Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats really going on around here lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because Owequitit stopped posting 10 page, well thought out responses. He explains

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
    That said, I haven't said much on this board for a long time, because there are too many people that think they know more than they do, don't listen to good advice, or think they are car masters because they can slap factory built crap onto their car.
    The older, more mature generation of CB tuners have moved onto new platforms and a new generation of young immature people has replaced them. There are still some voices of reason around but they are few and far between compared to the average member.

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

All I know is that there are some people that MUST say something, even if it is unnecessary/hurtful/rude.

That is what I don't understand. If you cannot actually contribute to a thread's conversation, why say anything?

I pointed this out in another thread, but I am going to say it again 'cause its relevant.
      As a female member, there are some downright misogynist and offensive things that are said on this forum. Am I running around, calling them all out and having a sandy vag?
      NO.
      Do I find it offensive that some of you say things like, "the only numbers women should be able to read are on the oven knob?"
      Hell ya, I do.
      But Damn; your entitled your your opinion, as I am entitled to be offended (should I choose)and I know I am not going to change you through the internet. SO, I ignore it.

Moar of thet should occur.
      Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
        All I know is that there are some people that MUST say something, even if it is unnecessary/hurtful/rude.

That is what I don't understand. If you cannot actually contribute to a thread's conversation, why say anything?
        ^^^^^^^^^

Seems like some people cannot have a conversation about something that has more then 1 right answer without being blind to the "other" answer. Its sorta like arguing with a 18 yr old that they are in fact an adult even though they've never had their own place, paid bills or experienced life.

Lol
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Yes, but when I was 18, I believed that too. We all did.
          Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

As I pointed out in another thread. A lot of members here are like kids whose parents tell them not to do something because they know from experience how it will turn out but the kids dont listen. All we can do is add our knowledge to the pool and hope that at least one of the people that read the post take some positive knowledge from it. I have been gone from the site for a year or two while not having a Honda and the few friends i had were off doing other things. Honestly since I have been back I havent noticed much difference. People are still doing the same swaps, people are still acting like fools, and people are still being overly serious. Does that mean there isnt knowledge to be had here? No. I am still learning new things every day.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
              ^^^^^^^^^

Seems like some people cannot have a conversation about something that has more then 1 right answer without being blind to the "other" answer. Its sorta like arguing with a 18 yr old that they are in fact an adult even though they've never had their own place, paid bills or experienced life.

Lol
              That is indeed a good part of it. Young kids have a narrow scope when it comes to life experience. Their definition of social interaction is what they get in high school... where everyone knows everyone else, and words carry great importance.
              And yes, in their teenage years, people get worked up and passionate about things that seem to be of lesser importance to older adults.

For example, my dad would occasionally make a racist comment when I was a kid. My dad wasn't really racist. He treated everyone fairly. I had never once seen the man treat anyone with less respect due to their race. However, being born in 1945, he experienced different things than I did. I remember going on rants to him, that he politely put up with, about how he needs to view the world with an open mind, and not judge people. Was I right? Absolutely. Was I seeing the world through the naive eyes of youth? I certainly was. I was preaching about absolute right and absolute wrong. I didn't see the gray area that encompasses 99.999% of the world.

Originally posted by LadyG View Post

I pointed this out in another thread, but I am going to say it again 'cause its relevant.
              As a female member, there are some downright misogynist and offensive things that are said on this forum. Am I running around, calling them all out and having a sandy vag?
              NO.
              Do I find it offensive that some of you say things like, "the only numbers women should be able to read are on the oven knob?"
              Hell ya, I do.
              But Damn; your entitled your your opinion, as I am entitled to be offended (should I choose)and I know I am not going to change you through the internet. SO, I ignore it.

Moar of thet should occur.
              That's the right way to see things. ESPECIALLY as a girl on this forum. Granted, you have proven yourself early on to be a real enthusiast that knows how to turn a wrench... and not just some girl that's here to flirt with boys and get hit on, showing off the car that her boyfriend built for her. Those types DO exist on forums (more often than not, from what I've seen on other forums... most of our female members know their way around their cars, though.)

It's the internet. Things are going to be said. People are going to be stupid. People are stupid in real life, where they can be held personally accountable for their words and actions. Put them behind a screen name, and allow them to interact with people on the other side of the country (or the other side of the world), and they have nothing stopping them from saying what they want.

Originally posted by rickyduckworth View Post
              it's always been this way. it's not bad now, but the main thing is people eventually get tired of seeing the same question for the 85th time and take it out on someone. then they get over it and move along.

when you have a few thousand members though, there are a few annoyed people bitching at any given time.

thing is, i'd argue that the thin skinned nancies are the biggest part of the issue
              That's exactly true.
              Ricky, I remember countless times where you and I would go at it... you were the douchebag that made annoying comments, and I was the thin-skinned nancy that got all butthurt about it.

But yeah... some people have no tact, and other people take comments to heart. I don't really care what people have to say about me (I'd cry myself to sleep every night if I did... Just last night I had a member make 3 new screen names so he could bash me and defile pictures of my Fit. ) It is what it is. The only comments I take to heart are those by people that I truly respect... and for those people to say something hurtful to me would mean that I've done something to deserve it.

It happens. It's a cycle.

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
              It's just that time of the year, Happens every year, and seems to get slightly worse every couple of years.

Some members here don't actually seem to want to help others, As to why they stay - I have no idea.
              It seems to come with the late summer months (in the US... I know it's winter for you guys!) Right now, August is coming to an end, and that means it's back to school for all the highschool kiddies, back to college for all the college kiddies, and any parents with kiddies of their own are probably going nuts getting their kids ready for school.
              Vacation season is coming to an end. The weather is hot.

People are either too carefree and uninhibited by the summer freedom, or they're tense and irritable due to that summer freedom coming to an end. Either way, this time of year always seems to bring out the hypersensitivity in people.

The premium forums are still growing, so that's not really a safe haven for anyone yet. The Beginner Forums at least keep the repetitive questions (for the most part) out of the rest of the forum... so anyone that doesn't want to see that doesn't have to enter that section.
              Really, the majority of the crap in this forum, as it has always been, is in the OT sections. You guys don't get upset regarding CB7 conversation... you get upset when talking about babykilling sluts, imaginary dinosaurs, and stuff like that.

Comment

I disappeared.
                -Will

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                  Whats really disturbing to me is when I see older members that should know better posting useless threads, or outright bashing other members for whatever reason. Seems morale here is in a downward spiral, everyone here is just tired of the trolling and bs.
                  Going to agree 100% on this.

Comment

I bitch someone out usually once a week.

Comment

Pretty much the way I roll.

Comment

the thin skinned nancies are going to buy into the premium section because they can't tough it out with the lower, poorer class such as I.

i even called someone out on yelp,
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                          the thin skinned nancies are going to buy into the premium section because they can't tough it out with the lower, poorer class such as I.

i even called someone out on yelp,
                          Dayummmm

Comment

Meh, it's all a part of the game. Simplest and easiest way to go about it is to simply deal wid' it. I don't post on here as often as I once did.

Comment

I agree with wed3k. Certain people can dish out the heat but cant take the heat.

...yep I have made one of those threads calling out people, but that was done by my own choice. was it wise? yeah. was it funny? hell yah.

certain people in this thread, should just shut up... just sayin.

Comment

Working...
                              X