CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Appearance

Old 09-29-2017, 05:46 PM   #1
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

NH-503P-3 is cool... so far.
OE flushmount questions

I bought a flushmount yesterday. It's not a Fiberglass knockoff. Its the rubber OE type and seems to be unpainted.
My question is: are the originals all rubber coated in black? It looks to be white material under a black thin rubbery coating. Idk if I need to remove the black coating before painting it? It has some small bubbles in the coating in one spot and it's come off a little in the corners.
NH-503P-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:45 PM   #2
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Never mind. I figured it out. It's just how the crappy coat of paint or primer on it peels off. Here it is as I bought it.

And here it is with some of it peeled off. It comes off easy and the surface is a smoth white rubbery casting.

I think I'll clean it up real good after I peel everything off and give it a coat of plastic primer then shoot some Granada Black on it. Can't wait to get this thing attached to the CB.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:44 AM   #3
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Looks good! I found mine had some waves/dips in it once I painted it. I really never did get it perfect but I'm sure a real body shop could.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 01:45 AM   #4
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

I got the lip all cleaned up then I drilled the dimples each a little on the tight side to get the feel for the fitment. Here it is test mounted

It fits very nicely. Can't beat the Oem stuff. I'll paint it tomorrow and finish off the install
Old 10-01-2017, 01:49 AM   #5
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Hey Raf99 I looked up yours and it looks way nice all matched up and painted. Great job on the color too. There is no better piece for the back of these cars than the flushmount lol
Old 10-01-2017, 09:33 AM   #6
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
Hey Raf99 I looked up yours and it looks way nice all matched up and painted. Great job on the color too. There is no better piece for the back of these cars than the flushmount lol
Thanks. You can do the same. Looks good from far away but with mine once painted the dimples showed. I tried 3 times now and just can't get it perfect. And I thought I could just use a straight edge with body filler and run it down the length but nope, the edges are dimpled too. Or there are dips in the middle. So it takes a good body shop guy to get it level by eye and a lot of patience. These are not OEM btw.

Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: