Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

like a sticky throttle body...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like a sticky throttle body...

hi,i have a problem with my 92 accord..it sounds like the throttle is sticking..my idle setting is perfect and ignition timing is perfect,but every time at start up my idle will rise to 1500 to 2000 rpm and it will steady there till i tap on the gas just for it to drop down.Or sometimes when i live it running for some mins and i give it a slight aggressive rev pass 2000 rpm,the engine will stay revving and not drop till i give it a tap on the gas peddle just to make the idle drop to normal....

this accord is my project and i did most of the overhauling and scraping and cleaning.so all the gaskets are new,my intake manifold is from my previous f22a6 motor that im overhauling right now.i had to remove my intake manifold again just make sure there weren't any bugs inside..lol.so i cleaned it out again and installed it,fired it up,and it still having that same situation..

>doing you think a pinched fuel hose could be causing this? i did removed my gas tank in the past and had a difficult time installing it back by myself.(friends wer to bz at the time,,lol)

The F22ax has a fast idle setting when engine is cold and should idle around 1500 RPMs in this scenario. As engine warms up, it will come down to idle around 750 RPM.

Do you encounter this issue after engine has warmed up to normal coolant operating temperature?
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

When I did my intake manifold swap form a1 to a6/h23 hybrid, I had the same issue. My issue was the Air Boost valve was plugged into the wrong spot. The vacuum line from the Air Boost valve should not be plugged into the nipples on the plenum. I can't remember where I moved it correctly too, i'd have to open my hood and trace the vacuum line, but I do remember, it should not be hooked to the plenum.
      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
        When I did my intake manifold swap form a1 to a6/h23 hybrid, I had the same issue. My issue was the Air Boost valve was plugged into the wrong spot. The vacuum line from the Air Boost valve should not be plugged into the nipples on the plenum. I can't remember where I moved it correctly too, i'd have to open my hood and trace the vacuum line, but I do remember, it should not be hooked to the plenum.
        air starter/boost valve vacuum line goes from the component itselt to a port on stock intake piping near TB.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
          The F22ax has a fast idle setting when engine is cold and should idle around 1500 RPMs in this scenario. As engine warms up, it will come down to idle around 750 RPM.

Do you encounter this issue after engine has warmed up to normal coolant operating temperature?

>yes it still does even when engine is in operating temperature.

Comment

have you check the tension of your throttle cable? if its too tight it will leave the thottle partially open and when you hit the peddle it lets go.

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
              have you check the tension of your throttle cable? if its too tight it will leave the thottle partially open and when you hit the peddle it lets go.
              hmmmm i never thought about that,i will check on that as soon as it stops raining.well i did tinker with the throttle cable adjuster just so i could get a firm feel on the peddle.maybe i over did it a lil bit.

Comment

I was actually about to post about this same problem.. mine happens randomly, warmed up or not. Same situation as you in that I rev the engine either in park or neutral and the revs hang for about two seconds then die down. I can't figure it out. Throttle cable is properly adjusted, nothing sticking either.
                1991 HONDA ACCORD EX COUPE
                2014 Volvo XC70 T6 AWD ----- 2000 Honda Odyssey LX
                2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S ------ 1994 Toyota Corolla DX
                2001 Subaru Outback --------- 1990 Infiniti M30

Comment

i had problem also where my RPM would be at 1.8k at red light and i end up using Throttle Cleaner and White Lithium grease on the throttle rotor.

it still happen randomly but not as bad as before

Comment

Originally posted by XcluziveAZN View Post
                    i had problem also where my RPM would be at 1.8k at red light and i end up using Throttle Cleaner and White Lithium grease on the throttle rotor.

it still happen randomly but not as bad as before
                    > i have a feeling it could be a pinched hose,as for you guys maybe a clogged fuel filter..i need to do a fuel pressure test,but i cant rite now...i think we have a typhoon coming.keeps raining for three days straight.

Comment

update success....

i just figured out my problem...i had a vacuum leak on my intake manifold..i torqued them down to spec and problem solve..

Comment

Working...
                      X