Mini Cooper???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Cooper???

So who here has driven a Mini Cooper either base or the sports edition?? I was at a dealer and it caught my eye

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Originally posted by markrutherford View Post
    So who here has driven a Mini Cooper either base or the sports edition?? I was at a dealer and it caught my eye
    I have driven both base and the sports edition. I like both and they are quick little cars.

Comment

i got a buddy who has a mini with a supercharger on it . it looks sweet , dark gray , with off set ssr 18 black wheels on it . it runs pretty good . before for i knew he got it some friends and i were leaving the cruise in and he came by revving up at us so we got on him .my boy josh has a 97 civic with a h22 and he was messing with robby ( mini dude ) and the mini busted his butt. as i made it over to jump on him, he called my cell and we all pulled over and talked. it seems like a sweet little ride . the supercharger has a smaller pulley on his and has been chipped. his mini is sitting low too.i kinda didn't like them until then though.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
        i got a buddy who has a mini with a supercharger on it . it looks sweet , dark gray , with off set ssr 18 black wheels on it . it runs pretty good . before for i knew he got it some friends and i were leaving the cruise in and he came by revving up at us so we got on him .my boy josh has a 97 civic with a h22 and he was messing with robby ( mini dude ) and the mini busted his butt. as i made it over to jump on him, he called my cell and we all pulled over and talked. it seems like a sweet little ride . the supercharger has a smaller pulley on his and has been chipped. his mini is sitting low too.i kinda didn't like them until then though.
        Ya i looked into them when i got home and i gotta say they fly! I gotta make up my mind tho lol

Its either a civic si or mini cooper s...dont know yet

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

Comment

I'd go Civic, personally. Mini is going to rape you on service, being German. It won't be a cheap car.

They're cool, I like them...especially because the old classic Minis are my favourite car of all time. I used to have a 1979 Mini that I restored with my grandfather.

Other than that, the new Minis are a big car, for being "mini", but they have no space other than for front seat passengers. I think of them as a big Smart car 2+2.

If you just want a fun run around car and you dont carry much stuff or other people, then yeah it would be cool, and I've seen some really awesome tuned ones too.

Personally, I'd go with the Civic probably. Just in the long run, it would be cheaper to run, hold more value and be a little more practical.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
            I'd go Civic, personally. Mini is going to rape you on service, being German. It won't be a cheap car.

They're cool, I like them...especially because the old classic Minis are my favourite car of all time. I used to have a 1979 Mini that I restored with my grandfather.

Other than that, the new Minis are a big car, for being "mini", but they have no space other than for front seat passengers. I think of them as a big Smart car 2+2.

If you just want a fun run around car and you dont carry much stuff or other people, then yeah it would be cool, and I've seen some really awesome tuned ones too.

Personally, I'd go with the Civic probably. Just in the long run, it would be cheaper to run, hold more value and be a little more practical.

Ya i was thinking the same thing but that little cool could be a great sleeper. Most people with civics race alot and people know your gonna be packing a punch but a mini??? No one would think anything

Comment

07+ models have a direct injected turbocharged engine. Much better than the 02-06 Mini Cooper S
              Gary A.K.A. Carter
              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

yup new minis are turbocharged so there easier to make more power on with a couple of bolt ons and a tune your good!

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                07+ models have a direct injected turbocharged engine. Much better than the 02-06 Mini Cooper S
                MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=175158

Comment

Never drove one, but sat in a Cooper S. I'm 6'4" and was supprised by how much room I actually had in the driver seat. It was very comfortable.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

So everyone is saying go get a mini cooper s 07 and up instead of a SI?

Comment

Originally posted by markrutherford View Post
                      So everyone is saying go get a mini cooper s 07 and up instead of a SI?
                      Well, I kinda have the same kind of dilemma:
                      Every SI has LSD
                      Few MCS have LSD
                      Maintenance probably way more on the Mini
                      MCS probably gonna have leather and some more luxury stuff
                      Gary A.K.A. Carter
                      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Minis really arent all that expensive service wise. That is if you do your own work. I drive an 05 MCS.

Supercharged, Intake, 15% reduction pulley sitting in my closset. The car is a blast to drive. This is the second car I have ever owned or driven that stacks up with my miatas. Havent tracked it yet, not until summer. But on the windy mountain roads it handles like a go-kart. Also highway driving is insane. Get into some tiny tght spaces, and the supercharger whines beautifuly.

Owning a supercharged mini, I say dont get a turboed one. There are plenty of mods you can do to keep the grin on your face. And, well....the best part about the suopercharged mini is............its much harder to fit a supercharger onto an r56 turboed mini. Were as they have kits avaliable to ADD a turbo on a supercharged mini.

Twin charged mini Look it up, there are plkenty out there. Amzing machines.

Im really tired and ranting...Just saying...Go drive one and then decide.

Comment

Working...
                        X