Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Black headlights...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black headlights...

Is it still possible to find black housed headlights? (the non projector type) I use to see them on eBay and various online stores, but can't seem to find them anymore.

Any online stores still sell them?

Someone busted my headlight, and the other is cracked, so I figured I'd get two new ones.
    Last edited by JohnnyPraze; 02-11-2013, 01:24 AM.

"sale them"?

Aftermarket blackhoused projector lights are total crap anyway. The projectors suck ass.

Just get some replacement OEM lights, new or used, and blackhouse them yourself.

Comment

Deev is most definitely right on this one. Like the rest haha. Anywho if you were to compare a factory projector to the projectors in aftermarket headlights, you are sure to laugh your ass off. The build quality is absolute shit. And they look poopoo too. Fitment becomes an issue for most people also. Find a nice set of headlights you like. Split them open and go to town on them. Some things that you randomly come up with could be pretty cool. Color matching, black housing, led, angel eyes, whatever your preference may be, make it happen. No one ever got anywhere without creativity of some sort.

Comment

He did mention that he didnt want the projector lights...

The output with black housed lights is noticeably worse than stock, by the way. If you do a lot of freeway driving, i recommend against them.

*Ed. - i was referring to oem style, btw. The black housing takes away a good deal of the reflective material.
        Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-10-2013, 01:01 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by 91cb7h22poss View Post
          Deev is most definitely right on this one. Like the rest haha.
          OK that might be true but I'm not sure why you guys keep trying to school him on how much projectors suck when he clearly said he DID NOT want projectors... Whenever you get through running your mouth.

I believe these are what he is talking about
          http://www.dashzracing.com/90-93-hon...FU1yQgodr3AAZQ

Comment

Those are nothing more than modified OEM style... like anyone with an oven, spray paint, and masking tape can do themselves! (I love how they say "JDM look"... no CB in Japan had blackhoused headlights or tinted corners!)

Honestly, I don't believe there are any non-projector aftermarket blackhoused lights that aren't simply stock replacements that someone took apart and painted.
            I brought up projectors, because that's what he's going to find.

Kids today have no idea what DIY means.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Those are nothing more than modified OEM style... like anyone with an oven, spray paint, and masking tape can do themselves! (I love how they say "JDM look"... no CB in Japan had blackhoused headlights or tinted corners!)
              Yeah I absolutely agree. He can easily do this himself...

I suppose cats are just lazy these days. So much for the sense of satifaction and appreciation for your own hard work and dedication.

Comment

Or also for the people who are scared to mess up their headlights/corners black housing them. I'm sure there are plenty people scared to do the DIY, including myself

Thanks for the link by the way HardInThePaint, I never thought they sold black housed headlights that aren't the one piece ebay kind, and $140 ain't that bad either if your stock ones aren't clean to begin with.

Comment

If the lights are as good as any other quality OEM replacement, that actually is a pretty decent price.

Seriously though, it's not difficult to blackhouse your headlights. Corner lights can be a little tricky, but the headlights are simple.

Comment

If you can make a meal using an oven, you can do your headlights.

Comment

you can buy black housed corners so there is already some work saved.
                      BUt i have black house projectors and have had no issues with them at all and they work fine and the look is awesome imo.
                      so really it all comes down to taste.
                      you can do the black out on your headys your self and then buy the corners already black housed or you can go the one piece projectors.

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
                      — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

There's one brand of projector that's supposedly decent. Perhaps that's what you have.
                        Honestly, the projectors I've seen... it's not a matter of taste. It's a matter of having insufficient light output to see anything at all! HIDs plopped in those projectors throw light around even worse than stock housings.

JohnnyPraze, my suggestion to you would be to pick up a set of OEM replacement lights... new, used, junkyard, whatever. Take them apart yourself following the blackhousing DIY on this site (we have at least one.) Install some quality projectors (Morimoto "no cut", TSX, S2000, whatever... so long as they were made for HID use), and pick up a cheap HID kid with an auxiliary harness.
                        Install the projectors, blackhouse the rest, and the result will be VERY impressive, and extremely functional. Take your time and follow the directions, and it's something you can do yourself quite easily.

Comment

HardInThePaint, Thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for.

I'm a busy man. To some people, the small amount of extra cash is easily worth it, compared to the time involved to DIY.

A new set of cheap lights are what, $80? Plus paint and silicone. I'd only be saving $30-$40. More hassle than what its worth.

Comment

Hmm...an evening project of a few hours...$20 in paint supplies and silicone. DIY with your existing lights.

I've done a set in an afternoon. Installed and working back on the car in the same day.

Have your bumper/lights off the car in roughly 10 mins if you know what you're doing. About 10 mins each in the oven. Open them up. Scrape off the old glue. Mask off reflector. Quick scuff. Prime, paint. Let dry.

Silicone, reassemble. Wrap them up with a bungee cord or something to keep pressure on them while they set up for an hour or two. Reinstall. They'll setup and dry overnight. Might be foggy in the morning, but it'll go away in a day or two.

Total time invested. Maybe 3-4 hours if you're slow.
                            Last edited by crazymikey; 02-11-2013, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyPraze View Post
                              I'm a busy man. To some people, the small amount of extra cash is easily worth it, compared to the time involved to DIY.
                              Yeah I can dig it. I suppose I can't ever tell another man what is worth his time or what isn't... Some people don't feel like baking headlights and taping shit off and painting and shit.

Atleast with these you get a clean set of headlights that are already painted exactly how you want them.

Comment

Working...
                              X