No announcement yet.

Being young on Cb7tuner...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's so many other things going in the world to get all bent out of shape over something said on a car forum... just sayin'.
    CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

Originally posted by Raceboy View Post
      There's so many other things going in the world to get all bent out of shape over something said on a car forum... just sayin'.
      Very true. That's part of what my "limited vision" comment was referring to.

Comment

do what people who can't handle other people's post do (like turbomaxx) and put people on the ignore list. the big boys can handle what other say but the little ones need filtering for them

deev mentioned in some other thread that he puts people who are gold/blue to a higher standards...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          If you show immaturity in your posts, it will be attributed to your age. In your case, if people assume that you are young, they are correct. To your credit, most of your posts are well-typed. The only immaturity I see from you is, in all honesty, appropriate for your age. At your age, you begin to understand adult reasoning... however, that vision is fairly new, and your world (figuratively) is very small. You're seeing and thinking things in a way that is new to you, but tired and commonplace for anyone 5-6+ years older than you.

You are outspoken, and you are young. Because you are outspoken, you occasionally say things that betray your age. People often respond to individual posts, not individual posters... so if they view a post as immature, they will comment on it.

I've called men in their mid-30s "kid" on this site, due to their thoroughly immature posts.

My advice? Either deal with it... because the big kids will ALWAYS pick on the little kids (put up with it long enough, and you'll probably gain their respect.), or watch what you post. Take it easy, think it through, and don't comment unless you KNOW it's going to be well received. That, and make a considerable amount of technical posts. A young guy that really knows his way around his car is often shown respect... as long as he doesn't brag about how much he knows (because the guy that's been wrenching professionally for the past 10 years won't be impressed by that one bit!)

shit, my dad has a picture of me with a wrench in my hand muggin for the camera under the hood of his Rambler in 1969

respect is a two way street, it is given and earned
          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

when you're 16, you don't know that 16 year olds are all dipshits in one way or another. i didn't know that i was a dipshit back then. now i do and hell, in 10 years i may look back and think i'm a dipshit now, but it's nothing to worry about.

you will change a ton, enough that every 5 years or so, you look back and think "wtf?"

one way to get respect is to delete this sissy ass thread and just move on. if you think about it, it's probably one or two people who got under your skin with an age comment that are the problem, not the average person who is older than you. i don't give a shit how old someone is.
            ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Age really isn't anything but a number...once you hit 25. :P

But it all seriousness, just remember it is soooooo easy to read posts wrong, misunderstand, ect when your dealing w/ type. 90% of language is non-verbal, so we are all sitting at 10% of just words.

Let the dumb shit go, because once we walk away from the computer and it ceases to exist.
              Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

I posted in the dinosaur thread and I still feel a little "WTF was this kid doing in elementary school" after the deal was over.

That being said, I understand your position. I dont agree with it, just like people dont agree with me and my opinion that their may be Aliens. Whatever. Who cares.

Do you understand that a conversation among friends will yield different results then a conversation with random people?

I get your side of the dinosaur thing, but honest to god man what did you really think people were going to say? Did you think you were going to convince others' that they didnt exist? Somehow contradicting all of the proof- you should've expected some outrageous redicule.

I would like to point out in that thread about dinosaurs(which is what Im thinking this is about? If not, my bad) you didn't really want to listen to others' points either, and were solely trying to emphasize your own. That alone opens the door for stupid people to give you shit. Once you start arguing with them, its all over and you may as well stop reading. Some people, just want to argue. Thats it.

Im not saying thats a wrong approach, persay. But on the interwebs you can always count on some douche canoe that wants to argue with you, redicule you and make you feel like you prolly did when you started this thread. That being said, you probably should've seen that coming.

Maturity would have seen that coming, and maybe thats how this all relates back to age.

My two cents. For reference, I enjoyed your coy'ish approach, but never in a million years would I believe that dinosaurs didnt exist.

Lol

We can't even feed the hungry, you think those fucks in Africa have time to create and burry dino skeletons, complete and all?

LOL-Good conversation piece though.

I may try and argue that to my wife for shits and giggles tonight, just to fuck with her.

Im sure Ill get the WTF response, Ill see that coming and will not let that bother me even though i care deeply about my wifes opinion.

(see how that works?)
                Last edited by toycar; 08-22-2011, 09:43 AM.
                Originally posted by wed3k
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by JARHEAD293 View Post
                  Another waste of a thread
                  Your sig is perfect

To the OP, the only thing people judge are your posts... if you post like an idiot you will get treated like one

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Respect isn't given, it's earned. I'm 15 and I've made some dumb post on here. I know I have. Im not scared to admit when I'm wrong or I messed. Deev has said things that made me feel dumb cuz I POSTED something dumb. If u learn from it u will get more respect than if u fight it and TRY to act tough. It's a part of growing up. Just learn from it.
                    1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
                    For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Originally posted by Wickit View Post
                      Respect isn't given, it's earned. I'm 15 and I've made some dumb post on here. I know I have. Im not scared to admit when I'm wrong or I messed. Deev has said things that made me feel dumb cuz I POSTED something dumb. If u learn from it u will get more respect than if u fight it and TRY to act tough. It's a part of growing up. Just learn from it.
                      you'll get more respect if you show up at their house and murder their dog

respect is just fear in one way or another. i respect my kids because one of them will probably have it in her to cut me in my sleep.

i'm afraid of a 6 year old girl. i respect her.
                      ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Respect and fear aren't always the same. When you fear something, you may take the first opportunity to destroy it (obviously not your kids... but a dictator? a douchebag boss? a bully?)

If you respect someone, the only thing you truly fear is doing something to disappoint them.
                        There are a number of people in this world that I truly respect. I don't fear any of them. I can't think of anyone I do fear... but should I come across someone that frightens me, I would only respect their ability to harm me. Once the threat is neutralized, there is nothing left to respect.

The point is, this is the internet. You have options. You can hide behind your screen name, knowing nobody will ever know who you are (or at least hope so), and act like a tool. You can be naive and think everyone is your friend, allowing yourself to get all worked up when someone shows you otherwise. You can choose your words and interactions wisely, and learn which people are worth your time (that's my way of doing things.) Or you can just sit back and read... saying nothing at all.

Respect is earned. It is not something that you deserve simply because you exist. It is not something that is fairly distributed. Yes, a 16 year old on a forum is VERY likely to have a more difficult time earning the respect of the older, wiser members than a 25 year old.
                        Of course, you have the "hey, he's only 16" thing going for you... so when you screw up and say something stupid, people will just attribute it to your youth. Trust me, it's better than being 30 years old and having someone question your maturity level. You aren't expected to act maturely 100% of the time, even if you are called out on the occasions that you act immaturely. Older people are expected to be mature... and respect is lost much more quickly when they are not.

Comment

i didnt read jack on this thread

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth View Post
                            i'm afraid of a 6 year old girl. i respect her.
                            Lol I wanna sig that.

Im 20. but I dont see age as a type of rank in life its all about what you kno. Im sure you know more about a cb than i do. I hate to think i know more than you cuz your younger. or think im more mature cuz im older. I hate that people think that way.

Respect is earned, but that dose not mean that people that haven't earned it yet are subject to scrutiny.

Comment

Originally posted by accord=inspire? View Post
                              i didnt read jack on this thread
                              Why not? We read all your bullshit troll posts...

Originally posted by WiggneedsJDM View Post
                              Lol I wanna sig that.

Im 20. but I dont see age as a type of rank in life its all about what you kno. Im sure you know more about a cb than i do. I hate to think i know more than you cuz your younger. or think im more mature cuz im older. I hate that people think that way.

Respect is earned, but that dose not mean that people that haven't earned it yet are subject to scrutiny.
                              Age and maturity DO go hand in hand somewhat. I'm not saying all 16 year olds are expected to make threads about boogers (the last member that did that was well into his adult years... ) nor do we expect older people to wear smoking jackets with elbow patches, and appreciate the humor in the comics found in the New Yorker.

Personally, I really appreciate the younger crowd on here... especially those that put a lot of effort into learning about their cars. Even those that don't have the money to do much to their cars still have everything they need to fill their heads with knowledge. I see the young members that are obviously doing that as the future of this community. Most of the old guys will eventually move on. When that happens, the younger enthusiasts are the ones that will take their place.

Comment

It's not your opinion we don't respect, it's how you voice it.
                                "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                                "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                                Disregard females, acquire currency
                                BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Working...
                                X