Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My "ricer" K24 powered CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My "ricer" K24 powered CB7

Since we all know that swapping an H22 into your Accord now is considered "rice" (according to at least one member here), I figured that I would post a few pictures of my K24 Swap.

For those of you who don't know me, I am not "new" to this scene. I own a shop, do most of my own work, and I didn't have mommy's credit card to make this swap happen... Actually, Hasport aproached me about doing this project so they could add to their list of custom motor mounts. The business deal is confidential, but I payed for my share of the work performed. For those who do know me... well, you already know the story.

It was a very difficult decision to take out the 280+WHP H22 that I built myself http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=108300 and step backwards in power in order to make the swap happen. I wanted to take a different approach and go boost. I opted for a cheaper route... that being the CRV K24 and an Accord 5 speed trans. Few people know that the K24 CRV head shares the same port/valve configuration as the TSX and RSX Type S. The difference is in the iVTEC opperation itself. For Boost this offers the same flow characteristics of the more expensive engines at a fraction of the cost. I must note to readers that the Hasport kit is designed to fit a different engine than the one I am using, those being the Accord K24 and the TSX engines. My mount kit is a "one off".

Here is the youtube video, if you haven't seen it yet.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvcyZNo3-FU

Since then, I decided to drive this car around a bit and had a RSX head laying around my shop, so I put that into the mix to see what it would do. For NA duty this was about a 40whp increase alone. We are around 208 whp /167 wtq currently. Other Modifications include the PRB ('06 Civic SI) intake manifold and a Hasport header.

Boost is still on the way...

Here are some pictures for your enjoyment:

Last edited by 2point6; 07-26-2008, 01:14 PM.

Looks good, thumbs up on getting that K24 in there.

Comment

Originally posted by 2point6 View Post
      Since we all know that swapping an H22 into your Accord now is considered "rice", I figured that I would post a few pictures of my K24 Swap.

For those of you who don't know me, I am not "new" to this scene. I didn't have mommy's credit card to make this swap happen... Actually, Hasport aproached me about doing this project so they could add to their list of custom motor mounts. The business deal is confidential, but I payed for my share of the work performed. For those who do know me... well, you already know the story.

It was a very difficult decision to take out the 280+WHP H22 that I built myself and step backwards in power in order to make the swap happen. I wanted to take a different approach and go boost. I opted for a very inexpensive route... that being the CRV K24 and an Accord 5 speed trans.
      Since few people know that the CRV head shares the same port/valve configuration as the TSX and RSX Type S. The difference is in the iVTEC opperation itself. Since then, I decided to drive this car around a bit and had a RSX head laying around my shop, so I put that into the mix to see what it would do. For NA duty this was about a 40whp increase alone. We are around 208 whp /167 wtq currently. Other Modifications include the PRB ('06 Civic SI) intake manifold and a Hasport header.

Boost is still on the way...

Here are some pictures for your enjoyment:

WOW!!!!

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
      My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

holy shit bro i rem talkin to u when u first told me u were gonna do this, know the day has cum its done!

Facebook me
        http://www.facebook.com/damon.amplo?ref=tn_tnmn
        For sale thread
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...46#post3092146
        Willing to buy/trade thread
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196484

Comment

Was it an RSX-S head that you put on?

If so, does that mean that the VTEC actuation on the exhaust cam is worth 40HP?
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Such a beautiful thing.
            Congrats!!!!!
            -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
              Was it an RSX-S head that you put on?

If so, does that mean that the VTEC actuation on the exhaust cam is worth 40HP?
              Yes. I am Not kidding... I don't know what the CRV baselined at unfortunately, it was fast then... Now it's a completely different car just by swapping the Head and changing the Kpro program.

Comment

damn man that shiznit is HOT
                Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

all I got to say is wow, looks good. How long did it take for hasport to make the mounts and stuff for you?
                  Love Built Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaniEG6 View Post
                    all I got to say is wow, looks good. How long did it take for hasport to make the mounts and stuff for you?
                    Truth... it took longer than it was supposed to. The finished project was supposed to be availible to customers by last Christmas. I recieved the car from Hasport at the end of June. The Hasport crew is very busy with all kinds of projects, so I didn't mind the time delay. I am very grateful for what they did for me.

Comment

so does hasport have everything needed for the swap?? or jus mounts itself?? cause i have a complete k24 laying around
                      -Gio

1990 Honda Accord LX-T (sold).

1992 Honda Accord Wagon.

1986 E-85 Turbo Prelude.

Comment

You guys did a great job, for a swap that took a shit ton of work, looks super clean. Great job

Comment

how much hp is that pullin?
                          nvm i seeee..

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by 2point6 View Post
                            Yes. I am Not kidding... I don't know what the CRV baselined at unfortunately, it was fast then... Now it's a completely different car just by swapping the Head and changing the Kpro program.
                            That is absolutely outstanding! A strong testament to the exhaust side VTEC since the ports and stuff are the same.

I am partly sad to hear that you aren't going to go NA on this one too, but I understand why you are doing it.

Thanks for putting in the time to be a pioneer. The community is better for it.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Well, I'm speechless.

Trev.
                              RETIRED...

Comment

Working...
                              X