Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First track run.

https://youtu.be/QnByI9lVWuc
    Here's a link to my first night at the track.
    CB7TUNER.com
    Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

All right! So that was from the 22nd? I can't make out the board, but I counted 17s and change. Was the trap speed in the 80's? Was that your only run?

The gearing seems quite tall for an M2F4. Is the 4.266 FD in there? My M2Y4 seems a lot closer, and it should be taller than the F4. I mean, from the pitch at the other end (corrected for Doppler Effect), it seems like you were at about 6.5k in 3rd at the line.

What flywheel are you running, and is that just an Exedy OEM clutch in there right now? Your shifts seem very careful.

I wish you lived closer so I could put my MT's on her.
      *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I let my car down.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of town working since Saturday, I returned home late Wednesday.
        That run was from the 22nd. It was my 2nd run of the night the first run was about the same. It was my first night running at a drag strip. I was only able to get two runs in before the track closed. I am going to need a lot of practice.
        the transmission is stock with the stock Exedy clutch kit and stock Luk fly wheel.
        At the end of the line I was running into the end of 3rd over 7200 rpm. (7200 rpm shift light). My 1st to 2nd shift was at about 6000 rpm and my launch was 3800 rpm.
        On my first run I missed my shift from 2nd to 3rd going into 5th then back to 3rd.
        So on the 2nd run the only thing I tried to change was not missing my shift. I think I ended up running 1st a little deeper and caused a bit of spin going into 2nd.
        On my next visit I will try a lower launching rpm to try and reduce what was mostly spin and hop through 1st.
        So these time slips I am about to post my be more embarrassing than just about anything I can think of right now.

CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Practice! You probably did better than I would do.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

You didn't let your car down.

Yeah man, it's all about practice. If you lower your launch rpm, that should help, but I'm not sure 2-step is the way to go with those tires. Try without 2-step, as you will be feathering the throttle to find your launching rpm instead of having your foot at the floor. Even with my rubbers, I will definitely spin if I do a full dump from high rpm.

Also, now that I know you have the Exedy OEM clutch and the 17lb flywheel, I can see why your shifts are not rapid and your RPM's take awhile to climb. I got a new Exedy in my CG5, and boy does it prefer grandma shifts. Still, I feel like that 174whp and 151wtq is not all there. Can you do a compression test?

Maybe some temporary weight reduction in the rear would help as well.

Oh, and did you avoid the water box?

MRT
            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
              You didn't let your car down.

Yeah man, it's all about practice. If you lower your launch rpm, that should help, but I'm not sure 2-step is the way to go with those tires. Try without 2-step, as you will be feathering the throttle to find your launching rpm instead of having your foot at the floor. Even with my rubbers, I will definitely spin if I do a full dump from high rpm.

Also, now that I know you have the Exedy OEM clutch and the 17lb flywheel, I can see why your shifts are not rapid and your RPM's take awhile to climb. I got a new Exedy in my CG5, and boy does it prefer grandma shifts. Still, I feel like that 174whp and 151wtq is not all there. Can you do a compression test?

Maybe some temporary weight reduction in the rear would help as well.

Oh, and did you avoid the water box?
              I had some spare time today and I wanted too look at and change my plugs so i did a compression test, first i had done since before the initial startup.
              Initial results almost a year ago cold and dry 180,180,175,195
              today on a warm engine it was 208,209,208,210
              The plugs showed good color and no unusual signs of wear or fouling.
              Oh yeah and i sure did stay out of the water box.
              Here's to hoping we both have a good day on wednesday.
              CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Wow, that is great! I'm burning oil so I don't even want to do mine, eek .

You are going back on Wednesday as well? Awesome!

MRT
                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

The weather is looking good for Wednesday and i hear that it is a little easier too get runs in.
                  MY car burns a little on start up and crossover. I know I fubared at least one valve seal and the evergreen gasket set I used seeps everywhere. It has no real leaks and no drips either. On my build it is the one thing i would tell others to stay away from.
                  CB7TUNER.com

Comment

solid strut tower bars

With ESP taking a indefinite break before i got too this stage in my build i opted for the UR solid two point front and rear strut tower bars.
                    It was a easy bolt in affair for the front and the rear only took a little cutting of the trim. I am really happy with initial quality and fit.
                    I have only got to play with them on the car for a little while today because it decided to thunder storm.
                    These guys make a few braces for our chassis and if this is the quality of the rest of their braces, i may have to get a few more pieces.
                    CB7TUNER.com

Comment

It's that time of year

Product name Units Price/unit Subtotal
                      06/12/15 Open Track Time 1 195.00 195.00
                      - Open Track Time - Limited Speed Lead/Follow 1 0.00 0.00

Total processing fee: $ 0.00
                      Total discount: $ 0.00
                      Total price: $ 195.00
                      CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Hey, this sounds awesome! But, I have to ask how much track time you get for that price.

Also, are you all behind a pace car? Is there no passing allowed?

MRT
                        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                          Hey, this sounds awesome! But, I have to ask how much track time you get for that price.

Also, are you all behind a pace car? Is there no passing allowed?
                          I will not be able too pass, it will be a limited speed lead follow scenario.
                          If I had the proper License or schooling I would be able too pass in designated passing zones.
                          If you have the money and the schooling you can do open lapping.
                          For the price I get three 20 min. sessions on the track.
                          There is a track a little farther from that is less restrictive and they do more open track days and a lower cost if bought in advance.
                          I jumped on this at mid Ohio because it's 1 of only 3 open track days available to me this year.
                          CB7TUNER.com

Comment

http://www.midohio.com/About-Us/A-La...k?flvpath=1077

Wow, that track looks fun! Yay for the Honda Bridge!

The car in the video needs shorter ratios, haha!

MRT
                            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Murphy's law

SO it looks like Murphy just likes to kick it with anyone who wants to go racing,
                              Last night when i was filling up with gas and going to get a go-pro from a buddy the fuel rail managed too work it self loose and start spraying fuel all over the engine compartment and letting it run down the road.
                              It looks like a easy fix, here's keeping my fingers crossed.
                              CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Good grief! So the rail bolts backed themselves out, or was it the feed line to the rail? Yikes, I hope your injectors are okay.

Yes, it seems as though we racers are having bad luck this summer

MRT
                                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Working...
                                X