Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Swap H22 automatic ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swap H22 automatic ECU

Hey I'll finally get a chance to H22,
    in my car had a F22a4 OBD1, but I want to swap to a H22, retaining the automatic transmission of my F22A, for now I want to be so, then maybe change a 5 speed
    Well my question is to make the ECU and TCU swap use
    I have a P13 ECU
    I have a P28 ECU
    But I got this question about the ECU to use, I read in the forum are not all P13 or aut std, and I was very confused, the ECU is in charge of the engine, and TCU is responsible for the transmission,
    I intended to use the P13 ECU and TCU in my F22A

My question is all p13 are universal for STD or AUT

sorry for my bad English writing

here I leave the content in Spanish

thanks

Hola por fin tendré la oportunidad de conseguir un H22,
    en mi coche tenía un F22a4 OBD1, pero quiero hacer el swap a un H22, conservando la transmisión automática de mi F22a, por el momento quiero estar así, quizás después haga el cambio a 5 velocidades,
    Bueno mi duda es al hacer el swap que Ecu y TCU utilizar
    Tengo una ECU P13
    Tengo una ECU P28
    Pero me salió esta duda sobre la ECU a utilizar, leí en el foro que no todas las P13 son std o aut, y me confundí mucho, la ECU es la encargada del motor, y la TCU es la encargada de la transmission,
    yo pensaba utilizar la ecu P13 y la TCU de mi F22a

Mi pregunta es todas las p13 son universales para STD o AUT

gracias.

Auto ECUs are different from manual ECUs. You can convert a manual ECU to auto: http://www.pt-tuner.com/wiki/index.p...mparison_Notes

Edit: you can convert PT ECUs, IDK if any of this info is applicable to the P13.
    Last edited by kinguin7; 07-10-2012, 08:00 PM.

Comment

You will need a P13 from an automatic Prelude if you want to stay automatic. You can use an automatic P13 for a manual, but you cannot use a manual P13 for an automatic (without problems, anyway... it will run, just not well.)

Comment

I got this ECU but do not know if either STD or AUT, the shell was in a car and had NOTHING, does not bring under the hood lever and nothing I do not know who is this ECU
        It is this: P13-A11
        As I can know if Automatic or standard?
        kinguin7 me how to put the accord conversion of PT, but I do not know if it's the same for a P13

The prelude to remove it had a picture with a small black plug with yellow wires, I imagine that this was the TCU and take it away then I need???

Someone can tell me the exact number of ECU? Or if the ECU that I have official doing a conversion or something

spanish

Conseguí esta ECU pero no sé si sea STD o AUT, estaba en un cascaron el carro ya no tenía NADA, no trae palanca y debajo del cofre nada, no sé que sea esta ECU
        Es esta: P13-A11
        Como puedo saber si es Automática o estándar?
        kinguin7 me puso como hacer la conversión de la de accord PT, pero no sé si sea lo mismo para una P13

El prelude que se lo quite tenía un cuadro negro pequeño con un conector con cables amarillos, me imagine que esa era la TCU y se lo quite entonces que necesito???

Alguien me puede decir el número exacto de ECU? O si la ecu que tengo funcionaria haciendo una conversión o algo por el estilo

gracias por su ayuda

Comment

You have an OBD1 P13 for a manual transmission. You need one that has "N50" or "J50" at the end.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

By chance there is no P28 you could adapt because I think it is very difficult to get the N50 on ebay ecu this but 220d and where I find it very difficult to get the P13 I have,

Another ecu could adapt?

spanish
            De casualidad no hay una P28 que le pudiera adaptar porque creo que estará muy difícil conseguir esa ecu N50 en ebay esta pero en 220d y donde me encuentro MUY Difícil conseguir la P13 que tengo,

Que otra ecu pudiera adaptarse?

gracias

Comment

Once you have 30 posts you can scour the classifieds threads here for one. But if you're wanting to run an OBD1 H22A with an automatic transmission, that's the ideal one for you.

Are you from out of country?
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Here is the info to convert an automatic p13 to a manual. http://wikitest.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/...1P13AutoManual

Most of the information on the p13 can be found at: http://wikitest.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view.pl/Library/P13

If you know how to identify components, the scans of the auto and manual ecu's are in the second link.

I wish I could offer you more information... But those links are probably going to be the closest you'll get, without finding someone with an auto p13 to identify components, and even then, the prom might require changing to make it work right.
                PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

If I come from is not my forte and the English MX
                  This forum has helped me a lot and recommend it to people with CB7
                  Well I have knowledge in electronics,
                  I have cast swaps H22 in Integras, but these single standard and cast in a P28

In this case I want a CB7 H22 with automatic transmission
                  And I understood that the ECU controlling the engine and transmission TCU
                  I planned to put the motor in it and put the P13 ECU and TCU STD my F22
                  But to my surprise my MT ECU is completely confused and I

If necessary change internal components of the ECU I can do but take care some reference

What I said cloudasc is the reverse of what I need
                  I need MT to AT
                  Thank you very much for your help

spanish
                  Si soy de fuera y no es mi fuerte el ingles MX
                  Esta foro me ha ayudado mucho y la recomiendo a personas que tienen cb7
                  Bueno yo tengo conocimiento en electrónica,
                  Yo he echo Swaps H22 en Integras, pero estos solo los e echo en estándar con un P28

En este caso quiero Un cb7 H22 con transmisión automática
                  Y yo tenía entendido que la ECU controlaba el motor y la TCU la transmisión
                  Yo tenía pensado poner el motor en él y poner la ECU P13 STD y la TCU de mi F22
                  Pero para mi sorpresa mi ECU es MT y me confundí completamente

Si fuese necesario cambiar components internos del ecu lo puedo hacer pero ocupo alguna referencia

Lo que me dijo cloudasc es al revés de lo que yo necesito
                  Yo necesito de MT to AT
                  Muchas gracias por su ayuda

Comment

So you currently have a manual transmission CB7 with an F22 and you want to swap in an automatic transmission and H22A, is that correct?

Comment

yes H22, with automatic transmission F22

Comment

I know it sounds bad to have a H22 Aut, but my engine broke a piston F22, and I want to swap H22, to be stronger on the climbs, because where I live are not very nice the streets hehe, well the car is familiar STD and can not handle so you need an AT,
                        It may soon do STD, but until AT Thunder broken,

spanish,

Sé que suena mal tener un H22 Aut, pero mi motor F22 se quebró un pistón, y quiero hacer un swap H22, para tener más fuerza en las subidas, por que donde vivo no están muy bonitas las calles jeje, bueno el car es familiar y no saben manejar STD por eso es necesario un AT,
                        Ya próximamente quizás lo haga STD, pero hasta que Truene la AT broken

Comment

You can attach an H22 engine to an F22 transmission, the disadvantage is that the F22 transmission has taller gear ratios.

Comment

One question they know how to achieve this person leave the car automatic?

http://www.streetfire.net/video/The-...ideo_52293.htm

I think it's a forum member, changes the very high fans want to know that ECU use? Does anyone know?

They believe that if I use the p13 ecu-N50 f22 OEM TCU and run well?

thanks

spanish
                            Una pregunta saben cómo logro dejar el carro esta persona automático?

Creo que es miembro del foro, los cambios los avienta muy elevados quisiera saber que Ecus uso? ¿Alguien lo sabe?

Creen que si uso la Ecu p13-N50 y la TCU OEM f22 corra asi?

gracias

Comment

The engine proved to be a buy H23, H22 head,
                              So I think we will cancel the swap, the person insisted it was a VTEC H23 original, but I know it was not because the aims were black cap, and the only H23 Vtec is blue cap,
                              In this case I imagine it was a Frankenstein
                              So either way, ran out of heart, for a while.

It was good not having bought it?
                              Anyway thank you very much for your help against the ECU,
                              Soon find engine will wait, because where I am almost no H

spanish

El motor que compraría resulto ser un H23, con cabeza H22,
                              Así que creo que cancelare el swap, la persona insistía que era un H23 VTEc original, pero yo sé que no lo era porque la tapa de punterías era negra, y el único H23 Vtec es tapa azul,
                              En este caso me imagino que era un FRANKEnstein
                              Así que ni modo, se quedara sin corazón, por un buen tiempo.

Estuvo bien no haberlo comprado cierto?
                              De todos modos muchas gracias por su ayuda respecto al ecu,
                              Esperare pronto encontrar motor, porque donde me encuentro casi no hay H

Comment

Working...
                              X