Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

inward or outward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inward or outward

which way should the speakers face to get more bass.????????????????

Backyard Customs
    Originally posted by xprojectcb7x
    why would you think people at auto zone would know what they were talking about?
    Building Fund: $0
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...="0" alt="" /> CLICK IT!!

well it depends. If you want people outside to hear it more then face them out if you want the bass to be stronger inside then face them in.
    and I'm talking about subs cus I dunno if you can face the speakers anyway.
    hope I helped

Comment

dont reverse them if you want it to be loud, people who reverse their subs do it for show like if the back of the subs are chrome. You get the right subs you'll be loud inside and outside you dont have to reverse the subs to be loud
      vouches --> mj1220mj,Trickedaccord92, Maple 50175, Customlowz, 92lx

Comment

I think he was referring to how to mount them in the box, not which way to mount them in relation to the body of the car. It depends on your sub and the size of the box you're putting them in. If your box is a little smaller than it should be, point them into the box, then reverse the phase. I think. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Backwards, it give it more bass when it hits off the trunk.
          NEW PSN
          H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
          RIP

Comment

not exactly ... mounting the subs reversed will changed the volume of the box there for giving it a different sound.... if its louder will depend solely on each individual applacation.

as far as the box in general is it ported? where do the ports face? which side does the sub face???? list more info please.
            Members Ride sold...
            I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

before you ask that question..determine the type/applicantion of speakers you have and research as much as you can from the manufacturer and end users as well.. there are different speaker types/models for different specific applications..
              Last edited by casterX; 04-16-2008, 11:49 PM.

Comment

....... Generally you will get the most output facing the rear of the car. It depends on the box, the car, etc..

But simple solution. Install the box one way..... Then install it the other... omg self test.

Comment

Originally posted by byc_cb7
                  which way should the speakers face to get more bass.????????????????
                  It all depends on the brand and size subs you have, also the your box has a big deal in the way it sounds as well. I prefably face the sub towards the trunk of the car. I have been to many comps, and mostly the subs face the trunk and the box is built to the subs specs. Hope this helps and good luck.
                  I SEE You, You Wanna See Me? Come look at my 90 LX

To JDM or not to JDM, that is the question

Remember K.I.S.S, No Not The Band, Keep It Simple Stupid

Comment

just try out both ways and see what you like better.
                    nothing better than a little trial and error.

Comment

Working...
                    X