Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Fuel door release?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel door release?

This morning I stopped to get gas and the release for the fuel door would not open. I eventually had to pry it open with my key...luckily nothing broke. Last weekend when I washed it I opened the fuel door a sprayed in there with the pressure washer. I wonder if that messed it up. Has anyone had this problem or does anyone know what I should do to fix it?
    92' Honda Accord F22A1
    01' Buick Park Ave 3800 Supercharged

No.....

there is a clip on the inside that is acutated when you pull the lever...

bend that out a little i believe....BUT not to MUCH...just a tad bit....

that should fix it.

And next time it happens...wedge something under the release lever and try taping the door or using a dime or something so u dont scratch the paint etc...

Comment

I bet you knocked the metal clip off of the fuel door when you sprayed inside there. You can get a brand new one for 1.50 from the honda dealership. That's what it cost me here. Or go to your local pick and pull and get one there.

When I got my cb7, I didn't know anything about the metal clip (this is my first Honda) so I messed up my fuel door trying to find out why it wouldn't pop open. GRRR.

Comment

you might just need to re aline the two bolts and just tight them up

Comment

I got the clip...it flew out when I pried it open...maybe someone will be kind enough to post a pic of what it looks like or where it goes...the door still will not release with this clip out...
          92' Honda Accord F22A1

Comment

Well never mind...I figured it out...the clip just popped out and I figured out where it went...good as new! Thanks for the help!
            92' Honda Accord F22A1

Comment

Working...
            X