No announcement yet.

study project about the women of the car world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes it's the men and most times it's the practice of the shop. Also..woman wouldn't steal items from car (men have crap in them anyways) or say they installed a part and not or you need a part to increase job $. For instance...I had Joe's rack and pinion a done about a month ago by very reputable shop..had the plugs and wires changed. He forgot to check oil and it ran out and his engine is dead. The Honda guys did a diagnostic and said what I knew...no compression in 2 and almost the other two. THEN...he says the rack and pinion is bad...says the plugs are bad...says the breaks are gone...(this car has great brakes) says they can fix it all for 3k maybe.
    A woman mechanic would say....piece of shit...get another car. Honest..to the point!

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
    New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
    My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
      Interesting comments.
      I wonder.. For those of you that have to take your car to a shop due to not knowledgeable or can't work on car in your building or need major work you cant do at home without proper tools. You get to the shop ...and a girl is the mechanic. What is your reaction? Would you try to leave? Would you stay but feel nervous leaving the car?
      How I view it is, to work on cars doesn't require "man" strength when power tools are available. Car work knowledge isn't a gender specific ability. All one needs is at least two hands and the physical ability to sometimes get into, onto, under and over. Secondary sexual characteristics are useless variables in this work.
      When I'm at the shop I only want ..good price, have it finished in a reasonable time, and fixed right the first time. I could care less if the person is a man or woman; White ,Black or Latin, Straight or ***, Human or machine. (some issues if they are sane or insane)
      To be blunt and honest,she would receive the biggest tip from me for doing the work I was too lazy to do and I would become permanent customer permitting she does great work.

Comment

SilverShadow: I would wonder if she's single - sorry, ladies, if that's a piggish thing to say, but it's the truth.

As far as women not stealing anything, I work in a grocery store and women are by far our biggest thieves. Men get caught trying to steal cheap stuff, while our cosmetics department is constantly missing inventory and I'll find empty packaging laying around the store. I've had management tell me about women stealing over night (24hour store) and having their kids coming in in the morning to "return" things without a receipt.
        Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-01-2014, 11:19 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
          SilverShadow: I would wonder if she's single - sorry, ladies, if that's a piggish thing to say, but it's the truth.
          lol I am used to that anyway so I would just cut you down fast anyway. (like I do with nearly every man that asks me if I am single. If your wondering why, perhaps you should read my blog, I have lost almost all trust in any man. sorry guys.)
          1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
          1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
          1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
          1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

I know a few females that work on their cars. I think it's interesting when women break into male dominated fields. The men are usually skeptical and doubtful.

I'd feel confident in a woman working on my car because for one, she already is a minority and probably has a point to prove so she can't afford to mess up because people are already expecting that. Then the look on guys' faces is priceless when they actually show them up.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
            X