crossovers placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crossovers placement

I have a 3-way component setup that uses two crossovers daised for each side, a total of 4 components. I can not come up with a location to place them. Each one is 4"h/6"w/2"d roughly. I can't put the in the back because of the kids, the trunk is already full, and under the seats is a no go.

What about the underside of the rear package tray? I used to have my xm radio tuner box and two crossovers mounted there with room to spare. Just make sure you leave clearance for the torsion bars that hold the trunk lid up.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

I was going to suggest the same location.^^^

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

i have my front crossovers in the doors

Comment

They hit the bars. I also need to be able to access them.
          running six sets of wires doesn't sound to fun.

Comment

Originally posted by judonoh View Post
            They hit the bars. I also need to be able to access them.
            running six sets of wires doesn't sound to fun.
            hmmm.... If your speakers are in the door then you do not have to run any new wire... If you want to "upgrade" the factory wiring then you just run one pair... If you mount it inside the car you need to run more wire inside the doors .

It wont hit the car if you mount them on the inside of the vapor barrier and under the door panel.

Comment

Only one speaker in the doors, the others are in kick panels. Each speaker gets its own amp channel, dont know if that makes things any more complicated.

Comment

Working...
              X