Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

"brake lamp" light on after replacing installing newer tailights..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"brake lamp" light on after replacing installing newer tailights..

installed new tails today, put in new bulbs on my spoiler an my high mount but the brake lamp light is still on yet my all my lights work properly. i noticed my marker light running light isnt working, could that be the issue by any chance?
    thanks

I had the same problem and i replaced the brown or black boxes thats built into the back of the tailights and it fixed it.

They are eather black or brown and i bought both new ones at a salvage yard for like 5 bucks.

IIRC they have some small 168 type bulbs in the tails also. Mabie thats my Teg IDR.
    Last edited by H311RA151N; 06-24-2012, 12:41 AM.

Comment

also known as tail light sensors

Comment

Originally posted by cb7attack66 View Post
        also known as tail light sensors
        Or brake light control module to be correct.

Comment

if ur lights leak like most ive seen the wiring buld housings get alll nasty clean or replace
          Originally posted by deevergote
          This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
          i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

There may be something wrong with your install method.Check your tail lights again. May you have a great day.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky#CB7 View Post
              i noticed my marker light running light isnt working, could that be the issue by any chance?
              thanks
              could be the issue... One thing to remember is that there are several different types of tail lamp bulbs. Each type has a few different kinds for example 3157, 3156, 3057, etc. Each of these three bulbs will fit the same sockets, but each one has a different resistance value. When your car's sensors read an incorrect resistance value, it will illuminate the "brake lamp" indicator wether the bulbs are working or not. I suggest going back through them one by one and making sure each bulb is exactly what Honda specifies belongs in each socket. Hope this helps.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Take a close look at your sockets too, I had one fall apart half way and turn the brake lamp warning light on intermittently. Just replaced it earlier today, actually.

Comment

Working...
                X