So my mom quit her job today... Vent thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So my mom quit her job today... Vent thread

This sucks. My dad's income will not support us I don't think. Though this has been a long time coming. Her job has gotten harder and harder, and increasingly stressful. Things for my family are going downhill overall too. My parents both worked for the same company, and their boss has my dad doing something I can't say, but it will either end up getting him killed or in prison for life if they get caught. He's not much good to us either way. Especially now that he is our only source of income.

I think I'm going to sell my Camaro and give them the money... They need it more than me. And if things get rough, I'll tell them to sell my Dakota too, and I'll just get something smaller. I can't let them suffer financially while I get life served to me on a golden plate...

I dunno, I guess I'm just venting. Any words of advice would mean more to me right now than you probably know.
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Man keep your head up bro! Good things will come to you soon. I'll keep your family in my prayers man. Just don't stress on it right now.
    "form follows function."
    Louis Sullivan

Comment

Thanks man. It's just hard, since the cost of living is so high where we live. My sister goes to James Madison University, which is very expensive.

We have multiple car payments to make, all the home's bills.

I'm just not sure how long we can swing payments on only my fathers money.

And I don't know where else my mother could get a job at... I really wish she would have looked around for work before she walked out today... But obviously I'm not going to tell her that. She was home when I got home from school, and she was crying. I had plans to go chill with someone from thirdgen.org tonight, but now I am staying here with her.
      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

Sounds like yous gots some financial issues. I assume your parents both work blue collar jobs. Then now I will assume they are drowning in debt as it is, then your mom goes and quits out of the blue? Does not seem very responsible.
        Gary A.K.A. Carter
        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

if you feel as though you need to help your parent out man do it. they'll always remember the sacrafice you made to help them out. im not saying help them so the'll pay you back, im saying help them out because they're your parents.

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
            Sounds like yous gots some financial issues. I assume your parents both work blue collar jobs. Then now I will assume they are drowning in debt as it is, then your mom goes and quits out of the blue? Does not seem very responsible.

My parents both work for the government.

My dad trains dogs to smell bombs, and my mom does office work for the same company. No, we aren't drowning in debt, but we cut it close often.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
              if you feel as though you need to help your parent out man do it. they'll always remember the sacrafice you made to help them out. im not saying help them so the'll pay you back, im saying help them out because they're your parents.

Yeah I hear ya man. It's just hard though.

Comment

I am just saying man. Once one of my friends lived across the street from me. His Dad worked at the airport, same job basically as both my Mom and Dad. His mom stayed at home. They always leased a minivan, and his dad had a RSX Type-S. They had all kids of electronics. PS2, Xbox, and Game Cube right after they all came out. I can go on forever, well basically times caught up to them, especially with the pay cuts for airport employees. They filed for bankruptcy and were forced to sell their house. Now the five of them live in a small townhome.
                Gary A.K.A. Carter
                [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
                  I am just saying man. Once one of my friends lived across the street from me. His Dad worked at the airport, same job basically as both my Mom and Dad. His mom stayed at home. They always leased a minivan, and his dad had a RSX Type-S. They had all kids of electronics. PS2, Xbox, and Game Cube right after they all came out. I can go on forever, well basically times caught up to them, especially with the pay cuts for airport employees. They filed for bankruptcy and were forced to sell their house. Now the five of them live in a small townhome.

Naw we don't live extravagantly though. We can't afford to. We moved from Iowa to Virginia, and the difference in cost of living through us off our feet. We just got back on our feet, and now this.

I don't know, it just kind of sucks. Was my mothers choice irresponsible? Maybe. But then again, she is always thinking of others, and not taking care of herself. And in any case, she might have made a mistake, yeah. But there has only been 1 person ever that made no mistakes. (Depending on your beliefs, of course.)

Comment

well if your mom always thought of others before herself then there must have been a reason for her to have quit. im sure she wouldnt just up and quit for no reason. has to be something behind it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                      well if your mom always thought of others before herself then there must have been a reason for her to have quit. im sure she wouldnt just up and quit for no reason. has to be something behind it all.

There is. Hey boss doesn't treat her right, and makes her do things that are in no way part of her job (Watching her kids, taking her kids places, taking her pets to the vet, taking care of her pets, cleaning her home EVEN though she has numerous maids and nannies to take care of all the above, and yet my mother gets the jobs)

She got paid well, but she just couldn't handle the stress I guess.

Comment

cant she find another job and what about you
                        People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                        The world needs to be reset.

Comment

damn cant be easy man, let alone venting like this on a public forum. You sound like a pretty good kid doing that for your parents

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

.. Sucks mane tell her to get workin and start sendin in some applications on some newer jobs. And as for yoru pops tell him to get into the field of soemthing else that wont have him sticking out his neck. Tell him to go into law enforcement something government with benefits yaknow or trucking locally. Just doing something legally without all the risk I assume that out there where your at doesnt really have a strong economy job market out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
                              cant she find another job and what about you

I still need my doctors OK to get a job, then I fully intend to do so.

Comment

Working...
                              X