store where vaping is not allowed? Sounds really profitable...

Sorry for the rant-nature of the post; wanted to get this in before the topic diverged.
__________________
reklipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #15
Raf99
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 3,070
Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by reklipz View Post
Woah woah woah. Vaporizing "tobacco juice" in public is not the same as smoking in public. We know that the second hand smoke from smoking is harmful to others, and that people are inconsiderate, and corporations are willing to accept the consequence (they push the issue of "people are smoking here and I don't want that" on to their customers), and so, the people as a whole decided we needed government regulation to deal with that issue.

So far, though, the "second hand vapor" has not been shown to affect others in any way, other than the stigma they readily associate with it. Regardless, however, if that stigma is enough that the people think there should be similar regulation, it will happen. But, that regulation is totally ill-founded! That's INSANE! Taking away freedoms just because someone has a problem with it is the wrong move; there needs to be research and some sort of foundation. Kpowered's example of "your breath smells, get out of here" is great: you seriously don't expect there to be regulation against bad breath and personal space, right? That's handled through social means, no need for regulation. How is vaping any different? Don't like that folks can vape at Hy-Vee? Don't go there! Or better yet, make a big stink about it and don't go there! If you think the problem is enough that there needs to be regulation to fix it, why not exploit that huge market and open your own grocery store where vaping is not allowed? Sounds really profitable...

Sorry for the rant-nature of the post; wanted to get this in before the topic diverged.

So ya. Probably ok for vaping on a plane, at a funeral, in the hospital, in cabs, and anywhere else its technically legal. No issues at all. (minus the social implications and eye glaring).

I agree with toycar. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Respectful adults usually know the line.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #16
deevergote
Don't call me dude.
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Not New York
Posts: 40,188
deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf99 View Post
Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
This sums it up perfectly.


I understand that it's not smoking, but it's still not something that should be done just anywhere, at any time. If there's a flavor, there's a smell. If you're inhaling nicotine, you're exhaling it as well. Anyone that doesn't want to be exposed to that, or have their kids exposed to it, shouldn't have to. Even if there's no harmful effects, most people don't know what the effects are at all... so of course any intelligent parent wouldn't want some unknown chemical exhaled on their kid!

I don't see anything wrong with it in appropriate situations (certainly better than smoking), but be polite!


And yes... the assholes that abuse their current freedom to do it whenever and wherever they want are pissing people off. Those pissed off people are going to make a stink, and demand that laws be passed. Then said laws WILL be passed, and you'll be restricted in when and where you can do it just as with smoking.

As with anything, it's not just the whiners that make things tough for everyone else... it's also the people that abuse the lack of laws to set those whiners into action. (just like with our cars... fart cans weren't outlawed until a dozen mothers complained about their babies getting woken up at midnight by the local ricer... and if you have kids, you know how infuriating it is when you FINALLY got your kid to sleep and something wakes him up!)
__________________






deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #17
illinois_erik
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,123
illinois_erik is very helpful illinois_erik is very helpful illinois_erik is very helpful
welp.. how many cigs do you smoke? I tried my ecig for about 7 months it was ok i smoked about a pack a day b4 then, then at work it was a nusance to catch a buzz, stuff would get into the carto like pocket lint, the sellers ejuice varied between batches, the OEM carts i got were like candy so tasty..but the hassle combined with expense and "labor" to smoke, i just went back to regular cigs, pallmall 100s , but those made me cough up like frigging caulk I noticed..so now I smoke my good ole camel wides now, and im up to almost 2 packs a day, i think it was my 24mg cartos. Not advisable for blue collar workers, its ok if youre like a student or trendster or unemployed/broke
__________________
illinois_erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #18
reklipz
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 681
reklipz seems to have made some friends! reklipz seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
I understand that it's not smoking, but it's still not something that should be done just anywhere, at any time. If there's a flavor, there's a smell. If you're inhaling nicotine, you're exhaling it as well. Anyone that doesn't want to be exposed to that, or have their kids exposed to it, shouldn't have to. Even if there's no harmful effects, most people don't know what the effects are at all... so of course any intelligent parent wouldn't want some unknown chemical exhaled on their kid!
What about farts, which can generally be controlled by their... owner? I expect that inhaling fart clouds isn't the best thing for you, and I don't want people farting in my general vicinity (actually, I don't really care so much, but for the sake of argument). Why is there no government regulation against farting in public? Obviously this is contrived... I can't really find any information about whether or not inhaling flatulence has health effects, but eating feces is bad for you, and farts ~= feces, so if anything, inhaling farts is bad for you. In fact, it's possible that inhaling fart gas is on the same order of "bad for you" as vaporized tobacco juice (because we've already established that we don't know the effects of second-hand vapor*). I don't see anyone running to create regulation against farting in private establishments, so by that basis, why is it any more logical to conclude we need the same for tobacco juice vapor? That, and only that, is the point I am trying to make.

A bit more toward what I think what Ryan wanted to discuss:

I have some friends that smoke cigarettes, and they tell me that when they smoke, they aren't doing it for the buzz they might have started smoking for, they do it basically because they're addicted. None of them have really told me that smoking helps them in other ways than "getting their fix," e.g. relieving stress (though they might just be unaware of this; and on the contrary, the stress that they're relieving might be self-induced by smoking, making the benefit completely moot). As well, I've heard the same from folks switching to vaporizing: that vaporizing doesn't really give them a buzz, but still just let's them "get their fix" with presumably fewer negatives. So I ask: Why do you enjoy vaporizing? Is there any social factor that drives you? How would you characterize the differences between what you get out of vaporizing vs. what you got from smoking?

* I actually doubt this to be true, given that vaporizing is marketed as an alternative to smoking, I expect there was lots of study regarding second-hand vapor vs. smoke. I'd be willing to present some research if it would matter to anyone.
__________________

Last edited by reklipz; 09-18-2013 at 08:46 PM.
reklipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:21 AM   #19
RyanD
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Reno "The land of sand"
Posts: 1,280
RyanD seems to have made some friends! RyanD seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via Skype™ to RyanD
Quote:
Originally Posted by reklipz View Post
What about farts, which can generally be controlled by their... owner? I expect that inhaling fart clouds isn't the best thing for you, and I don't want people farting in my general vicinity (actually, I don't really care so much, but for the sake of argument). Why is there no government regulation against farting in public? Obviously this is contrived... I can't really find any information about whether or not inhaling flatulence has health effects, but eating feces is bad for you, and farts ~= feces, so if anything, inhaling farts is bad for you. In fact, it's possible that inhaling fart gas is on the same order of "bad for you" as vaporized tobacco juice (because we've already established that we don't know the effects of second-hand vapor*). I don't see anyone running to create regulation against farting in private establishments, so by that basis, why is it any more logical to conclude we need the same for tobacco juice vapor? That, and only that, is the point I am trying to make.

A bit more toward what I think what Ryan wanted to discuss:

I have some friends that smoke cigarettes, and they tell me that when they smoke, they aren't doing it for the buzz they might have started smoking for, they do it basically because they're addicted. None of them have really told me that smoking helps them in other ways than "getting their fix," e.g. relieving stress (though they might just be unaware of this; and on the contrary, the stress that they're relieving might be self-induced by smoking, making the benefit completely moot). As well, I've heard the same from folks switching to vaporizing: that vaporizing doesn't really give them a buzz, but still just let's them "get their fix" with presumably fewer negatives. So I ask: Why do you enjoy vaporizing? Is there any social factor that drives you? How would you characterize the differences between what you get out of vaporizing vs. what you got from smoking?

* I actually doubt this to be true, given that vaporizing is marketed as an alternative to smoking, I expect there was lots of study regarding second-hand vapor vs. smoke. I'd be willing to present some research if it would matter to anyone.
i would like to see some research. i find that stuff cool

i vape mostly because i quit smoking. i have however steped down my nic content in my juice to half that of a cig

the other reason i vape is simply because i enjoy it. my buddy and i like the flavors and enjoy letting out huge clouds of vape in the living room
__________________

"The Salty Old Bitch"
F22a4, Manual (Auto lasted to 368k)
My MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194341
RyanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #20
Ralphie
Stalker
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Down on the upside
Posts: 5,029
Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Please show me where doing this is safer then smoking?

Not one of you know's EXACTLY what's in that shit.

It's just vaporized, but you're still bringing chemicals into your body.

You can go on a tirade and claim it's 100x healthier, but im not buying it.

I love how people act holier then thou when vaping, but in 20 years, when shit is shown to be worse then smoking because you build up some kind of junk in your lungs from the biproducts of it, then it will be a shame.

And in any case, no matter what you do, YOU ARE taking away from the elasticity of your lungs, so eventually they will perform less then someone who doesn't smoke.

Last edited by Ralphie; 09-19-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.