Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Custom light weight TIMING BELT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by accord2nr81 View Post
    kinda hard to do that considering i bought it off ebay and dont have the transaction ID anymore... i will be buying an OEM belt to replace it with though

and i dont think its the belts fault... i think its something else i havnt tore it down enough to figure it out yet though... figured a greddy belt was good also.... Keele hasnt had any problems from his and he runs one i know...

yeah but ive heard like 10 other people have problems with the Greddy T-belt. from both accord and civic owners just another product im not buying

Comment

Originally posted by accord2nr81 View Post
      kinda hard to do that considering i bought it off ebay and dont have the transaction ID anymore... i will be buying an OEM belt to replace it with though

and i dont think its the belts fault... i think its something else i havnt tore it down enough to figure it out yet though... figured a greddy belt was good also.... Keele hasnt had any problems from his and he runs one i know...
      Speaking of which - Where is the rest of the belt? In peices, in dust, or full shreads?
      I'm keen to know what the cause of this, but atm I'm thinking its a belt problem - Was it a Genuine greddy belt? or a knockoff from a dodgy seller . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

[QUOTE=accord2nr81;1653081]

look on the cam gear in the second picture and near the firewall on the 1st pic... all that fuzzy shit is timing belt dust.....

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
        Originally posted by deevergote.
        But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
          yeah but ive heard like 10 other people have problems with the Greddy T-belt. from both accord and civic owners just another product im not buying
          i never heard of people having problems but if there is there is... makes me feel better thinking its the belts problem and nothing to do with the way i installed it..

and as far as i know it was a real greddy belt... came in a greddy box with a greddy sticker but that dosent mean shit... was like 170 bucks for the both belts... timing and balance.. i didnt use the balance belt at all...

just incase you decide you want to buy one of these belts heres a link LOL
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Gredd...mZ200227716066
          Last edited by accord2nr81; 09-09-2008, 06:53 AM.

But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

wow ur a lucky guy

Comment

Looks like you might either used the wrong size washer, or used no washer at all.

this is the 2nd time I see a greddy belt do that. The first time, they used a washer that was too big.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

witch washer are you talking about exactly?

Comment

You know that all information via paypal is stored in transaction numbers. You can view all your info there. As for the belt... Lets hope you didnt mishmash the valves...
                  90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                  2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

I had a 99 Prelude do the same thing after 750-1500 miles with a Honda OEM belt. I had the guy redo everything and never had a problem. I never found out what really caused it, but i do know if you don't torque the tensioners correctly the belt will walk out on you.

Comment

yea i went by all the torque specs on EVERYTHING when i put the motor together.....yea i hope i didnt mess up any valves as well is there any way i can check without pulling the head? if i put a new belt on and put it back intime, turn the crank by hand 3-6 revolutions and dont feel anything hit i should be good? if i did mess up valves i got a whole set of extra ones in another h22 head i got laying around. just hope if i did mess a valve up and didnt hurt any pistons cause i dont have an extra block or pistions.....

Comment

I believe a compression and leak down test will tell you if the valves are bent. I would bet you are ok since the belt didn't come off completely. Keep your fingers crossed.

Comment

Holy crap! Hope that didnt mess anything up. Good luck.
                          The sky is always bluer at the top of the windshield.

Comment

yeh extremely close...mine was very very very cracked from being old, but nothing like that....the belt had to be hitting something down in the timing cover....it looks to me like it shredded on the inside part of the belt, mayb it is hitting a bolt in there somehow??good luck let us know what happened
                            Lost Motion Inc. Repair and Performance Automotive

Comment

hmm that is scarry

I did the auto to manual tensioner swap a little bit ago, I might have to take my vc off and make sure everything is ok...

Thanks for the warnings!

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X