Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My "ricer" K24 powered CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    When the swap stuff came out, a discussion revealed that it could easily cost 6-10k to complete it. The price has probably gone down to 5-6k at this point.
    The K swap is still quite impractical cost-wise, considering the performance potential of the H22A and F22A at the moment. Right now, anyone can build an H or F to make more power than they'd ever need from a FWD daily driven street car. The K may have more overall potential than either, but that potential lies beyond what someone would want in a street car.
    Really, the only reason to do a K swap now is just to be different. Even a free K24 would result in a higher cost than buying even an expensive H22A.
    Very well put....

My Members Ride Thread ( Do It )

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1nSALUhWWE

I still have the car. I did not part it out or sell it. Kill those rumors please.

Comment

Originally posted by 2point6 View Post
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1nSALUhWWE

I still have the car. I did not part it out or sell it. Kill those rumors please.
        I thought you said previously that you were going to be parting with the car, as you were moving on from the scene. In your "goodbye" thread, you said yourself the car was up for sale... and I figured by now it must surely have been sold. That thing is a piece of Honda history! Glad you still have it, Scott!

Comment

I thought you said previously that you were going to be parting with the car, as you were moving on from the scene. In your "goodbye" thread, you said yourself the car was up for sale... and I figured by now it must surely have been sold. That thing is a piece of Honda history! Glad you still have it, Scott!
          I couldn't of said it any better myself. Wasn't this on the cover of some magazine back in the day. One of the first H22 swaps I had ever seen in a CB?

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
          MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Sport Compact Car, back in 2002. Over a decade ago, now! I don't believe it was a cover car, though... but it was a full feature.
            I don't know if it was one of the first, but definitely the highest profile CB I know of. I don't think a CB got as much exposure until Stickydiljoe's car made the cover of Honda Tuning (and that car was far more show than go... unlike Scott's car.)

Comment

In harrisburg pa at my garage we have a 91 coupe with a k24 mildlly built. It's running and isbmy bros Dd it's a gnarly fast peoplebin the area stop by all the time to check It out j all can too ibhave a 3 baygarage and a scissor lift
              Originally posted by deevergote
              This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
              i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

Originally posted by speedfr3ak View Post
                In harrisburg pa at my garage we have a 91 coupe with a k24 mildlly built. It's running and isbmy bros Dd it's a gnarly fast peoplebin the area stop by all the time to check It out j all can too ibhave a 3 baygarage and a scissor lift
                What the fuck?
                wat?

Comment

^ Lol
                  10th Anniversary Accord.
                  05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Ya speedfr3ak you gotta type a lil better, in texts u do ok, here u jack it all up.

That's a pretty ass bay buy oogly filer
                    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Sport Compact Car, back in 2002. Over a decade ago, now! I don't believe it was a cover car, though... but it was a full feature.
                      I don't know if it was one of the first, but definitely the highest profile CB I know of. I don't think a CB got as much exposure until Stickydiljoe's car made the cover of Honda Tuning (and that car was far more show than go... unlike Scott's car.)
                      Wow, I have owned a CB longer than a decade. I had that issue. Don't know what happened to it. I've changed my mind about the swap now but I did want for for the longest timebecause of that issue. The cars current condition looks amazing if it in the same state as that last video.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                      MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Yes, I am guilty... I did say it was up for sale, but it wasn't listed anywhere. I couldn't bring myself to sell it after all. It has quietly been sitting in my garage waiting patiently for me to take it out on weekend cruises. I showed it at an IFO (Import Face Off) event Last FEB and suprizingly won "best engine bay" against cars from Cali and a few others that have been featured lately on the cover(s) of Honda Tuning. Honda Tuning stole a picture of my Accord from my personal FB page and put it on theirs and there was a TON of interest in a write up. However, their comments stated clearly that there is no interest in this chasis and they told me on their FB page to get rid of the "primer paint job", so they could consider doing a photo shoot of the car. That comment started a bit of drama between their readers and themselves (not me), so they made it clear that the car would never be considered PERIOD. Not sure what this has to do with anything, but I haven't walked away from the scene entirely. I try to get it in where I can to represent.

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
                        I couldn't of said it any better myself. Wasn't this on the cover of some magazine back in the day. One of the first H22 swaps I had ever seen in a CB?
                        It was the 2nd H22 Cb7 swap done in the US. Hasport did the first, they advised me on my own swap. It had been done in january of 1995, several years before it became a feature in SCC. The engine, trans, and ECU cost me about $6000 to import. Times sure have changed since then.

Originally posted by speedfr3ak View Post
                        Wut?

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
                        Wow, I have owned a CB longer than a decade. I had that issue. Don't know what happened to it. I've changed my mind about the swap now but I did want for for the longest timebecause of that issue. The cars current condition looks amazing if it in the same state as that last video.
                        Thank you sir! It is in the same state... although I intend to get a new factory rear bumper cover to get rid of the holes I cut to help minimize drag when it was an ALL MOTOR project. I don't really have to worry about every little gain now that I can turn up the boost if I like...

Comment

I hope you dont sell it Scott, that Accord is what everyone knows you as and you have put too much work into it just to sell it off to someone else.

Comment

Yes, I am guilty... I did say it was up for sale, but it wasn't listed anywhere. I couldn't bring myself to sell it after all. It has quietly been sitting in my garage waiting patiently for me to take it out on weekend cruises. I showed it at an IFO (Import Face Off) event Last FEB and suprizingly won "best engine bay" against cars from Cali and a few others that have been featured lately on the cover(s) of Honda Tuning. Honda Tuning stole a picture of my Accord from my personal FB page and put it on theirs and there was a TON of interest in a write up. However, their comments stated clearly that there is no interest in this chasis and they told me on their FB page to get rid of the "primer paint job", so they could consider doing a photo shoot of the car. That comment started a bit of drama between their readers and themselves (not me), so they made it clear that the car would never be considered PERIOD. Not sure what this has to do with anything, but I haven't walked away from the scene entirely. I try to get it in where I can to represent.
                            Wow, what a bunch of toolbags! Primer paintjob? Please... every picture and video I see of your car has perfectly shiny paint. I remember some time ago you said you were considering changing the color... that made me sad! That blue and white CB is an icon, man!
                            And no interest in the chassis... please... I have a VERY active decade-old forum dedicated solely to the chassis. Clearly, HondaTuning is run by a bunch of idiots.

I didn't realize your car was swapped in 95. Wow. I think the next earliest swap I know of was Accord SiR here on this forum, and he did his in 97 or 98.

And don't mind speedfr3ak. He ain't right in the head.

Comment

It was the 2nd H22 Cb7 swap done in the US. Hasport did the first, they advised me on my own swap. It had been done in january of 1995, several years before it became a feature in SCC. The engine, trans, and ECU cost me about $6000 to import. Times sure have changed since then.

Wut?

Thank you sir! It is in the same state... although I intend to get a new factory rear bumper cover to get rid of the holes I cut to help minimize drag when it was an ALL MOTOR project. I don't really have to worry about every little gain now that I can turn up the boost if I like...
                              Hey man, glad you hung onto it. Mine is in a much sadder state then yours, but I just can't get rid of it. It still parks in my one car garage lol.

I was pondering about your rear bumber, and I thought about an alternative solution that you might be interested in, that would effectively do the same thing, but would be sight unseen. Have you though about fabricating a rear under tray that runs from the rear subframe back to the bumper? That would give a flat exit to the rear of the car (not really a diffuser) and keep the bumper from becoming a sail. If you worked it into the wheel wells right, it would practically be what the OEM's are doing to cut drag under there, and it would be prettier. Of course, you could just build a complete set for the whole underbody and then put a diffuser at the rear for styling, but unless you were moving, it wouldn't do much. Although, I am sure your car could go fast enough to make it effective. LOL.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Wow, what a bunch of toolbags! Primer paintjob? Please... every picture and video I see of your car has perfectly shiny paint. I remember some time ago you said you were considering changing the color... that made me sad! That blue and white CB is an icon, man!
                                And no interest in the chassis... please... I have a VERY active decade-old forum dedicated solely to the chassis. Clearly, HondaTuning is run by a bunch of idiots.

I didn't realize your car was swapped in 95. Wow. I think the next earliest swap I know of was Accord SiR here on this forum, and he did his in 97 or 98.

And don't mind speedfr3ak. He ain't right in the head.
                                Unfortunately, Honda Tuning is a slave to trends. I don't know if it is just good business sense, or if they don't realize they are doing it like most people. First it was the ricer crap, then it was hellaflush, now it is who-the-hell-knows-what-they-are-calling-the-latest-trend. If you look in the issues, they are conforming to whatever trend is hot at the time. I am all for putting as much rubber as possible under the car, but notice the hellaflush shit is all but gone?

Unfortunately for Scott, they give him shit for his two tone paint job, but we are popularizing (or at least were) kids that run around with rusty hoods and airbrushed valve covers. I figure in a year or so, he will back in style. I also think the people at Honda Tuning like to pretend they are much more powerful in the dying, shrinking Honda community than they actually are.
                                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X