So my mom quit her job today... Vent thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well imo

you could flip burgers for a while not forever till everything settles or goes back to normal!

when my family was in need!
    i DJ'd on weekends! (roughly $300-$400 every gig depending on luck!)
    started working at walmart (super low wage) quit! and started working
    in construction (hanging drywall) around $10 bucks an hour
    and i sometimes worked up to like ALL DAY! and brought money home for
    my family and still to this date we keep recieved damn hospital bills for 10k+!!!
    and shit! my mom said it's a SHIT load of money owed! they told me like
    everyday my dad was in a comma it was like $1k-$3k depending i dunno if it's
    true or not

but help your family out man no matter what!
    i sold my sebring and my sonoma and bought a 91 ex
    when shit happened

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris
      well imo

you could flip burgers for a while not forever till everything settles or goes back to normal!

when my family was in need!
      i DJ'd on weekends! (roughly $300-$400 every gig depending on luck!)
      started working at walmart (super low wage) quit! and started working
      in construction (hanging drywall) around $10 bucks an hour
      and i sometimes worked up to like ALL DAY! and brought money home for
      my family and still to this date we keep recieved damn hospital bills for 10k+!!!
      and shit! my mom said it's a SHIT load of money owed! they told me like
      everyday my dad was in a comma it was like $1k-$3k depending i dunno if it's
      true or not

but help your family out man no matter what!
      i sold my sebring and my sonoma and bought a 91 ex
      when shit happened

Yeah, if my doctor says no job yet, I'll still start by selling the Camaro, and then the Dakota if necessary. Then I'll just look for a reliable, cheap, 4cylinder so we can save money on the car, the gas, and the insurance.

Not sure how much else I can do without a job. But I think Dr. Hanway is going to tell me I can go for it.
      "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
      Disregard females, acquire currency
      BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

well i hope things get better for you aswell..i really dont like to talk about my problems but i feel i need too aswell....my parents are $15,000 in debt with with my mom under limited health coverage(recent heart attack) and my dad with none(cancer) ..he is 68 years old and has no sign of stoping his work (construction worker) and my mom makes very small amount...im looking for a job aswell to help out.....this year sucks too because its senoir year and i might have to miss out on senior trip prom and other stuff because of the money...........i might try to sell my cb7 so i can go to prom and senior trip...its sucks being 17 and dealing with this already i just try to reaize there are people worse off than me..its time like this i wish i new more about god and church and all that........

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
          I have been concidering a fast food job, but I once made an oath to myself that I'd never flip burgers for money. Then again, I never thought the circumstances would be as grim as they could get now. (Though they haven't really turned sour yet, but that doesn't mean I can just sit and wait for just such events to happen.)
          Dude you are under 18, there is not that much more available to you.

My mom fucking hates her job. Hates it. At one point she was making $22/hour. Now I think it is like between $16-$18. She recently upgraded to full time so she had a guaranteed 40 hour work week and not have to hunt for overtime to get more than 20 hours. She has hated it for at least the past two years, but she keeps at it to keep us off the street, and the kids in school. In fact I am surprised she has not been fired yet.
          Gary A.K.A. Carter
          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71
            well i hope things get better for you aswell..i really dont like to talk about my problems but i feel i need too aswell....my parents are $15,000 in debt with with my mom under limited health coverage(recent heart attack) and my dad with none(cancer) ..he is 68 years old and has no sign of stoping his work (construction worker) and my mom makes very small amount...im looking for a job aswell to help out.....this year sucks too because its senoir year and i might have to miss out on senior trip prom and other stuff because of the money...........i might try to sell my cb7 so i can go to prom and senior trip...its sucks being 17 and dealing with this already i just try to reaize there are people worse off than me..its time like this i wish i new more about god and church and all that........

Damn man, sounds like you got it rough.

Not trying to end your plan, but would selling your accord for money for your senior trip/prom, etc. be a wise choice?

I mean, you need money. Money comes from having a job. Having a job GENERALLY speaking requires a car. I mean I'm just trying to make sure you see every angle of the equasion. It might be smarter to hold on to the Accord and miss a few things in high school. But then again there may be/probably are better alternatives than what I'm offering you.
            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
              Dude you are under 18, there is not that much more available to you.

My mom fucking hates her job. Hates it. At one point she was making $22/hour. Now I think it is like between $16-$18. She recently upgraded to full time so she had a guaranteed 40 hour work week and not have to hunt for overtime to get more than 20 hours. She has hated it for at least the past two years, but she keeps at it to keep us off the street, and the kids in school. In fact I am surprised she has not been fired yet.
              Yeah my mom put up with hers for 6 years.

Comment

get a office job??? do something..... most people get paid what they are worth...

Originally posted by deevergote
                Yay. You're an asshole.

Comment

Damn man, sounds like you got it rough.

Not trying to end your plan, but would selling your accord for money for your senior trip/prom, etc. be a wise choice?

I mean, you need money. Money comes from having a job. Having a job GENERALLY speaking requires a car. I mean I'm just trying to make sure you see every angle of the equasion. It might be smarter to hold on to the Accord and miss a few things in high school. But then again there may be/probably are better alternatives than what I'm offering you.

yea its true but i could use my dad mom or sister car depending on who is home plus alot of got to keep my head up there are worse off people than me

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71
                    yea its true but i could use my dad mom or sister car depending on who is home plus alot of got to keep my head up there are worse off people than me

True.

Comment

fliping burgers aint worth squat you slave over an open hot plate with grease burning you to death with people going oh i didnt want mayo i wanted more onions. Thats not really the way to go. I rather work in a convienient store. Those fastfood chain joints are for people going absolutely nowhere and love to get pimped. I broke free from the pimp formally named rob;em mcdonald

Comment

I have been concidering a fast food job, but I once made an oath to myself that I'd never flip burgers for money. Then again, I never thought the circumstances would be as grim as they could get now. (Though they haven't really turned sour yet, but that doesn't mean I can just sit and wait for just such events to happen.)
                        Why is working at a fast food place such a demeaning thing?....I worked at McDonalds for over 2 years and I KNOW that it has opened up doors that otherwise would have remained shut for me....Ive said it before and apparently Im going to have to say it over and over again.

Its not "flipping burgers"....it is part of the job but the job is alot more demanding than people seem to give it credit....Would I want to work it for the rest of my life?....Fuck no...thats why I got out when I was 18....but its a good job to do just after school and shit....They will work around your school/watever shit you have to do.....and fuck McDonalds hires people that have IQs below 80....and they work around all the shit they need to do....Im sure theyd have no problem making sure your back and everything stayed good to go

Yeah my mom put up with hers for 6 years.
                        My mom has worked at her job that she hates for 10 years.....The reason shes stayed?....because if she didnt they wouldnt have been able to afford to help my sisters and I go through college....They wouldnt be able to afford to be relativley debt free.....Im sorry but if the situation is going to be as dire as your making it seem....Your mom would have known this prior to quitting....and she shouldnt have quit

I am not trying to be a dick but sometimes you cant get sympathy for the mistakes you (or your mom) make.

but to make yourself feel better get on COD4 on xbox live and well shoot some mother fuckers....
                        Last edited by King James; 01-12-2008, 02:33 AM.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by King James

but to make yourself feel better get on COD4 on xbox live and well shoot some mother fuckers....

Aha, I might just.

Actually, I'll do you one better. Going to an amateur fight league today to watch some people beat the snot out of eachother. That should be fun.

Comment

Working...
                          X