No announcement yet.

Ol blue : 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know there are still new parts for Saabs being made right? My father is a parts manager at a Volvo dealer that also had a Saab franchise, he said he sells $150k a month worth of Saab OEM parts. He did mention some parts are on backorder however and he can't get them. If you want his contact info PM me.
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
      You know there are still new parts for Saabs being made right? My father is a parts manager at a Volvo dealer that also had a Saab franchise, he said he sells $150k a month worth of Saab OEM parts. He did mention some parts are on backorder however and he can't get them. If you want his contact info PM me.
      From what I read on the saab forum they stopped making oem parts because the saab parts division went bankrupt before the actual car company went under. Now the Neevs or who ever owns it started it back up. But like I said that was on the internet so it could have been misinterpreted.

Comment

So a lot has happened with this car.

First off I fixed the front lip twice last year. First lip lasted me one month, drove out to Wisconsin dells and was following a couple semis with the first one ha sing a super single blowout. The semi in front of me flung it right at my brand new lip and destroyed a lot more. Repairs were around $3400 but I only have a $500 deduct so wasn't to terrible.

Second, my abs light came on again and the shop that I used to bring my car to decided to close the doors. So everyone else around wants $110 just to scan the car and another $250 to fix it.

Third, the turret housing on the transmission has bushings out so I am constantly trying to find years. But I have finally found someone that makes replacement parts that are metal and not nylon bushings. It sits right next to my turbo.

Lastly I had exhaust put on it, 3in from turbo back. I would have gotten a sound clip from when I did the catback first but my camera broke that I was going to use. Than last week I finally had the downpipe and midpipe put on, which I have had for 6 months just sitting in the garage.

By the end of the month I should have a stage 3+ tune though which is 355bhp and 455 base tq.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4OCT4vi2oQ

I figured I would let you guys here how loud my saab is, before I go with mufflers this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl8270Z35NQ

1-3 pulls, 2nd gear alone touches 70mph just to give you an estimate.

I will need a clutch soon, since I am tuned now on jzw stage 3 rev 2 tune. Sold my project corvette so I will be buying a quaife lsd and a cg motorsports 666 clutch kit. Just those 2 things will cost me 2k, a little uneasy but gotta pay to play.
          Last edited by ol blue; 02-16-2017, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X