No announcement yet.

your arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rest my elbow on the door as well. Not to be cool... just to be comfortable. My left arm is quite a few shades darker than the rest of me. I like to tell people that I had an arm transplant, but the only arm they had for me came from an Ethiopian... and I'm trying to fade it.

As for people who hang their whole arm out the window... I like to think that it comes from our ancient ancestry of knuckle-dragging apes.

Comment

I fist pump out of the window occasionally. Just for cooling the arm purposes, only.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaGuy1212 View Post
        I fist pump out of the window occasionally. Just for cooling the arm purposes, only.
        You don't do the honda knock ?

Last edited by ibr_adam09; 09-05-2010, 12:28 AM.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
        -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Believe it or not, i've only done this once. that was when it was a nice day out so i took advantage of it being sunny and cool. other then that never, well maybe its cause i drive a manual in town which requires lots of stop and go. Plus im left handed so that hand usually tends to stay on the wheel.

Turbo Setup: 100%

Comment

I don't actually hang my arm out, but I do rest my elbow on the door. It's just comfortable. Really a habit I picked up from family.

I'm tan but my left arm is slightly darker. Dunno if it's noticeable though.

Originally posted by deevergote
            When you have to take a leak, and someone's in the bathroom, isn't it proper to piss in the fridge?

Comment

Originally posted by 5spd92 View Post
              Believe it or not, i've only done this once. that was when it was a nice day out so i took advantage of it being sunny and cool. other then that never, well maybe its cause i drive a manual in town which requires lots of stop and go. Plus im left handed so that hand usually tends to stay on the wheel.
              I drive a manual as well, and I'm in the city at least 3 days out of the week (driving all day). Maybe it's the left handed thing. I'll often hold the wheel in place with my knee while I shift before I move my arm from the door! I've mastered being able to do that and work the clutch at the same time.

Comment

I imagine me sticking my arm out the window is the same satisfaction a dog gets when sticking his head out the window. Plus it's fun to do the thing where you point all your fingers into the wind and make your arm do the worm.

Comment

I agree... as stupid as it looks when you see someone doing it... I'm sure ALL of us have done it before... and most of us will probably do it again in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by ibr_adam09 View Post
                    You don't do the honda knock ?

Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      I drive a manual as well, and I'm in the city at least 3 days out of the week (driving all day). Maybe it's the left handed thing. I'll often hold the wheel in place with my knee while I shift before I move my arm from the door! I've mastered being able to do that and work the clutch at the same time.
                      I'm left handed as well. So I always have my elbow on the door and hand on the wheel. Probably why I don't actually hang it out the window though.

Originally posted by deevergote
                      When you have to take a leak, and someone's in the bathroom, isn't it proper to piss in the fridge?

Comment

I hang my arm out the window when it's blue sky sunny day (since we get so few of them lol) and I'm just cruising/relaxing without realizing.
                        If you want to know why, I don't really know, I just do it

I do it a-lot more in my Toyota than the CB though simply because its harder to do in the CB (the CB window frame is higher)
                        Hmmm now you got me thinking about it, it's just a comfortable/relaxing habit.

Sometimes when I'm in the Toyota I'll even tap the door panel to the music beat . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

im 6'4" and i hav an auto cb. I do it because small cars are made for small people. Im a big guy and i need my arm space. putting my elbow on the armrest is uncomfortable for me because it is too short so my back slouches to the left whereas if i put my entire arm out, im comfy. Id rather be comfy than cramped. =D

Comment

Im failing to see how this matters.

BUT I DO IT TO FLEX MUH GUNZ.
                            To-Do List for Today
                            Be Awesome

Comment

i hang my arm out my window >_>

this one time i was having a lovely chat with a chap in a civic next to me, then he got in front of me and i was hanging my arm out the window and then i noticed he had also started hanging his out his window as well.

and i mean, hell, if integra and civic owners are doing it, it must be the cool thing to do, amiright?
                              峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                                it's like a personal radiator.
                                yup! cools you down in minutes
                                Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post
                                I can see that being valid but a/c saves more fuel during freeway speeds
                                my wagons got no ac at all

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                                i need a flow of air blowing down my underarm.
                                lol yup it works like that. goes in one sleeve & out the other side

Originally posted by PowderedMilkMan View Post
                                I imagine me sticking my arm out the window is the same satisfaction a dog gets when sticking his head out the window. Plus it's fun to do the thing where you point all your fingers into the wind and make your arm do the worm.
                                Ive done more moves than Id like to confess

Originally posted by HondaGuy1212 View Post
                                I fist pump out of the window occasionally.
                                lmao

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                                X